Rice: benefit and harm
Rice is one of the most ancient and valuable cereals.Its useful properties were recognized by the people of ancient Eastern civilizations.And until now, rice remains the basis of all dishes of daily diet in countries such as China, Thailand, India.According to the area of sowing, this cereal crop ranks second in the world, and in terms of sales volume it is the first.What exactly is the benefit of rice, and what harm can be done from it, you will learn from this article.
Interesting fact: In Europe rice was introduced Aleksandrom Makedonskim, but directly to the territory of Russia - much later, Peter the Great. To date, more than 7,000 kinds of rice are known.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories kcal 303 Protein
- 6 g Carbohydrates 62.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Water 14 g
grains of cereal crops include:
- proteins, carbohydrates, fat, dietary fiber, fiber, and vegetable protein gluten, which often provoke allergies, in the composition is absent;
- vitamin complex of almost the entire group B, as well as elements of ascorbic acid, PP, H;
- macronutrients - such as calcium, sodium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus;
- microelements - manganese, zinc, selenium, iron, copper, silicon;
- amino acids, choline.
Equally valuable is the presence of starch and, thereby, in combination with vitamin B is very beneficial effect on the skin, if you regularly eat and make a mask of rice for the face, hands.
Despite the fact that the beneficial properties of rice are undeniable, its caloricity can vary, but it remains low enough.This value varies depending on the type of culture and the way the cereals are prepared.
Benefits Those who are not very familiar with the beneficial effects of certain substances need to know specifically what is useful figure.The presence in the composition of the richest complex of vitamins of group B and potassium provides strengthening of the nervous system, improving the work of the brain, as well as cardiac muscles.
Regular consumption of rice helps to eliminate excess fluid and sodium from the body, which stabilizes metabolism, helps with losing weight and improper functioning of the kidneys.That is why the useful properties of rice are indispensable in the compilation of dietary menus, including those with hypertension.
Rees has enveloping effect, so it's perfect as a component of treatment for gastritis, hyperacidity, ulcers and other disease tissues and mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract.
Important! It is recommended to introduce rice in baby food starting from six months.
Natural starch, in turn, has a strengthening effect and improves the intestinal microflora.At the same time, rice gives an antioxidant result, neutralizes and removes toxins, so for all stomach disorders, as well as for infectious diseases, rice is useful and included in the diet.
Useful for rice and for those who suffer from diabetes.Starch in the croup is digested very slowly, which contributes to the constant intake of glucose into the blood.And this allows you to gently adjust the sugar level.
Traditional medicine and cosmetology also widely use this cereal for different purposes. For example, rice-based products are manufactured:
- ointments for skin diseases;
- hair care products;
- lotions for the fading skin of the face.
Harm to rice
No special contraindications to rice.The only thing that must be considered in order not to get harm from rice - enveloping the walls of blood vessels of the stomach and stomach.Therefore, if you overuse it, you may have constipation, kidney stones, and the risk of developing atherosclerosis.But these properties are characteristic mainly for white rice.
Interesting fact: in eastern countries it is believed that the more rice in the family, the more it has enough.This is the basis for the tradition of showering them with newlyweds.This is a kind of symbol of wealth.
Application of rice in cosmetology
As mentioned above, the beneficial properties of rice are especially valued in cosmetology.Based on this cereal produce professional body care products, but you can also prepare simple masks and decoctions at home.We offer you several easy and effective recipes.
- Two spoons of cereals cook until soft, then rub it to a homogeneous gruel, add to this mixture 1 tablespoon of milk and honey.This mask is applied to the face and decollete skin for 30 minutes, after which it is washed off with water, in which rice was initially cooked.
- You can prepare a skin toning the broth differently.First, fry rice, then cook it for up to 2 hours in water.Proportions are taken with the calculation of 1 part of the grain into 4 parts of water.Water merges and it is used for skin care.
- Prepared by the previous recipe, the decoction can be used differently - to freeze the liquid from the cooked rice in the ice molds and to wipe the skin with cubes.This method of application not only provides a toning of the skin, but also gives an easy massage healing effect.
- If your skin is prone to frequent acne and acne, mix the crushed rice with sage tincture.The volume of ingredients is the same, 2 tablespoons.In addition, you can add a tablespoon of honey for the light peeling effect.
- For fading skin with obvious wrinkles it is better to apply a smoothing mask from such components: rice crushed - 2 tbsp.L., Thick fatty cream - 1 tbsp.L., Honey - 1 tsp, olive and almond oil - a teaspoonful.