Figs: good and bad
Fig is a tropical fruit that is grown only in southern regions.The plant is considered the oldest cultivated plant, is a tree, grows up to 8 m in height and can yield two crops a year.Many people are absolutely indifferent to the figs, considering it superfluous, but this fruit has many useful properties.
chemical composition and nutritional value
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 257 kcal Protein
- 3.1 c
- Fat: 0.8 g
- Carbohydrate: 57.9 g
Display a list »
- Dietary fiber: 18.2 c
- organic acids: 2 c
- Water: 16 c
- unsaturated fatty acids: 0.2 g
- Mono- and disaccharides: 54.9G
- Starch: 3 g
- Ash: 2 g
- Saturated fatty acids: 0.2 g
- Calcium 144 mg Magnesium
- 59 mg Sodium 11 mg Potassium
- 710 mg Phosphorus 68 mg
- Vitamin PP: 0,7
- mg beta carotene: 0.078 mg
- Vitamin A( RE) 13 ug
- Vitamin B1( thiamine): 0.07 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) 0.09 mg
- Vitamin E( TE): 0.3 mg
- Vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 1.2 mg
- Iron: 0.3 mg
figs is enough caloriesBut its general chemical composition is really unique.In the figs there are proteins, carbohydrates and fats - the presented product can be safely used for people with weakened health, during recovery from a long illness or serious surgical intervention.
In general, figs are considered a storehouse of useful substances - glucose, pectin, fructose, citric and malic acids.Fruits of fresh figs contain 24% of sugar, but they, but dried, already have in their composition 27% of sugar.In the product there are tannins, and organic acids.
The use of figs - what is the secret
In addition to very high taste qualities, figs also have healing properties. Benefit figs can be listed for a long time, but there are a few isolated moments :
- This is an excellent remedy for the treatment of prolonged cough in bronchitis and the common cold, but to enhance the antitussive effect is necessary to boil the fruit in the milk and make the beverage hot sipsEvery 2-3 hours in an arbitrary quantity.
- The fig has a huge nutritional value and therefore it can be safely consumed by people who are trying to increase their weight - for example, with dystrophy.
- The exotic tree fruit can lift the mood, improve the psycho-emotional background and relieve depressive and stressful conditions.
- Thanks to the pectin contained in the product described, it serves as an excellent preventive agent for atherosclerosis.
- Exotic fruit contains in its composition a lot of potassium - this substance strengthens the heart muscle and helps to normalize the heart rhythm.
- The iron contained in figs will be a salvation for people with diagnosed iron deficiency anemia - both tasty and useful.
- The described product has antipyretic and diaphoretic effects - for colds, figs not only facilitate coughing, but also normalize overall health.
- The fig has a strong laxative property, so for chronic constipation this fruit should be constantly present on the table.
- The presence of vitamin B and magnesium in the presented product has a positive effect on working capacity and mood - depression and chronic fatigue syndrome are never overtaken.
Interesting fact : it is believed that the regular use of figs in fresh and dried form( at least 1 time in two days) is the prevention of cancer.Scientific research has not confirmed this fact, but folk healers insist on this.In any case, it will be very useful to eat figs - its benefits are obvious.
The fig can and should be consumed by a future mother - during pregnancy it will quench the feeling of hunger( this will avoid too much weight gain), "deliver" to the fetus all the micro / macro elements necessary for its growth and development.But with all his benefits, consultation with a gynecologist is needed - there may be hidden factors-contraindications.
Harm to the figs - to whom it is contraindicated
Fig, this fruit is surprising in its composition, has contraindications for consumption.They need to know necessarily, so that sweetness does not bring then bitterness in the knowledge of deterioration of health. Remember :
- with regular use of figs in any form you need to monitor blood sugar and urine levels;
- is strictly forbidden to enter into the diet of the present fruit to people with diagnosed diabetes mellitus;
- it is impossible to eat exotic fruit in any diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, and if they proceed in chronic form, then the ban is valid only for the period of their exacerbation;
- gout is a strict contraindication to the use of figs - it concerns any of its quantities;
- people with obesity should also give up this sweetness - figs only contributes to weight gain.
Recommendations for the use of figs
It is best to have an exotic fruit in a fresh form, it can be stored in the refrigerator for no more than 3 days.But since the delivery of figs from distant warm countries is quite expensive, on the shelves of shops you can often see dried figs.It can also be safely introduced into the diet - with this treatment the fruit does not lose its useful properties.
The fig is a storehouse of vitamins and minerals that will benefit both adults and children( a dream has come true - the medicine can still be tasty!). Its use can be limited only by the individual characteristics of the body, so it is necessary to exclude contraindications.