What you can eat with diarrhea
Medicine gives definition of diarrhea( diarrhea) only if the person's chair is more frequent - more than 3 times a day.The causes of such digestive disorders can be different - from any psychological deviations( in this case, diarrhea is called "bear disease") to serious pathologies of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
In general, the chair can become liquid for the following reasons:
- , uneven absorption of electrolytes and water occurs;
- significantly increased the amount of mucus in the intestine;
- contents of the intestine are pushed into the rectum at too high a rate;
- secretion of water and sodium into the intestinal lumen is enhanced.
Whatever factors provoke diarrhea, doctors insist that only properly selected food and a prescribed diet can alleviate the condition of the patient.Table of contents: Principles of diets for diarrhea What you can eat with diarrhea What must be eaten with diarrhea What can not be eaten with diarrhea When to call a doctor
Principles of diarrhea diarrhea
Even if you clearly know what productsIt is possible and which can not be used for diarrhea, it is not necessary that the results of nutrition correction will be positive.In order to ensure a strict diet has a positive dynamics, you need to know the basic principles of building a diet with diarrhea.
Specialists recommend to remember the following rules:
- Any mechanical and / or chemical irritants of the intestine should be excluded - this refers to too hot / cold food, hard foods, spices, seasonings, alcoholic beverages and other aggressive substances.
- The meal should be taken every 3 hours - this is necessary to reduce the one-stage load on the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.Here you can add one more rule - the amount of food for one meal should be small( from the usual portion - half).
- From the diet to exclude any products that are capable of provoking the development of fermentation processes in the intestine - for example, it is strictly forbidden to consume sauerkraut, all members of the legume family, fresh bread and pastries.
- In no case can not reduce the amount of protein in dietary nutrition, but the level of carbohydrates and fats delivered to the body should be at a possible minimum.Just remember - to feel hungry is extremely undesirable.
- It is necessary to replenish the lost amount of fluid in the body with diarrhea - every meal should be accompanied by drinking 1-2 glasses of water.
- It is necessary to exclude products that may have a choleretic effect.
If all of the above principles combine together, then one conclusion will be drawn: the food with the diet should be semi-solid, wiped, without spices, cooked for a couple or boiled.
What you can eat with diarrhea
Do not think that with diarrhea you need to give up the usual products and literally starve.Nutritionists just declare that the food should be full, despite some limitations. List of products / dishes allowed to be taken in the background of diarrhea:
- Groats.Kashi generally should be constantly present in the diet, and even with diarrhea, they can become a real salvation - nourishing, not having a load on the intestines.Cooking cereals can be any( except only the barley), but only on the water.You can add a small amount of milk - not more than a third of the total water.In the finished porridge you can add a small piece of butter, sugar and salt to taste.
- Meat.Any, but only low-fat - veal, rabbit, lean pork, chicken, turkey and so on.Be sure to remove the meat from the skin, tendons and films.Cooking meat can be either by boiling or steaming.It is allowed to eat lightly baked casseroles and soufflé.
- Fish.You need to choose only fish of lean( lean) varieties, and you can cook it for a couple, or bake / boil.In general, with diarrhea, the best option will be cooking fish from steam cutlets.
- Eggs.This is a very controversial product for diarrhea, but if the body reacts adequately to them, the number of visits to the toilet for bowel evacuation does not increase, then dietitians allow to inject 1 egg boiled soft-boiled in the diet, no more often than once in two days.
- Pasta.They can be consumed, but not more often than once in 2 days.The ideal choice will be a small vermicelli with the addition of a small amount of butter.Casseroles with pasta for diarrhea should not be entered in the menu.
- Milk.To use it as a drink is strictly forbidden, it is allowed only to add it in porridges and vegetable purees in small quantities.
- Lactic acid products.Cottage cheese, sour cream, kefir and others - absolutely everything is allowed.Cottage cheese and yogurt can be introduced into the diet every day, but you just need to give up spicy, spicy cheeses.All sour-milk products should be natural, without flavor additives, flavors and preservatives.
- Bread.For food, you need to choose only white bread, which should be slightly dried.It is allowed to use dryers, dry biscuits, biscuits.
- Fruits and berries.Not only it is possible, but also it is necessary to use the specified products in a fresh kind and after thermal processing.Very useful for diarrhea will be jelly, mousse, jelly.Nutritionists recommend a day to drink ½ cup of fresh raspberries or strawberries, but only if these berries are well tolerated by the body.
