Diet in flatulence: what can, what can not
Feeling of heaviness, increased gas formation, bloating and distention of the abdomen, pain - these are the most common and unpleasant symptoms of flatulence.Disease can annoy at any age and arise due to various factors.Meanwhile, she successfully retreats in compliance with simple recommendations on nutrition.A special diet with flatulence concerns not only allowed and prohibited foods, but also the frequency of food intake, its temperature indexes.Table of contents:
Nutrition with flatulence and its tasks
Every person has signs of flatulence from time to time.Ignore them not worth it, as they can be one of the manifestations of a more serious illness of the gastrointestinal tract.In addition, in the absence of proper treatment for the patient, everything can end with a protracted allergic reaction.
The following factors can provoke the development of flatulence:
- A huge amount of dairy products in the diet, especially with lactose intolerance.
- Inflammatory processes in the intestine( colitis, enterocolitis).
- Consumption of legumes, vegetables and fruits in large quantities.
- Dysbacteriosis and deficiency of useful microflora in the intestine.
- The use of incompatible products at one time.
- Intestinal parasites, including worms.
- Bad habits: talking during meals, hurries and lack of chewing food, regular chewing gum.Maltodextrin is found in the latter, which promotes increased gas production.
All of the above factors provoke the fermentation of the contents in the intestine and trigger the putrefactive processes in it, which result in a swelling and increased gas formation.The therapeutic diet helps to prevent them.
The main objectives of such a diet:
- organization of a full and balanced diet with all necessary vitamins and microelements;
- normalization of intestinal motility;
- restoration of normal microflora;
- prevention of rotting and fermentation processes in the intestine;
- minimizes the risk of developing inflammatory processes.
Important! In medical practice, all of these tasks are answered by the healing table number 5 in Pevzner.Meanwhile, blindly following his recommendations is not necessary, as the individual characteristics of each organism, as well as the course of the disease, cause the attending physician to adjust the nutrition of each patient.
The daily intake of nutrients is of great importance for the normalization of the human condition.According to him, every day the body should receive:
- up to 120 g of proteins;
- 50 g of fat;
- up to 200 grams of carbohydrates, except for simple sugars.
In addition, it is not necessary to overeat.The optimal energy value of the diet is 1600 kcal.
How to get rid of flatulence with the help of the
In order to feel the maximum effect of the diet, you should also listen to the recommendations of nutrition experts.They advise:
- Take food every time exclusively in a relaxed environment.Snacks and "eating on the run" only aggravate the situation.The food should be thoroughly chewed.Talking at the table is not recommended, since on the one hand it can provoke the ingestion of air, and on the other - increase the load on the gastrointestinal tract.
- Do not drink water with water.Drink beverages in 30 to 60 minutes.
- To develop a kind of regime for yourself and eat at certain times, thanks to which you will adjust to the right mode and digestive tract.He will strengthen his work at a specified time, along the way highlighting gastric juice.In addition, at certain times the body will receive enzymes and bile acids, thereby minimizing the risk of complications in the GI tract, which usually occur with irregular eating habits.
- Divide the amount of food consumed by 5 to 6 receptions.Such a fractional nature of the food will allow useful substances to be broken down in the intestine in a timely manner and absorbed.At the same time, all products of processing will be removed in a timely manner from the body, preventing the development of putrefaction and fermentation.
- Exclude fatty and fried from the diet.Dishes are better for boiling, baking, stewing, steaming.
- Monitor the amount of salt consumed.Ideally, it should not exceed 6 - 8 g per day, otherwise food will irritate the intestinal wall.
- Observe the drinking regime.Only 2 - 2.5 liters of liquid per day allows timely withdrawal of processed products from the body and prevent fermentation.
Please note! The work of the intestines is also influenced by the temperature of food entering the body.Therapeutic diet with flatulence provides for the use of warm foods.Due to excessively hot or cold, the production of gastric juice by the stomach and enzymes by the pancreas intensifies, which leads to irritation of the intestine.
