Diet for children with constipation: allowed foods and sample menu
Problems with bowel evacuation in childhood occur quite often and for a variety of reasons.The best option would be to seek qualified medical help, but often there is simply no such possibility.In order not to let the situation run its course and not aggravate the patient's condition, it is worth knowing the basic rules of diet and treating constipation at home.Table of contents: Diarrhea in children's constipation Broth from constipation Microclysters for children
Diarrhea in children's constipation
Independently, without first consulting a pediatrician, parents can make a diet menu for their child in the presence of problems withChair. It is recommended to do the following:
- Increase the number of used foods rich in fiber .It's about fresh vegetables and fruits, juices.You can pour a few boiling water overnight for a few prunes, next day rub them in puree and add a glass of any sour-milk product.This option is suitable for young children who are reluctant to eat dried fruits in a "clean" form.
- Control the use of clean water .If a child with chronic constipation will drink at least 50 ml of boiled water every morning, the work of his intestines will recover and stabilize after 7-10 days.It is desirable to add a small amount of honey to the water, but only if the child does not have allergies to beekeeping products.After drinking water, you should do a classic exercise, paying more attention to abdominal exercises.
- In the menu it is necessary to enter oat and buckwheat porridge - they are better for offering to the child for breakfast.Dinner should start with a salad of fresh vegetables - it can be, for example, cabbage-carrots or cucumbers with tomatoes.Any salads are seasoned with vegetable oil or sour cream, but not with mayonnaise.A good laxative effect is a fresh beet, which must be grated on a fine grater and filled with something and from the proposed options.It is allowed to use boiled beets.
- Every day before going to bed( for 30-40 minutes) the child should drink natural yogurt or low-fat kefir( 100-200 ml) .
The list of laxative products for children, that is, those products that enhance intestinal motility and facilitate its emptying naturally, is presented in the first column of the table:
Important! Foods that slow motor skills( the second column of the table) are not recommended for use in children during constipation!
The diet should be observed for a long time.To speed up the positive effect, it is necessary to resort not only to correction of the diet, but also to folk remedies.
Decoction from constipation
If parents notice a lack of feces on a diaper in a baby breastfed, then experiment with folk remedies is not worth it.The only thing that mom can do is lubricate the nipple with vegetable oil and then feed the baby .But if the infant is on artificial feeding, then it is worth switching to cereals or mixtures based on oatmeal( for children not suffering from intolerance to gluten).However, this recommendation applies only to children aged 7 to 8 months and older.
At the age of a child of 1 year and slightly older, an excellent remedy for constipation is juice from prunes.It should be diluted with water in equal proportions, single intake is 150 ml.If the intestine is emptied after 30-40 minutes, then the procedure should not be repeated on the same day.
Important! Do not ignore constipation or try to fix the situation yourself.You need to seek help from a pediatrician - at this age, adjust the work of the intestine as quickly and safely as possible.
But as for the problems in the intestine in a child over one year of age, the following tools can be used:
- Decoction of flax seed.It is made from 100 ml of boiling water and 1 teaspoon of raw material.Cook the broth in a water bath for 20-30 minutes."At the output" will get mucous fluid, jelly, which gives the child in the amount of half a teaspoon 1-2 times a day.It can be added to milk, compote from dried fruits.
- Decoction of chamomile flowers.Cooking is standard - 1 teaspoon per 150 ml of water, cook on a water bath for 15 minutes.Then the broth is filtered and cooled.The child should take 1 tablespoon of broth 2-3 times a day.
- Decoction of buckthorn and nettle.These medicinal plants must be mixed in equal proportions and boiled at a slow boil for 10-15 minutes.It is recommended to take 200 ml of water for 1 tablespoon of herb collection.A ready-made broth( strained and cooled) is taken 1 tablespoon twice a day.Improve the taste of the medicine can be honey, it is allowed to add the broth in tea or compote.
The above decoctions of medicinal plants in childhood can be consumed for 5-7 days. If combined with a diet of positive dynamics is not observed, then you should seek qualified medical help.
Important! Some medicinal plants can increase blood sugar, lower blood pressure and cause a powerful allergic reaction.Children who have diagnosed problems in the work of the vascular or endocrine systems, or have a history of allergy of any etiology, can not give broths from constipation without first consulting a pediatrician.
Microclysters for children
Please note! If after the appointment of a diet and the use of broths the child could not go to the toilet alone, it should not hesitate to take measures to cleanse the intestines.Recommended to read:
If you need to take emergency measures to cleanse the intestines, the best choice will be microclysters from the decoction of chamomile drug . The amount of the product being recruited into the "pear" is a maximum of 15 ml. The tip should be lubricated with medical petroleum jelly or any vegetable oil and only then put it into the rectum.You need to be extremely careful and do not damage the intestinal mucosa.With the active resistance of the child, it is best to stop the procedure.
If the child is already 5 years old, then a saline solution can be used for microclysters.It is prepared from half a tablespoon of common table salt and 200 ml of warm boiled water.In the intestine, the finished solution is injected in an amount of 100 ml, pre-lubricating the pear tip with petroleum jelly or any vegetable oil.
Constipation in childhood presents a certain danger.The fact that the accumulation of stool in the intestines provokes poisoning, intoxication of the body .This is manifested by general weakness, intestinal colic, increased drowsiness, lack of appetite.Therefore, it is important not to admit such a condition and immediately respond to a stool delay.If constipation becomes a chronic phenomenon, then it is necessary to consult a pediatrician who will identify the true cause of the problem.It is often necessary to undergo treatment with drugs to restore and stabilize the work of the intestine - for example, such a solution to the problem is characteristic of dysbiosis.
Tokareva Larisa, pediatrician