Diet with varicose veins
Varicose veins and vascular networks are a big and serious problem that is familiar to many women and men who are obese or who have a hereditary predisposition to such ailments.Often the cause of the appearance of varicose veins is pregnancy or constant work on the legs.
In most cases, this problem is manifested only as a cosmetic drawback.However, it is not uncommon for varicose veins to bring physical discomfort to a person and also negatively affect his health: such ailments as phlebitis( inflammation of the veins), the formation of ulcers on the skin, thrombosis, etc. occur.Table of contents: The basic principles of a diet for varicose veins Products that form the basis of a diet for varicose veins Foods that will have to be abandoned in varicose diet Nutrition and a few tips on eating food Elimination of slags and diet for varicose veins Menu options for a dietWith varicose veins Fasting and color diet
It is possible to quickly get rid of varicose veins with:
- laser surgery;
- removal of veins.
However, there is also a simpler and completely painless method of preventing and treating varicose veins - adherence to a special diet developed by phlebologists.
Basic principles of a diet for varicose veins
To get rid of ugly painful veins on your legs, a qualitative change in the regime and style of nutrition will help.
The basis of a diet for varicose veins is based on the following principles:
- Daily on the menu should be products rich in bioflavonoids , which contribute to strengthening the walls of blood vessels and blocking the formation of free radicals that damage tissues. Among the bioflavonoids is the routine .This substance perfectly removes the pain syndrome and reduces swelling in the tissues of varicose veins.The best sources of bioflavonoids are berries and fruits( in particular, citrus fruits, apples), cereals( the maximum amount of routine is contained in buckwheat) and other products of plant origin.
- With varicose veins, the body must be fully provided with vitamin C , which plays an important role in the synthesis of collagen and elastin.It is these substances that are needed to maintain the veins in good condition.In addition, vitamin C has a positive effect on blood circulation.It should be noted that the effectiveness of the action of ascorbic acid is greatly enhanced when it works in tandem with vitamin E.
- In the diet should necessarily be present products containing fiber. The source of fiber is plant food, in particular: apples, pears, beans, carrots.This substance helps normalize the work of the gastrointestinal tract( GIT), prevent constipation and soften the consistency of the stool.How does this relate to the problem of varicose veins, you ask?First, with frequent constipation, the pressure on the veins increases, and subsequently hemorrhoids form.Secondly, disruptions in the gastrointestinal tract affect the blood circulation in the lower limbs, and the toxins released by the calves get into the blood, thereby reducing its quality.That is why it is important to monitor the digestive system and prevent constipation through the use of plant fiber.
- The drinking regime and, correspondingly, the water-salt exchange must be adjusted.Do not dehydrate the body, especially when it comes to varicose veins, because of water deficiency:
- increases blood viscosity;
- obstructs the activity of the intestine and constitutes constipation.
In case of varicose veins, the use of alcohol is not recommended.As for coffee and tea, it is desirable to reduce their consumption to a minimum.The fact is that these drinks have a diuretic effect and lead to dehydration of the body.As a drink in varicose veins, it is recommended to use drinking or mineral water, as well as ginger or green teas, which have antioxidant properties.
- It is necessary to monitor the caloric content and fat content of food, since fatty foods help increase the viscosity of the blood. In addition, food in which excess cholesterol contains bad, provokes the development of such a disease as atherosclerosis, in which pathological atherosclerotic deposits narrow the lumen of the vessels.
Foods that form the basis of a diet for varicose veins
As already mentioned, varicose veins in food should be preferred to products rich in bioflavonoids, antioxidants and fiber. Therefore, the diet menu can include mainly the following products:
- cereals: oatmeal, rice, barley, buckwheat( the best source of routine), etc. In addition to the usual cereals, you should also pay attention to such extremely useful food as wheat, oats or rye;
- Beans .The most desirable product with varicose in this category is the string bean, which perfectly helps to strengthen the vessels and reduce the likelihood of their rupture;
- Various vegetables , in particular: tomatoes, cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, garlic, onions, potatoes, which is preferable to use in uniform.It is worth noting that in the fight against varicose, irreplaceable vegetables are beets.In its composition there is betatsianid - a compound, through which the vegetable has such intense burgundy color.This substance significantly reduces the level of homocysteine damaging the walls of blood vessels;
- Fruits and berries : apples, various variants of citrus, black currant, strawberry, gooseberry.Also, do not forget about such a miracle-berry, like blueberries, which is an excellent source of vitamin E and collagen components, so necessary for vascular health.Avocado is an excellent source of vitamins C and E, useful for the health of blood vessels, as well as glutathione, which blocks the negative effect on the cardiovascular system of free radicals.
