Coffee: harm and benefit
Coffee is a drink that has been known to mankind for more than 2 centuries.However, in the old days such a concept as "to drink a cup of coffee" did not exist at all - the fruits of the coffee tree were fried in animal fat and used in such a strange form.But even in those days the healers precisely established - coffee stimulates appetite, serves as a diuretic and is able to activate forces even under severe fatigue.And what do modern scientists say about the harm and benefit of coffee?
Nutritional value and composition of the drink of coffee beans
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 118.7 kcal Protein
- 15 c
- Fats 3.6 Carbohydrates
- c 7 c
Show the full list »
- Water: 7 gr
- Ash: 1 oz
- Calcium: 100 mg
- Sodium: 3 mg
- Phosphorus 250 mg
- Vitamin PP: 24 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin): 1 mg Vitamin P
- P( niacin equivalent): 26.49 mg
- Iron: 6.1 mg
Coffee is not a dietary product and can "run" principle incinerator fat( although such a theory andNominated by some fans of extravagant weight loss).
Tannin is present in raw coffee beans - its content is about 7, 7%, but during frying the amount of tannin is noticeably reduced( to 0, 56%), which does not affect the quality of the final result.
Also in the coffee beans are :
- chlorogenic acids;
- esters of quinic acid;
But the most important component of the product in question, for which it is so fond is caffeine.The amount of caffeine in coffee can not be precisely indicated - it will be different in different grades.For example, more caffeine is contained in Robusta, but everyone knows arabica contains caffeine less.
Coffee: the benefits of grains
When talking about the benefits of coffee, they first begin to consider the positive effect on the body of caffeine, the main component of the product. Scientists confirm following data:
- caffeine can significantly improve memory, improve concentration, but only in the short-term operation.Moreover, caffeine acts very quickly - getting into the gastrointestinal tract, it is almost immediately absorbed and after 5 minutes reaches the brain cells.
- This component of coffee can also facilitate breathing - under its influence, the smallest bronchioles of the lungs are opened.There is a version that smokers unconsciously use this quality of caffeine, they facilitate their breathing - for good reason they like to smoke a cigarette under a cup of fragrant coffee.
- Caffeine improves reaction speed, however, also only in short-term mode.
But in addition to caffeine in this product are more than 30 components - their properties determine the benefit of the drink:
- Coffee is the prevention of type 2 diabetes.Studies conducted by American scientists for 11 years, the results: people who drank daily 6 cups of coffee( small), 22% less often acquired type 2 diabetes.
- This product prevents the development of sclerosis.This conclusion was made recently, scientists in the course of research found that coffee changes the energy potential of brain cells, while blocking adenosine - a substance responsible for memory loss.
- Coffee helps reduce the risk of gallstones.
- Recently, American scientists have made an amazing conclusion - if you eat 4 cups of coffee every day, you can reduce the risk of developing bowel cancer by 24%.
- The drink stabilizes and normalizes the digestive system - for example, it is proven that coffee can rid diarrhea.
There are also those who believe in very strange useful properties of coffee :
- facilitates the condition of asthmatics, reduces the number of attacks per day, helps fight cough with inflammatory / infectious inflammatory diseases;
- prevents the removal of potassium from the body;
- reduces the occurrence of allergic reactions;
- protects against the effects of radiation.
Note: , these coffee abilities are not scientifically proven, and therefore remain only assumptions.
Coffee: harm of drink
Despite numerous positive qualities, coffee can cause harm to the body.Doctors and scientists conducted many experiments, investigated the effect of coffee on an absolutely healthy organism and on people with already diagnosed diseases. The following conclusions were made by :
- should limit coffee consumption to people with diagnosed cardiovascular diseases;
- to those who have a history of hypertension, coffee is almost contraindicated;
- coffee cleanses calcium from the body - on the basis of this knowledge, many people suggest that drinking coffee in large quantities can trigger the development of osteoporosis;
- the drink in question can cause physical dependence - in the event of complete refusal of its use, a person will experience headaches, weakness, fatigue and drowsiness.But this in no way equates coffee to drugs!
There are many disputes about the use of coffee by pregnant women - it used to be believed that this drink can even provoke a miscarriage.But recent studies have shown that coffee does not have any effect on the development of the fetus, it is just necessary to take into account the condition of the woman - with increased blood pressure, diagnosed kidney diseases, problems in the work of the gastrointestinal tract, it is better to refuse coffee.
Harm and benefit of coffee - the questions are controversial, it is necessary to decide whether to use this delicious drink alone or in tandem with doctors.