How to remove a toothache at home without pills?
Toothache is a sign of the inflammatory process in the oral cavity.It can be different in nature - acute, aching, pulsating, blunt and sharp, but always, under any circumstances, it is a signal to visit the dentist.Of course, there are many ways to remove a toothache at home, but remember - thus get rid of the symptom, but the cause of the pain remains.Table of contents: Recommended reading:
Types of toothache
Teeth can be ill for various reasons - from banal hypersensitivity to pulpitis.And for each pathological condition, dentists identify the type of pain syndrome.
Increased tooth sensitivity
Any external stimulus provokes at least an unpleasant sensation in the oral cavity( "teeth reduces") to acute, sudden pain - most likely, there is an increased sensitivity of the teeth. The causes of this pathological condition can be:
- damage to the top layer of the tooth enamel - cracks, chips;
- physiological thinning of tooth enamel, which leads to improper hygiene procedures( not complete cleaning of teeth from plaque and food debris) and the presence of calculus;
- is an inflammatory and infectious disease of the gums.
The tooth disease that begins with enamel and ends with root destruction can bring a lot of unpleasant sensations to a person:
- at the initial stage of tooth decay, the patient complains of pain after taking too hot or extremely cold food;
- the middle stage of caries "gives" a pain syndrome after a meal, when the remnants of products enter the carious nests( holes formed when the tooth tissue is destroyed);
- is a severe stage - the pain in the tooth acquires a permanent character, often disturbs at night, becomes less localized, "spreading" throughout the oral cavity.
Note: at the last stage of its development caries can be accompanied by pulpitis or periodontitis - hence the onset of sudden, intense pain.
In the middle of the tooth there is a layer of pulp - a tissue that contains a tangle of vessels and fine nerve fibers.It is the presence of nerve fibers in it that causes characteristic severe pain, which rarely disappears without the taking of pain medications.Pain syndrome with this pathological condition is most pronounced, often disturbing at night, which leads to chronic insomnia, eating is accompanied by unpleasant sensations, and getting even the smallest fragment of products into the pulpit cavity leads to acute pain.
This condition is always accompanied by a strong toothache, which provokes a purulent inflammation of the tip of the root of the tooth.With periodontitis, the ligaments that form the dentition loosen and, therefore, the wobbling of the teeth, puffiness and redness of the gums that surround the diseased tooth always join the pain syndrome.
Note: pain in the area of the teeth does not always appear solely when they are affected by an inflammatory or infectious process.For example, doctors can fix a toothache on a background of an acute genyantritis - in this case to a painful syndrome the raised body temperature, a fever will be added.
More details about the possible causes of toothache are told by the dentist:
How to quickly remove a toothache at home
Of course, the easiest way for a painful syndrome in the oral cavity is to drink an anesthetic pill and ensure a rest for 4-6 hours.But what to do if either the medication was not in the home medicine chest, or are you on vacation with your grandmother in the village, or are you prohibited from taking medicines of a certain group for some reason?In this case, knowledge will be useful, how to remove toothache by non-medicament means.
You can rinse the oral cavity even with plain water( boiled and warm) - this will help with caries to get rid of food fragments that have fallen into the cavities formed as a result of the destruction. But in order for the effect of anesthesia to be better, it is worthwhile to prepare the following rinse solutions:
- Sage broth.Take 1 tablespoon of dry sage and brew in 200 ml of water - this is done in a water bath for 15 minutes.Then the broth is filtered and infused for 20 minutes - during this time it will just cool down to a temperature of pleasant heat.Apply as often as possible during the day, you can rinse the sage broth with a mouth cavity every 20-30 minutes.
- Decoction of mint and oregano.Take in equal proportions the dry leaves of mint and oregano and pour boiling water in the proportion of 1: 3, where the last digit indicates the amount of water.Brew the broth on the principle of regular tea, strain and use for rinsing.Note: this broth should be held for a while on the side of the aching tooth( 10-30 seconds), and then spit it out.
- Decoction of the bark of oak.This broth perfectly helps with swelling of the gums and increased sensitivity of the teeth.You should brew a tablespoon of dry source in 300 ml of boiling water, insist at least 15 minutes, strain and apply every 30 minutes.Sometimes 3-4 rinses are enough to get rid of the pain syndrome in the dentist at least a day.