- Vegetables.Very carefully, you should enter onions and garlic in the menu, but potatoes, carrots, pumpkins, zucchini can be used almost without restrictions.Vegetables should either be cooked steamed, baked in the oven, or boiled.
What must be eaten with diarrhea
There are several foods and dishes that you just need to use when you are diarrhea.They can be considered as a medicine, taken without restrictions, but only if there are no contraindications due to the available somatic diseases.
What you need to eat with diarrhea:
- Rice porridge.It should be cooked only on water and without the addition of salt, sugar and butter.It is advisable to cook gruel-mash.
- Kissel made of blueberries and compote made of bird cherry.These two drinks are generally considered "first aid" for diarrhea - they have active fixing properties.But keep in mind that if the patient's body is constipated at regular times, then compote and jelly are contraindicated.
- Wheat bread crumbs and loose tea without sugar.Optimal variant of nutrition on the first day of a digestive disorder.
- Whey milk.The drink prevents the development of putrefactive processes in the intestine, is rich in trace elements and normalizes the microflora.
Note: if a complete refusal of food does not cause fear and anxiety, then in the first 24 hours with diarrhea it is better to refrain from eating any products.Just do not forget about the need to replenish the amount of fluid in the body - be sure to drink a lot, up to 15 glasses of water per day.
What can not be eaten with diarrhea
Those products that are allowed to eat with diarrhea can become components of a full-fledged diet.But there is also a whole list of products / dishes that can not be categorically introduced into the diet - they will provoke increased diarrhea.
What to exclude from diarrhea:
- Fat and fried meat.You can not eat fatty and fried meat with an appetizing crust.It is necessary to exclude from the diet all the by-products - liver, kidneys, heart and others.It is absolutely unacceptable in days of a digestive disorder to include in the menu canned food, smoked products and rich / fat broths.
- Fruits and berries.Exclude from the diet those fruits and berries that can be attributed to acidic varieties - for example, sour apples, kiwi, citrus fruits, gooseberries, cranberries and others.The fact that the acid, contained in berries and fruits, acts on the intestinal mucosa aggressively - this is the most undesirable chemical irritation.
- Fish.It is strictly forbidden to eat fatty fish, seafood, and also smoked, salted, pickled fish and preservation from it.
- Vegetables.Under the ban fall beets, turnips, rutabaga, radish, sauerkraut, mushrooms, canned vegetables( they always add vinegar and spices).Also, the use of mustard and horseradish is excluded.
Please note: during diarrhea, can, and even need to, feed baby food from vegetables into the ration - there are no preservatives, flavor enhancers and flavors in such canned food.
- Bread and pastries.Rye bread, rolls, cakes, cakes, pancakes, patties and in general any pastry for the period of digestive disorders are excluded.
- Dairy products.Creams, carbonated drinks based on whey and whole milk are forbidden.
- Beverages.You can not drink kvass, lemonade, coffee and strong tea( black and green).
- Eggs.Omelettes, fried eggs and boiled hard-boiled eggs should be excluded from the diet.
Generally, nutrition during diarrhea should be reasonable.Of course, the first day after the onset of digestive disorders, it is better to give up food altogether, but then do not set yourself up for prolonged starvation.It will be much more effective to use all the allowed products in small quantities - so the intestinal microflora will be restored more quickly, and the patient will become much easier.
Note: if diseases of the gastrointestinal tract were diagnosed earlier, then with diarrhea it is necessary to get a consultation from the attending physician - perhaps the diet will be appointed with some amendments.
When to call a doctor
Do not rely solely on adjusting the diet, if the diarrhea is accompanied by:
- increased body temperature;
- with abdominal pains;
- presence of blood in liquid feces;
- with nausea and vomiting, regardless of food intake;
- with weakness and dizziness;
- bleeding from the vagina( in women) regardless of the menstrual cycle.
All these symptoms may indicate the development of serious pathological conditions that require urgent medical attention.
In no case should you take any medication that has a fixative or analgesic effect, without prescribing a doctor - it can "lubricate" the clinical picture, which will make diagnosis more difficult.
Diarrhea nutrition is an important component of the treatment of digestive disorders.You need to listen carefully to your own organism - someone will react absolutely adequately to the use of bananas, and someone will "rebel" even after a mug of weak and unsweetened tea.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category