Than to treat a cough during pregnancy in 1, 2 and 3 trimester
This syndrome is an inconvenience to all people, and a woman who is in pregnancy, especially.
It should be understood that coughing is not a disease - it is the body's reaction to the accumulated secret in the respiratory tract, releasing them.Therefore, to cure the actual cough does not make sense, you need to find the true cause of this syndrome and direct therapy against it.Table of contents: Cough danger for pregnant women Cough in 1st trimester of pregnancy Cough treatment in the second trimester of pregnancy How to treat cough in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy Cough treatment with physiotherapy procedures
Cough danger for pregnant womenRecommended:
Pregnant women is a big problem, because you can not get rid of it with the usual expectorant and antitussive drugs;To harm pre-natal development of the fetus.Some ladies "in position" prefer to get rid of cough with the help of funds from the category "traditional medicine", but in this case you need to know exactly which medicinal plants can be contraindicated.A big mistake is the decision to use antitussive drugs for children under the age of 3 - something that is harmless already born and a little grown up baby, can be dangerous for the fetus in the womb.
No one talks about the need to completely abandon treatment, but it is necessary to consult with a doctor about each specific medication.
Ignore a cough during pregnancy a woman should not - it indicates the development of a disease of viral or bacterial etiology.And such an infection can lead to premature birth, disruption of intrauterine development, miscarriage, intrauterine infection.
In addition, the cough reflex alone can cause difficulties for the woman and the fetus - coughing attacks lead to the tone of the uterus, and this can threaten miscarriage, oxygen starvation of the fetus, development of intrauterine malformations in the fetus.If a woman has placenta previa or her position is too low, then cough can provoke a uterine bleeding.
Cough in the first trimester of pregnancy
The first months of pregnancy are almost always accompanied by a deterioration in the immune system, so a woman should closely monitor her own health.Cough can provoke not only a viral infection, but also smoking, allergies, digestive system disorders, stress and irritation.
Even a slight cough leads to the tension of the abdominal wall - the result is the stress of the uterus.If the cough has a paroxysmal character, then the tone of the uterus is noted, which worsens the supply of oxygen and nutrients to the fetus.Cough during the first trimester of pregnancy is dangerous in terms of increasing the risk of fetal hypoxia, increasing blood pressure in a woman, placental detachment and even miscarriage.Recommended to read:
The most terrible thing is that colds and inflammatory processes in the airways can lead to a disruption in the fetal development of the fetus.Doctors say that a cold at 10 weeks of pregnancy is not as dangerous to the fetus as the same illness in the first weeks of bearing a child.
Important! When a cough occurs, a pregnant woman should seek help from a doctor - only a specialist can competently assess the condition of a woman and choose effective and safe drugs for her future child.
With a dry cough, a pregnant woman who is on a trimester can use the following tools:
- Authorized after consulting a doctor.It means that the woman after the consultation of the doctor and after obtaining his permission can use medicines for coughing, for example - syrup of althea root, Mukaltin, Eucabal( the latter is used with caution because of the presence of ethanol).
- Controversial.It is about medicines that are not fully investigated for effects on the fetal development of the fetus.These include Herbion, Bronchicum, Doctor Mom, etc.- a means of plant origin.
- Dangerous products.They are appointed only if the danger to the health of women is much higher than the possible harm to the fetal development of the fetus.To such preparations it is possible to carry Libexin - a tool of synthetic origin.
When a wet cough develops in the first trimester of pregnancy, a woman should definitely consult a gynecologist and a therapist.
Cough treatment in the second trimester of pregnancy
Naturally, every pregnant woman begins to worry about any symptoms of the disease, and coughing is no exception.But if the woman is in the second trimester of pregnancy( 12-24 weeks), then you can relax a little - cough even against the background of the development of an infectious disease of the viral etiology does not cause as much harm to the fetus as the same cough in the first weeks after conception.
