All about reusable diapers
But human ingenuity has not allowed the system to be so simple and accessible.So, as a result of a number of improvements, a new product of civilization, called "panties-waterproof" or "reusable diaper", has appeared.This is the same ready-made swaddling system, but only more functional, convenient and reliable.
It's about the underpants that we'll talk about next, since they are by far the most popular reusable diapers, the most comfortable and reliable ready-made diapering systems.Both domestic and imported products are on sale.They differ in design, design, and materials from which they are made.But basically everything is arranged the same way.The diaper always consists of panties securely fixed on the child's body, and liners or additional layers of material that absorb the moisture well.The armholes are always sewn with rubber bands.
Types of modern reusable diapers
- A diaper with a pocket for the liner inside the is a complete two-component swaddling system.The inner layer of the diaper is made of a special material, which, passing a liquid through itself, remains dry.The outer layer is made of waterproof but breathable fabric.The material of the replaceable liner is a well absorbent and easily washable cloth.On the baby's body, the diaper is fixed using buttons, strings or stickers.The insert is easily inserted into the pocket and removed from it.
- All-in-one diaper is a diaper changing system that looks like a first type diaper.But the liner in it does not change, but is sewn inside the diaper, between the outer and inner layers of it.In such a "stationary" insert there can be up to 8 layers of moisture absorbing material.They can be sewn together or not.The diaper with separate layers of the liner dries much quicker after washing than with the combined layers.The outer and inner layers and fastening elements of the "all-in-one" system are similar to those of a diaper with a pocket.
- Two-in-one diaper is a set of two fastening, repetitive diapers.But only one of them is waterproof( panties), and the second is absorbent, made of special multi-layer material.Both diapers fit the child's body well.When swaddling or changing clothes, only wet inner panties are sent to wash, and the outer ones should be washed as needed.
- A diaper in the form of panties for training the child to the pot - with this model, the manufacturers are experimenting in full.Someone is finishing panties on the outside with waterproof material, but someone is not.Someone produces products with an ordinary elastic band on the belt, and someone supplies the panties with buckles-buttons or Velcro.The common thing is that such diapers are easily removed and dressed, and the child can do it himself.Combines all the models and the fact that inside they are "strengthened" with a layer of liquid-absorbent tissue, and a special, remaining dry, interlayer is absent.In raw panties the child becomes uncomfortable, and he begins to pay attention to the pot and quickly gets used to it.
- Diaper panties for use in the pool are designed so that during swimming, if the baby has an "accident", the feces do not contaminate the pool water.Therefore, the outer layer of these panties does not allow moisture, and the inner well absorbs it.Panties are equipped with elastic elastic bands tightly fitting the body and legs of a small swimmer and preventing the diaper from getting into the pool.
Materials from which manufacturers are trying to use natural fabrics for making reusable diapers.But without synthetic materials, it is impossible to manage, as nature, which does not pass through moisture, "did not come up."
A reusable diaper is a combined product that can contain the following materials:
- fabric made of bamboo fiber, better cotton absorbing moisture, pleasant to the body, soft, breathable.But it dries longer than cotton counterparts;
- cotton fabrics, well absorbing liquid, quick-drying and air-permeable, hypoallergenic, durable;
- fabrics made from hemp, soft, durable, resistant to sock.They do not cause allergies, do not create a greenhouse effect, have bactericidal properties, but also dry longer than cotton fabrics;
- fleece is a soft, fluffy, breathable, quick-drying and even slightly water-repellent material, though synthetic.It is put on the inner layer of diapers, it is made of reusable liners;
- Microfiber is a synthetic fabric made from polyester fibers.It absorbs fluids well, lets in air, dries very quickly;
- wool is a natural material that maintains a natural body temperature, permeable to air, repellent to moisture.It has antibacterial properties, does not absorb odors.Of the wool make an outer layer of some models of reusable diapers;
- a textile material with a polyurethane membrane is a guarantee that a reusable diaper does not get wet, and the baby's skin can breathe.This practical modern material is placed on the outer layer of the ready-made swaddling systems.
Dimensions of reusable diapers
Manufacturers issue reusable diapers of universal size and specified sizes.What are good multiplocks of universal size?They fit the child from birth to two, and even up to three years.They are economical, but every kid has a physique, so the diaper does not always sit well and tightly surrounds the child's body.
A diaper of a specific size, that is, matched to a child in accordance with the mass of its body, always perfectly fits the figure.There are several size grids.The first option: size A - body weight 3-9 kg, size B - 9-17 kg.The second option: size A - from 3 to 6 kg, B - from 4 to 9 kg, C - from 7 to 18 kg.
Separately produced diapers for preterm infants and for children older than 2 years.The panties for swimming have their own size range: S, M, L and XL for kiddies with a body weight of 5-7 kg, 7-9 kg, 9-12 kg and 12-15 kg respectively.
Weighty arguments in favor of reusable diapers
- made in most cases from natural fabrics or from a combination of them with modern synthetic materials diaper pads provide the baby comfort and safety, do not cause allergic reactions, do not create conditions for the appearance of diaper rash( skin breathes);
- reusable diapers are easy to operate, easy to put on and remove from the baby;
- save the family budget, since once purchased, they will be served with faith and truth until the child grows out of them.With proper use, they will be enough for the second baby.And the diapers themselves, and reusable inserts to them can be washed manually and in a washing machine using detergents intended for children's things.Panties-soak quickly dry after washing, so it does not make sense to buy extra sets;
- provide a wide swaddling, necessary for children with hip dysplasia, and also used to prevent the development of this pathology;
- contributes to the earlier development in the child of the understanding that wet panties are unpleasant, but this trouble can be avoided by using a pot;
- is easy to dispose of without worsening an already tense environmental situation;
- in contrast to the always white diapers are available in various colors, with and without drawing.It is undoubtedly popular both for adults and for growing up kids.
Some "minuses" of shorts
- reusable diapers from unscrupulous manufacturers who use cheap materials can provoke a child's development of allergies, the appearance of diaper rash.Therefore, it is better to buy products from well-established European companies;
- , due to a violation of the recommendations for washing and drying of the ready-made swaddling systems, their moisture resistance may deteriorate, they may lose their former softness.Inserts with improper operation can become stiff, covered with pellets;
- if you forget at least once in 2-3 hours to change the liner, the diaper can begin to leak, which is understandable;
- you need to buy as many ready-made diaper systems to wash diapers and inserts once a day.And then you will not have to complain about their lack.
Diapers or rugs: what to choose
No district pediatrician, no experienced parents who have raised several children, or a qualified store manager of children's products will give an unambiguous answer to this question.Here everything is purely individual.You can praise and scold endlessly and disposable diapers, and ready reusable swaddling systems.But it's up to you, parents.
If you do not want to start washing again, there is no desire to analyze the ecological situation, and the family budget allows you to do this, buy diapers and use them.If you want to save money, but keep the health of the baby while washing is not a problem for you, make friends with reusable diapers.Nobody forbids to combine: for the night to put on a disposable diaper for a child, and in the afternoon to use shorts-pads.Or at home to use only reusable diapers, and during walks - disposable.There are lots of options, there are even more offers on the market, so consider, choose, buy.
Zaluzhanskaya Elena Aleksandrovna, pediatrician