- greens: dill, parsley, watercress, rosemary, etc.
- Low-fat dairy products .
- Meat should be restricted during the diet.Sometimes you can eat lamb kidneys or beef liver, which contain copper.This microelement plays an important role in the synthesis of elastin, which provides flexibility and strength of the walls of the vessels.
- Fish and seafood : fish of low-fat varieties, shrimp, squid, crab, mussels or oysters.
- Drinks: natural green teas, ginger tea, freshly squeezed juices and berry fruit.
- Sweets: dried fruits, nuts, honey, jam.
Important! All allowed products can be cooked, steamed, stewed, baked with herbs and spices.Consumption of salt should be limited, and if possible, completely remove from the diet for at least a month.Also, you need to completely abandon fried foods, as it increases the level of cholesterol in the blood.
Products to be abandoned in case of varicose veins
Prohibited products include:
- semi-finished products, fast food;
- smoked products and canned food;
- meat broths and jellies;
- is a fat-saturated food;
- sugar and sweeteners;
- candy, chocolate;
- alcohol, coffee and black tea.
If you refuse these products, you will get rid of hemorrhoids and venous stasis, you can lose a few extra pounds and forget about such a problem as thrombophlebitis.This diet can be maintained for as long as necessary.
Nutritional regimen and a few tips on eating food
Observing a special diet, it is important to consider both lists of recommended and prohibited foods, and how to use them.
The basic dietary rules that must be strictly adhered to include:
- Fractional power supply .That is, it is necessary to eat often( 5-6 times a day), but in small portions.The purpose of this rule is to evenly distribute the load on the digestive and circulatory system.
- Breakfast is a mandatory meal, and it should be full: half the daily norm of proteins and carbohydrates the body should receive in the morning.If there is no appetite, then it's worth trying to wake up half an hour earlier.Late dinner . .The last meal should be no later than 18-19 hours.
- It is not recommended to drink during meals, because the water is diluted with gastric juice and digestion deteriorates.It is better to drink half a glass of water 15-20 minutes before the start of the meal.This method contributes to a faster arrival of a feeling of satiety when eating less food.
- It is not recommended to read or watch the video during meals, as people often overeat food without concentrating on food.It's worth knowing that the acetylcholine receptors responsible for feeling hungry are only saturated after about half an hour, so stopping food intake is helpful with a slight sense of hunger.
Some tips on the use of allowed products:
- every day on the menu porridges should be present, as they are well absorbed by the body, they are a source of complex carbohydrates and help to establish the digestive process;
- try to eat at each meal a plate of salad from fresh vegetables and greens .Do not forget that beta-carotene and retinol are fat-soluble vitamins, therefore salads from the products supplying these trace elements must necessarily be filled with vegetable oil.
- in hot season, cold soups ( okroshka, green cabbage soup, beets, etc.) become indispensable helpers in the diet.Such food will not only quench thirst, but will also be quite nutritious for the body.
- from beef liver, which is very useful for the body, it is possible to prepare an excellent pate .To do this, this subproduct is boiled with vegetables, twisted in a meat grinder and dressed with vegetable oil with spices.
- to make a variety in the drinking regime allows a huge assortment of herbal teas , which have not only different healing properties, but also different taste and aroma.It is worth paying attention to teas from such useful plants as: melissa, mint, linden, thyme, chamomile, etc. Also, a wonderful aromatic tea is obtained by brewing twigs and leaves of raspberries and currants.
