Diet in the treatment of Giardiasis
Jun 16, 2018
Qualitative treatment of Giardiasis is impossible without adherence to a specialized diet.Since lamblias that cause disease are living organisms, the diet acts on them depressingly.Consequently, its compliance is no less important than the prescription of medications.
General information on Giardiasis
Giardiasis is caused by microscopic protozoa of flagellum class - Lamblia Intestinalis Jiardia. Microorganisms, getting into the human body by the oral route, reproduce rather quickly in the small intestine.Molecules of carbohydrates, fats, proteins, vitamins and minerals, splitting into the smallest fractions in villi of the small intestine, are food for lamblia.For this reason, the body experiences the strongest deficiency of these substances, which are extremely necessary for its normal development.The deficit manifests itself in the form of symptoms of a lack of vitamins and trace elements, a decrease in the total body weight.
During active reproduction, the amount of lamblia grows strongly and the mucosa of the small intestine is traumatized, the production of enzymes responsible for digestion is disrupted.
Cysts of lamblia can be found in water, soil, fruits and vegetables.If the sanitary norms and personal hygiene rules are not observed, from unwashed hands, the pathogen enters the human gastrointestinal tract through the mouth.Cockroaches and flies contribute to the contamination of food. Giardiasis flowing freely, without the necessary treatment can last many years.
The treatment process for this disease consists of three stages, one after another, after the achievement of the result of each specific stage:
- . At the first stage, the body's intoxication is controlled, general immunity strengthens, general restorative therapy is performed,Internal conditions of the least favorable for the comfortable reproduction of parasites.
- In the second stage, all efforts are directed to the destruction of parasitic microorganisms with the help of medications.
- The third stage is entirely aimed at strengthening positive results.Immunostimulating therapy continues, and the maintenance of unfavorable environment for lamblia continues.
At all stages of treatment, the diet plays a huge role.After all, without it, it is absolutely impossible to create conditions that are not comfortable for the reproduction and life of parasites. Diet in combination with other methods of prevention can prevent repeated manifestations of the disease.
General principles of the diet for giardiasis
The diet for giardiasis is usually prescribed for the entire period of treatment and recovery, the duration of which usually does not exceed four months. There are certain recommendations from physicians to patients who are in the period of treatment of the disease in question:
- As a side dish, various porridges cooked on water( buckwheat, barley, rice, corn, oats) are recommended.You can eat boiled potatoes.
- Recommended fish or lean meat, which are prepared for steaming, stewed, boiled or baked.
- To prepare the first dishes recommended light broths of vegetables, chicken, turkeys.
- The use of vegetable oils is allowed from fats.
- In order to combat dysbacteriosis, low-fat dairy products are recommended.
- Extremely useful are fresh vegetables and fruits of sour varieties( currants, sour apples, cherries, blueberries, cranberries, cranberries, blackberries, kiwi, viburnum, strawberries, citrus fruits), compotes without sugar, fruit drinks.
You should eat often, in small portions.If there is a desire to sweeten the food, it is recommended to use sugar substitutes that do not contain carbohydrates .Very useful natural birch sap and cholagogue grass.
But there is a list of products that contribute to the reproduction and development of lamblia and their use is highly undesirable.Such products include bakery products and pastries, flour products in any form. Unnatural semolina and sweets.Under the ban are sweet fruits( watermelons, melons, grapes, peaches, bananas), milk and milk soups with porridges, semi-finished products containing starch( pates, sausages, sausages and others).In general, products containing a large amount of carbohydrates are undesirable.
Given the fact that the intestine is in an irritated and inflamed condition in a sick person, products that increase irritation and cause excessive gas formation should be excluded.These include any smoked products, canned food, various fastfoods, radish, onions, garlic, horseradish, pepper, spices and spices, soda, beans.
These recommendations must be observed throughout the treatment period, and then the lambliasis should disappear without serious consequences for the person.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category