Raisins: benefit and harm
Raisins are often present on the table for many - it produces delicious pastries, it is added to pilaf and even to salads.Useful properties of raisins are due to its origin - it's dried grapes.In what exactly are its medicinal properties manifested, what value does it bear for a person and what can be the harm of raisins, you will learn from this article.
- Calories: 264.1 kcal
- Protein: 2.9 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
Show the full list »
- Carbohydrates: 66c
- Calcium 80 mg
- Magnesium 42 mg
- Sodium: 117 mg
- Potassium 860 mg
- Phosphorus: 129 mg
- VitaminPP: 0,5 mg
- Vitamin B1( thiamin) 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) 0.08 mg Vit
- min PP( niacin equivalent): 0.9814 mg
- Iron 3 mg
stored in significantly greater concentration than in fresh berries raisins standard content Grape nutrients.The ratio is about 400%!In some ancient civilizations this dried fruit was considered a storehouse of useful substances.
is believed that in the dried form the grapes somewhat poorer in their chemical composition, as part of nutrients lost during the heat treatment during the process of its preform, but those that are - present in a higher concentration.Scientific research has proved that the amount of vitamins is kept in the volume of 80%, and of microelements - 100%.
Full range of useful elements include:
- vitamins of groups B, C, E, K, A and PP;
- a huge amount of microelements - cobalt, calcium, boron, potassium, magnesium, molybdenum, copper, phosphorus, fluorine, zinc, iron;
- a large number of easily digestible carbohydrates;
- amino acids are arginine;
- cellulose and sugar, niacin and glucose.
Useful properties of raisins
value can be determined by its color - black is considered to be more interesting for curative therapy and generally for use.But a softer light often is more like exactly to taste.
Listing all that is useful for raisins, you can note such aspects of its beneficial effects:
- Restoration of the nervous system - this berry in a dried form is calming and allows even to stop attacks of insomnia.
- Anemia and anemia in pregnancy - with the use of raisins, the amount of iron necessary for hematopoies is quickly replenished.
- Diseases of the kidneys and digestive system.
- General strengthening of the body - raisins are even recommended for use by athletes at high physical exertion.
- Increased sexuality - due to arginine, which is often used by sexologists to improve potency in men and women.
- Strengthening of the heart muscles, which not only allows in the treatment of diseases of this organ, but also is an excellent way of prevention.The main condition is the observance of a suitable scheme of application.
Important: not only during pregnancy, but also during the development of lactation, doctors recommend that women use a decoction of raisins.It promotes the formation of milk in the right amount and can even relieve colic attacks in infants.It is advised to introduce raisins to small children who already know how to keep their head and back, and the broth can be given earlier to eliminate problems with digestion.It perfectly replaces modern chemical sweets, allows you to quickly quench your hunger for a walk.
Despite the value of this product, there are several contraindications to its use.For example, raisins are undesirable for obesity, because of the content of simple carbohydrates in it.But at the same time correctly chosen scheme of application of this dried fruit, on the contrary, helps many to lose weight - it contains those substances that contribute to the breakdown of fats.
It is also worth limiting the use of raisins to:
- stomach ulcer or on the tissues of the oral cavity;
- diabetes mellitus.
Important: with caution should apply various recipes in the presence of stones, diarrhea and other pathological processes in the body, since the raisins have a laxative effect and can aggravate the current situation.
- To increase the tone of the body and cope with various neurotic disorders, it is only necessary to consume about 70 grams of raisins daily.
- And with diarrhea, and with constipation in infants, you must weld 1 tbsp.L.Raisins in a glass of water, a little insist and give the child a small portion of a decoction of room temperature.
- To improve the skin condition of the face it is possible as follows: a handful of raisins to cook in 1 tbsp.Water, soft berries to grind, mix with sour cream and honey( take 1 tbsp.).This mixture is applied to the skin 4 times a week for 15 minutes.
Interesting! There is a legend that baking with raisins has become traditional and widely popular after one confectioner buyers were accused of having caught an insect in a bun.The seller quickly ate it, saying that it was raisins.