Excretion of slag and diet for varicose veins
It probably does not make sense to talk again about the detrimental effects of slag masses on the body, which eventually accumulate in various places of the gastrointestinal tract, as well as in blood vessels.However, it is worth noting that the above diet is very helpful in removing these very slags.And to make the process of cleaning the body more efficient and quick, it is necessary to arrange periodically the so-called " days of discharge ".
The main task during the "cleansing" of the body is to limit food consumption as much as possible and focus on drinking. The recommended volume of consumed liquid during the fasting days is two liters or more.
It is very important after the "cleaning" process is not broken and not eat more food than necessary, otherwise all previous efforts will not make sense and will not bring the desired result.
Variants of the menu for a diet with varicose veins
Option No. 1
- Breakfast - oatmeal with a handful of nuts and raisins, green tea, a couple of rusks.
- The first snack is two green apples.
- Lunch - fish soup, whole wheat bread, buckwheat porridge, baked beet salad.
- The second snack is cottage cheese with blueberries.
- Dinner - boiled potatoes in a uniform, salad from a tomato and the Bulgarian pepper, ginger tea.
Option No. 2
- Breakfast - corn porridge with prunes and dried apricots, yogurt.
- The first snack is a salad of avocado and chicken fillet.
- Lunch - vegetable stew, ginger tea, bread with currant jam.
- The second snack is a fruit salad.Dinner - fish with vegetables, cooked on the grill.
- Breakfast - omelette with vegetables, green tea, crackers with honey.
- The first snack is yogurt and banana.
- Lunch - vegetarian cabbage soup, whole wheat bread, mint tea.
- The second snack is a salad with tomato and cheese.Dinner - pepper stuffed with stuffing from natural rice, carrots, onions, herbs and garlic, a glass of kefir.
- Breakfast - buckwheat porridge, cabbage and cucumber salad, ginger tea.
- The first snack is an orange and a banana.
- Lunch - boiled asparagus, whole grain bread with beef liver pate, green tea, blueberry jam.
- The second snack is a seafood salad.Dinner - casserole from vegetables with cheese.
Option number 5
- Breakfast - barley porridge with raisins, fruit tea, cracker with jam.
- The first snack is cottage cheese with dried fruits and nuts.
- Lunch - vegetable soup with rice cereals, homemade lemonade.The second snack is the Greek salad.
- Dinner - vegetables, steamed, baked fish, berry smuzzi.
Fasting and color diet
There are cases when nutritionists recommend a fasting with varicose veins . However, it should be noted immediately that this method is not suitable for everyone and has many contraindications.And even those people who, for reasons of health, can afford starvation, must undergo a serious preparatory stage.
&> This rather radical method for varicose has no positive effect, if applied alone, as the only way to treat it.Standing results can be achieved by combining starvation with adequate medication.Only this approach allows us to accelerate the recovery process for varicose veins.
Another interesting trend in dietology, which is often recommended by specialists to people with varicose veins, is the color diet .
This system is based on a daily change in the diet of products of plant origin by their color. Nutritionists justify this approach in that the colors of vegetables and fruits indicate the presence in them of certain useful trace elements and substances that favorably affect the blood and vessels.In addition, the digestive system is much easier to cope with the digestion of products of the same color, supplying the same substances to the body.
According to the principles of the color diet, every day the food includes products of one of the five main colors below:
- blue color and its shades( for example, eggplant, plum) indicates the presence of fucoxanthins in the product;
- green color( cucumbers, asparagus beans, peas, sweet peppers, etc.) indicates the presence of chlorophyll and such useful trace elements as potassium, magnesium, calcium, etc.;
- red color( tomatoes, red apples and berries, etc.) means a high concentration of ascorbic acid;
- orange color( for example, citrus fruits, pumpkin, carrots) indicates a large amount of beta-carotene, vitamin C and group B in the product composition;
- yellow color( bananas, apples), fruits and vegetables are acquired through beta-carotene.They are rich in potassium, B vitamins and other useful trace elements.
The color diet has proved its effectiveness in practice, so it is very often recommended by dieticians for varicose veins, as an excellent way to saturate the body with nutritious and useful substances of plant origin.
Konev Alexander, Therapeutist