Nuts: benefit and harm
Nuts grew on the Earth even before the ice age - this fact is proved by the results of archaeological excavations, during which the remains of this culture were found on the banks of the Ob river in Siberia and on the island of Greenland.In ancient Greece, the decorative properties of walnut trees were appreciated by landscape designers of the time.And, of course, we can not fail to mention the fact that at all times in different countries, nuts of various species are necessarily included in the diet and even used in cosmetology and folk medicine.Until today, these traditions have not lost their relevance.What, in fact, is the use of nuts?Do nuts have contraindications and can harm the body?Let's try to understand these issues together.
The following values may vary depending on the type of nut and its freshness.
- Vitamins of almost the entire group B;
- Group C and E vitamins;
- Useful substances - potassium, manganese, copper, zinc, phosphorus, iron, sodium calcium;
- Organic acids;
- Complex proteins.
Interesting! Given such a rich nutritional composition, it is not surprising that the nuts of many peoples have become the "food of the heroes".
Benefits of nuts
Physicians identify such valuable properties of nuts:
- Reduces the risk of cardiovascular problems.Regular use of nuts helps prevent dementia, heart attack.
- The level of cholesterol in the blood is stabilized, as well as the development of anemia and vasospasms is excluded.
- There is a stimulation of muscle tissue and a beneficial effect on the overall growth of the body.
- The cleansing properties of the liver are maintained and the digestive function is normalized.The use of nuts even allows you to gently remove gallstones and kidney stones and cope with rheumatism.
- Stimulates the work of the brain.
Interesting! In ancient civilizations, nuts were even forbidden to eat common people, so that they did not become smarter and did not want to change their position in society.
Modern medics recommend the use of nuts in a moderate amount to pregnant women to exclude oxygen starvation of the fetus, as well as nursing mothers, to improve the quality of breast milk.
Harm to nuts
Despite its value, nuts can cause serious damage to the human body.For example, if a person is allergic, which is caused by complex proteins of such nuts as peanuts or almonds, the negative impact can be expressed not only in skin rash, which is far from aesthetic.When a large dose is received, laryngeal edema occurs, oxygen access to the body is blocked and a person dies.
Nuts are as harmful as:
- Increases the load on the body if nuts are used in hot meat, fish dishes or baking.
- Until 4-5 years, it is not recommended to give nuts to children, since this product is not easily digested in an even growing body and can cause gastrointestinal upset in various forms.
- If nuts are improperly processed - overcooked, it adversely affects the liver cells.
- A large dose of bitter almonds - more than 50 pieces for an adult and 10 pieces for a child, can become fatal, as it contains hydrocyanic acid, which belongs to the group of potent poisons.
Important: has been scientifically proven if a pregnant woman consumes nuts in large quantities and daily, the probability of having an asthmatic child is high.
To improve the skin condition:
Regularly make nut masks.The simplest of them, suitable for all skin types, is prepared from walnut oil( 1 tablespoon), green clay in the same amount and 6 drops of lemon juice.Mix the ingredients well, apply on face for half an hour, and then rinse with warm water.
Will help restore the strength and shine of hair such a mask:
- 1 chicken yolk;
- 2 tbsp.L.Nut oil;
- 1 tsp.Honey.
For application it is enough to rub into roots, apply to all hair and leave for half an hour.
To strengthen the immunity of
Rub on a meat grinder with walnuts and honey, taking the ingredients in equal parts.Take this mixture should be after it is infused in a tightly closed pot for 1 month for 1 tsp.3 times a day before meals.The full course is 10 days.
As you can see, the useful properties of nuts are hard to overestimate.However, they should be consumed in moderation, and also pay attention to the freshness of the fruit, since this factor is decisive in determining the benefit / harm of the product.