Pasternak: benefit and harm
The name of this vegetable is widely heard, but how to use it, and how useful the parsnip is, not everyone knows.This root in its appearance is very similar to carrots, only has a white color.As for the taste - it is sweet, slightly spicy, and the vegetable also has a persistent pleasant aroma.What exactly are the useful properties of parsnip, that it is widely used in folk and conventional medicine, and what harm can there be from it, you will learn from this article.
Interesting! This vegetable culture was known as early as the 1st century BC.E.It is in the literature and writings of that time that the first mention of parsnip is found in Pliny.Seeds of such root crops were also found in excavations on the territory of Switzerland - finds are dated to the Neolithic period.And in the 16th century, the vegetable was one of the most accessible and was present in the daily diet.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories 47 kcal
- Protein 4 g
- Fat 5g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Dietary Fiber 5 g
- Water 83 g
Useful propertiesParsnip are quite understandable if we carefully consider its chemical composition. It includes:
- minerals: sodium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron and a large amount of potassium;
- vitamins: A, C, B, PP;
- proteins, carbohydrates, dietary fiber.
Pasternak is considered to be an "easy" product, because there are 47 calories per 100 grams of vegetables.
The value of parsnip was noticed long ago, and the roots and leaves of this plant are suitable for medicinal purposes.But only root vegetables are used for food.They can be eaten raw, cooked or baked.
Interesting! Pharmaceutical preparations are produced on the basis of parsnip."Pastinacin" - is prescribed for coronary spasms and angina pectoris.And also "Beroxane" - is used to treat baldness and vitiligo.
The inclusion of parsnips in a regular home menu will help:
- reduce pain in colic in the liver, kidneys, stomach, since the vegetable has antispasmodic properties;
- strengthen the immune system and bring the body into tonus;
- to eliminate hallucinations in people with psychological disorders;
- cure cough;
- to neutralize pigment spots on the skin, including with vitiligo;
- improve skin color;
- to carry out prevention of heart disease;
- to prevent the development of dementia;
- to lower the level of glucose and cholesterol in the blood;
- to accelerate recovery in the treatment of colds and viral diseases;
- improve the digestive system;
- cleanse the body of toxins;
- to improve the potency in men;
- to relieve inflammation in the pelvic organs in women.
Interesting! In practice, it is checked that if you grind several parsnip seeds in your hands and inhale their fragrance for a few minutes, then the mood improves and the concentration of attention increases, the thoughts are arranged.In addition to all of the above, parsnip:
- helps to get rid of alopecia;
- gives a diuretic effect;
- stimulates the dissolution of kidney stones;
- treats diseases of the brain and lungs;
- strengthens the nails.
Important! Parsnip is recommended for pregnant women to prevent the development of anemia, osteoporosis, the appearance of edema in the woman and the development of dementia in a newborn baby.
As such, there are no contraindications to the use of parsnip.There were no cases of allergy development on this vegetable.
Tip! When growing and preparing parsnips, one should be more careful, as when coming into contact with moist skin, leaves and fruits can cause burns.Especially safety rules must be observed for those who have sensitive or light skin.
In folk medicine, there are a lot of recipes for cooking parsnips that help fight various ailments.We suggest you study some of them.
- Decoction for tonus.1 tbsp.L.Leaves on 2 glasses of water - this mixture is boiled for 10 minutes, then it is insisted for about 2 hours.You should drink on ⅓ st.Per day 3 times.Better - half an hour before a meal.
- Decoction of alopecia.It is prepared according to the same scheme as in the previous recipe, only take 1 tbsp.L.Three times a day.At the same time, you can rub the root juice or the same tincture prepared from the leaves of the seeds and roots into the scalp every other day.Continue all procedures for a month.
- Decoction with general loss of strength and after operations.For cooking take 2 tbsp.L.Crushed roots, 3 tbsp.L.Sugar, a glass of water.All this is boiled for 15 minutes and 8 hours insist.You need to drink 15 minutes before eating a third cup to 4 times a day.