The fact is that the fetus is already protected by the placenta at this gestation period.It acts as a barrier between the fetus and the infection, but the cold can penetrate even through it or harm the placenta directly.As a result, fetoplacental insufficiency may develop, which often ends with premature births - the child is born weakened, with an underdeveloped organism and a small weight.By the way, the nervous system of the fetus can also be affected by the infection - it is actively developing in the second trimester of pregnancy.
It should be understood that a cough in the second trimester of pregnancy should be a signal for anxiety and seeking professional medical care.
Important! It is impossible to engage in independent selection of drugs for treatment, homeopathic remedies are prohibited - only a specialist will be able to adequately assess the woman's health status and choose an effective and simultaneously safe treatment regimen.
How to treat a cough in the 3rd trimester of pregnancy
Consoling a woman can only be the fact that cough is the least dangerous in the last months of pregnancy.But you need to consider that through the placenta in this period, the fetus will not get an infection, but the harmful, toxic components of medications used by the mother may well harm the development of the fetus.
First, cough can provoke premature placental abruption - this automatically leads to early childbirth.Secondly, against the background of infection, the symptom of which is a cough, the milk production in a woman may stop before the birth of the child - the prospect of feeding the baby with artificial mixtures will be of little interest to the person, and it will not bring any benefit to the newborn.Thirdly, the infection is able to penetrate into the amniotic fluid( amniotic fluid), which the fetus often swallows - by the way, it is for this reason that pregnant women in the last months regularly have to take urine and blood for a laboratory test in time to identify an infectious disease.
Note: in the second and third trimester of pregnancy a woman should get rid of a cough only when controlling a doctor - no self-medication should be.Yes, there are drugs that can be taken in free form.But even they are capable of causing an allergic reaction - this condition is exactly a danger to the health of the future baby.
Treatment of cough with physiotherapeutic procedures
If you choose cough treatment methods for a woman during pregnancy, then physiotherapy procedures will be the best option.Allowed in such a piquant position to carry out inhalation and gargling.
Categorically forbidden in pregnancy physiotherapy procedures:
- heating with mustard plasters;
- setting jars;
- hot tub;
- steam baths for the lower limbs.
Please note: inhalation and rinsing are the simplest procedures, therefore it is better to conduct them at home, because every arrival in a clinic is associated with a risk of infection with various infections.
Inhalation during pregnancy
This type of physiotherapy procedure is performed using a nebulizer. Before proceeding to inhalation, you need to observe some rules:
- body temperature should be normal;
- solution for inhalation should be warm, but not hot - 40 degrees will be enough;
- time of procedure - no more than 10 minutes;
- per day can be done from 3 to 6 approaches to the inhaler;
- for half an hour after the procedure you can not talk and eat.
For the inhalation procedure, the following solutions can be used:
- pour a glass of boiling water 20 grams of sage http: //okeydoc.ru/ shalfej-pokazaniya-i-protivopokazaniya-osobennosti-primeneniya / and cool to the desired temperature;
- 10 grams of dry leaves of eucalyptus, 1 liter of boiled water and 10 grams of chopped garlic to mix, cool to the desired temperature;
- pour into a liter of boiling water 50 grams of baking soda, cool to 40 degrees;
- in a glass of warm water to dissolve 10 grams of honey http: //okeydoc.ru/ med-polza-i-vred /, I do not need to cool the solution.
It should be remembered that the gargle of a pregnant woman should be prepared immediately before use.For 1 rinse procedure, you can use only 1 cup of solution, and in the day of similar procedures can be from 6 to 8.
Solutions that can be used for rinsing:
- dissolved in a glass of boiling water half a teaspoon of baking soda;
- boiled in a glass of boiling water a tablespoon of chamomile medicinal;
- tablespoon lime-colored for 200 ml of boiling water;
- a tablespoon of ground psyllium leaves per 250 ml of boiling water.