- Infusion of onion peel.It is necessary to take the husks from 5 large bulbs and pour a glass of boiling water.The drug is infused until it becomes warm.Rinse your mouth with infusion of onion husks can be at any pain - 3-4 times with an interval of 20 minutes is enough to improve your well-being.Please note: the taste of this medicine is very unpleasant, so to facilitate the procedure, you can add a teaspoon of honey to the received infusion.
- Decoction of aspen.Take a tablespoon of aspen shavings and pour a glass of boiling water, leave for at least 10 minutes.Rinse the decoction of the oral cavity 4-5 times a day - during the day, even acute toothache is removed.
If the pain develops as a result of the development of caries, then at the initial stage of this inflammatory process you can quickly remove the uncomfortable sensations with a solution of baking soda - in a glass of water, dissolve 1 teaspoon of soda and rinse your mouth every 15 minutes at least 5 times in a row.But keep in mind: this solution does not help with severe pain.
Compresses / lotions
If the pain in the oral cavity is localized, then the following measures can be taken:
- Brew a sage for broth - they will rinse the oral cavity.And the resulting "cake" slightly wring out and form a plate of it.It must be applied to the aching tooth so that the steamed medicinal plant covers part of the gum.This "compress" should be kept in your mouth for at least 20 minutes.
- Prepare a mixture of crushed aloe leaf and half a teaspoon of honey.Apply it to the aching tooth so that both it and the surrounding tissues are covered on all sides - both external and internal.15 minutes after the application of the lotion, the pain will begin to subside, and when completely gone, you can remove the remedy from your mouth.
- Take a small piece of propolis( approximately from the fingernail of the little finger).Cut it in your hands and make a kind of plate - it needs to cover the tooth and the surrounding tissue.Note: the remedy is potent, the pain is literally in 10 minutes, but the products of beekeeping can cause a powerful allergic reaction, so before applying this recipe, you need to exclude hypersensitivity / individual propolis intolerance.
- Rub garlic on a small grater, fold the resulting gruel into gauze and form a "cushion" - it must be applied to a sick tooth.If you intend to anesthetize and gum( for example, with swelling and soreness), then first oil it with vegetable oil, otherwise garlic juice will give a severe burn.
Other traditional medicine for toothache
If you often have toothaches, you can pre-prepare alcohol tinctures, which during seizures can quickly and permanently remove the pain syndrome:
- Propolis in the amount of 15 grams fill with 100 ml of alcohol( vodka), at the same time pour in the same proportions the dried root of the calamus( it is sold in pharmacy chains) and insist both means for 10 days in a dark, cool place.Then the obtained tinctures are filtered and mixed in one dish - the medicine for the toothache is ready.With acute pain, you need to take a small piece of cotton wool, moisten it in a tincture and attach it to a sick tooth.If there is a carious cavity, then cotton wool soaked in tincture, you need to fill all the hollow.Please note: since tincture on alcohol( vodka), it should be discarded on the day of application from driving the vehicle, or prepare to undergo the examination procedure - the smell of alcohol will be stable.
- Valerian root( 30 grams) pour alcohol( 100 ml) and insist for two weeks.This alcohol tincture removes the throbbing, constant pain, if you moisten the cotton in it and attach it to a sick tooth or gum.
- Buy fir oil in the pharmacy, moisten the fleece in it and attach it to the tooth and surrounding tissues for 20 minutes.In day it is possible to carry out 3-4 procedures of such "compress".Even with pulpitis, when the pain is almost unbearable, this remedy will ease the condition, and the next day after the application the pain syndrome will not resume.
Please note: alcoholic tinctures prepared above are stored for a maximum of 3 months in a cool place.
There is another non-standard recipe that will help get rid of the pain syndrome in the tooth under the crown. It is necessary to mix a teaspoon of salt in a spoonful of stainless steel, at the tip of a knife of black ground pepper and exactly three drops of usual 9% vinegar.The resulting composition should be held over the fire until boiling and another 60 seconds after the start of the seething.As the mixture cools, the mixture will "turn" into a viscous substance, from which it is necessary to glaze the plate and apply it to the gum of the diseased tooth.
It is quite possible to remove toothache by non-medicament means - this is not denied even by dentists.But remember that none of the above recipes will not solve the problem definitively - the inflammatory or infectious process in the oral cavity will develop.Therefore, to know how to remove toothache by non-medicament means, of course, you need - this will help in emergency / unforeseen situations.But to postpone visiting a dental clinic, relying solely on traditional medicine, is not worth it.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.