Yakon - useful and harmful properties
Yakon is one of the plant cultures, with a scent reminiscent of something between the watermelon and the apple.The taste is a sweet tuber, which contains natural sugar substitutes.He is a relative of Jerusalem artichoke and sunflower.
The product is most prevalent in its homeland - in Latin America.It is there that it is cultivated in large volumes.In our country, a yakon can be found mainly in the North Caucasus - here it is grown outdoors.In the northern areas, it is recommended to plant the vegetable in greenhouse conditions.He recognizes any soil, the main thing is that it should be a loose and rich fertilizer.
Interesting! Yakon many researchers call the hope XXI century, based on its value for dietary nutrition.
Composition and caloric content of the product
The biochemical composition of the yakon includes:
- Proteins - within 2-7%;
- in a small amount of fats;
- Vitamin A( retinol) - has an antioxidant effect;
- vitamin C( ascorbic acid) - has an antiviral effect;
- B1( thiamin) - plays an important role in metabolic processes;
- B2( riboflavin) - is necessary for the regulation of reproductive function;
- B3( niacin) - important for the proper functioning of the body
- chlorogenic and caffeic acid;
- amino acids - almost all existing;
- Selenium - supports the immune system;
- potassium - regulates blood pressure;
- phosphorus - is necessary for health and strengthening of bone tissues.
The caloric content of the root is only 61 kcal per 100 grams.
The value of a vegetable is natural and manifests itself in the following beneficial effects on the human body:
- lowering of cholesterol in the blood;
- regulation of the functions of the digestive system;
- antioxidant effect, due to which toxins, slags, harmful elements are released from the body;
- normalization of metabolism, which has a favorable effect on the general state of the physical form, on the functioning of all body systems and on the figure in particular.
- regulation of blood sugar levels.
Interesting! Yakon is included in various cosmetic products, as studies of scientists have proven its beneficial effect on the skin and hair condition.
Contra-indications and possible harm
Even the most harmless at first sight products can give undesirable and unexpected effect at their excessive use.A yakon is no exception. In case of an "overdose" the following ailments may appear:
- An allergic rhinitis;
- stool disorder;
- long-term loss of appetite.
If such symptoms appear, it is recommended to completely exclude the product from the menu and then include it in the diet with special care.
Use the icon in a different form:
- is eaten raw - the tubers are crispy and fairly solid;
- is extinguished or fried - the properties are preserved during processing;
- in salads - it gives a particularly refined taste;
- in juices, preserves, syrups;
- is added to the candied mixture.
In free sale you can buy a syrup from a yakon, which is used as a health product in different directions.First of all, it is an excellent substitute for sugar, many use it when losing weight. However, the use of the yak syrup in this case still requires additional research and evidence.The opinions of scientists on this subject are contradictory.