What is forbidden in the treatment of cough for pregnant women
Of course, there are a number of categorical contraindications regarding the use of certain medicines and plants in the treatment of cough during pregnancy. From medicines:
- Alex Plus;
- Tussin plus;
From medicinal plants:
- St. John's wort - this plant has an effect on the action of analgesics, reducing their effect, which can affect the anesthesia during the operation of a cesarean section.
- Mother-and-stepmother and comfrey - these representatives of the flora are capable of provoking a fetal mutation, have a carcinogenic effect.
- Eleuturococcus, ginseng, echinacea - increase blood pressure, often cause an allergic reaction.
- Ginkgo biloba - often with the use of this plant in women, there is a uterine bleeding.
Please note: specified medicinal plants can not be consumed either in pure form or as part of a multicomponent drug.Recommended to read:
Treatment of cough during pregnancy folk remediesRecommended to read:
The most important thing when using folk remedies for treating cough in pregnant women is consulting with a doctor.Even harmless, at first glance, folk remedies can enter into a group of contraindications and pose a danger to the health of the future baby.If there is an individual intolerance to any component, or after the reception of the product, there is a deterioration in the state of health, then immediately stop treatment and seek medical help.
This product can be used for both outdoor and indoor use.Honey can translate dry cough into productive, it can also be treated and cough with phlegm.
How pregnant women can use honey in the treatment of cough:
- Rinse the product under consideration twice a day - immediately after morning awakening and before bedtime.
- Put on the night a compress with honey on the chest, bypassing the area of the anatomical location of the heart.As an insulating material for such a compress you need to use food film or parchment.
- Every day after eating, you need to dissolve 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Take twice a day on a tablespoon of a mixture of honey and black radish juice( ratio 2: 1, respectively).
- In a usual drink( tea, warm milk, fruit drinks) add a teaspoon of honey( per 1 glass).
Important: honey can cause a strong allergic reaction.
If you drink warmed milk in small sips, it will soften the pharynx, relieve coughing attacks.Just do not drink hot milk - this, on the contrary, leads to an additional irritation of the throat.
In order to ensure an excellent sputum discharge, it is necessary to mix milk with mineral water without gas in equal proportions and to use it in a heated form.
Before a night sleep, you need to drink milk with sage - 300 ml of milk will need only 1 tablespoon of herbs, everything needs to be boiled.
You can use milk with figs three times a day.The preparation is simple: you need to boil 4 figs in 600 ml of milk, cook the remedy until it turns dark.For each intake of 100 ml of ready-made broth.
Onion and garlic
These two plants are capable of destroying viruses and quickly relieving the condition with a cold. Pregnant women can use onion and garlic in only two kinds:
- on a plate spread the chopped garlic and onions, arrange on the premises - this will help to decontaminate the space in which the woman is located;
- prepare juice of onions or garlic( they can not be mixed), mix with a teaspoon of honey and leave for 30 minutes, then juice filter and take half a teaspoon three times a day.
Preventing cough in pregnant women
In order not to worry about the health of a baby's future, not to cough a cough, a woman should know the methods of preventing the condition in question.
- Exclude any contact with sick people.
- Before visiting crowded places, lubricate the nasal mucosa with oksaline ointment.
- After visiting the crowded places of the nose, pharynx and mouth cavity, the woman should be rinsed with saline.
- The air in the room must be regularly ventilated and moistened.
- Every day a woman in an "interesting position" should take walks in the fresh air, and, regardless of the weather conditions.
- If you have the first symptoms of a cold, you should immediately seek professional medical help.
- It is desirable to refuse long-term trips and climate change.
- Avoid overcooling and overheating.
Cough during pregnancy can cause a lot of trouble for both women and the future child.But it is enough just to choose the cough treatment scheme correctly, to apply for medical help in a timely manner and to fulfill all the prescriptions / recommendations of the treating doctor, and the danger of coughing will be reduced to nothing.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category