Millet( millet) - good and bad
Millet is one of the first cereals that a man has begun to cultivate and domesticate.It is from such grains in the process of processing that the millet and flour are more known for modern man.It is not only very nutritious, but also curative.These properties were known in ancient Mongolia and China.
Today, such grain is given little attention - most often as a garnish use buckwheat or rice.How much is this correct, is the good of millet great and is there any harm from it for human health?You will learn all this from this article.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 298 kcal
- Proteins: 11.2 g
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrate: 54.6 g
- Dietary fiber: 13.9 g
- Water: 13.5 g
Important: the nutritional value of the dish may vary, depending on the method of processing the cereals.
Millet - a valuable herb its useful properties due to the chemical composition of which comprises such necessary components in the diet:
- vitamin A, B, E, PP, beta-carotene;
- microelements - iron, iodine, chromium, fluorine, silicon, cobalt, boron;
- macronutrients - calcium, sodium, chlorine, potassium, phosphorus, sulfur, magnesium.
amounts of all nutrients is sufficient in order to ensure full exercise of human - both healthy and in the process of recovery.
So, what is useful millet?
With the advent of more interesting and diverse products on the market, the useful properties of millet are forgotten by many.But if you compare the benefits of millet and the properties of most other products on store shelves, the benefits will be obvious.
Interesting! The sieved same protein as in the semolina, and the amount of rice starch identical but of potassium and magnesium at least 5 times greater, and copper, and manganese nicotinic acid - more than buckwheat.
- Millet significantly accelerates the process of hematopoiesis, so it is recommended for patients with anemia.This
- cereals able to excrete antibiotic residues, therefore it is desirable to include a grain diet during the course of antibiotic therapy.
- The enveloping property provides protection of gastric mucous tissues, accelerated wound healing.
- Due to the large amount of magnesium in the chemical composition of the grains, the useful properties of millet are also manifested in the stabilization of pressure.
- Magnesium in the composition of millet dilates blood vessels, thereby the dishes from it promote lowering of arterial pressure.
The listed use of millet is far from complete.It has long been noted that the health status of patients with a disorder of the liver, heart, and kidneys is improved if the daily diet includes millet.
In folk medicine used to treat millet and diabetes, hemorrhoids, toothache and sinusitis, pancreatitis and hypertension different stages, conjunctivitis, cystitis and even herpes.And in cosmetology - to prevent the aging of the skin, restore the fat balance, healing wounds, accelerate hair growth.
Despite the fact that the benefits of this grain are undeniable, the harm can also be present if:
- use it to people prone to constipation - due to the large amount of starch in the composition;
- there is an increased acidity of the stomach;
- has a predisposition to heartburn;
- revealed an individual intolerance.
Important! In pregnancy and in young children under 3 years of age, it is not recommended to use millet too often, as it is "heavy" for the intestines.In young children, the process of digestion is not yet sufficiently formed, and the body of women in the situation is already subjected to considerable stresses.
Useful advices for
To evaluate the valuable qualities of millet, you can try out several popular national recipes at home and make sure that the benefits of this grain are based on personal experience.We offer you some interesting ways how to apply millet.
Porridge from 1 tbsp.Grain and 1 liter of water with the addition of 1 tbsp.Crushed pumpkin and 1 tbsp.L.Vegetable oil.Brewed in enamelware, will help improve the condition with pancreatitis or pancreatic problems.
To speed up recovery with conjunctivitis, pour a tablespoon of millet with a glass of water and cook for about 20 minutes.After 2 hours strain, and the broth should be used for washing eyes twice a day.
To make a nourishing face and neck mask, mix a teaspoon of sprouted millet sprouts and avocado pulp.Such a cosmetic is kept on the skin for about 20 minutes, after which it is washed off with warm water.