To reduce the manifestations of flatulence can also the correct selection of products for a single meal.It is not recommended to combine salted and sweet, vegetables or fruits and milk, milk and animal proteins.Such compounds load the gastrointestinal tract, increase peristalsis of the intestine, lead to fermentation and increased gas production.
Authorized products for abdominal distension
In meteorism, physicians are advised to include in the diet those products that do not cause increased formation, as well as those that have carminative properties and, therefore, facilitate the patient's condition.
It is better to give food that normalizes the stool by soft and slow passage through the intestine.However, special attention should be given to those products that can affect its microflora, stimulating the growth of beneficial bacteria.
Important! The diet in flatulence should be maximally enriched with vitamins and trace elements, including potassium, iron, calcium, and lipotropic substances, as they have a beneficial effect on bile, blood vessels.
- breadcrumbs of wheat flour and dried bread;
- of low-fat fish - it can be boiled or used as a part of cutlets and other minced meat dishes;
- low-fat meat without skin - from it you can make steam cutlets, croissants, meatballs or soufflé;
- low-fat and non-acidic dairy products, cottage cheese, sour cream, curdled milk, curd soufflé or biochefere, provided that the person does not have lactose intolerance;
- boiled eggs( not hard-boiled), omelets;
- drinks: green tea, wild rose broth, bird cherry or blueberry, cocoa, cooked on water, tea made from fennel, compote;
- vegetables: pumpkins, potatoes, carrots, zucchini;
- soups cooked on not strong meat or fish broths;
- cereals: buckwheat, oatmeal, mango, rice, cooked on water and ground;
- greens: dill and parsley;
- bay leaf, cumin.
What foods cause bloating?
In meteorites, products that enhance gas formation are undesirable.
Conditionally all of them are divided into 3 groups:
- Food containing plant coarse fiber.The latter feeds the microflora of the intestine, as a result of which its growth and, as a result, increase the number of products of vital activity that provoke fermentation processes in the intestine.
- Simple carbohydrates.They are not only quickly digested, poorly saturating the body, but also contribute to the decay of food masses.
- Products that are not tolerated by humans, such as milk with lactose intolerance.If this rule is ignored, a lingering allergic reaction may develop.
In addition, it is worth to abandon the products that need long-term digestion and, accordingly, enhance fermentation.A striking example of this is protein food of animal origin, that is, meat, which because of connective tissue does not pass through the digestive tract for a long time.
Please note! Exacerbate the situation with flatulence and products, which include many organic acids, essential oils, preservatives and food additives.By irritating the intestinal mucosa, they stimulate peristalsis.
Among the prohibited products:
- fresh bread made from wheat or rye flour, pastries;
- is a fatty fatty meat and fish;
- salted, smoked, including caviar;
- cocoa, cooked on milk, coffee;
- soups on strong broths due to the large amount of extractive substances in them;
- pies, pasta, dumplings, dumplings and other dishes prepared with the addition of wheat flour and / or yeast;
- sausages - they contain not only soy, but also stabilizers, taste enhancers, harmful food additives;
- canned food, marinades, pickles;
- milk and dairy products, if there is intolerance;
- fatty - sour cream, fat, butter, cream;
- sauces, spices;
- sweets: honey, jam, chocolate, ice cream;Eggs roasted or hard-boiled,
- fruits: grapes, melons, pears, apples, peaches;
- dried fruits( raisins), prunes in moderate amounts;
- cereals: millet, barley, pearl barley;
- sweet and unsweetened soda, beer, kvass, as the latter contains yeast;
- Jerusalem artichoke;
- cabbage, radish, onion, rutabaga.
See full list »
Important! A doctor's consultation will help you make the right diet with the permitted and forbidden products as much as possible, depending on other symptoms of the disease - diarrhea or constipation, irritable bowel syndrome.
Non-observance of the doctor's recommendations entails constant excessive gas formation, rumbling and stomach pain, digestive problems and lack of regular stools.As a result, over time, the normal intestinal microflora kills, and its place is occupied by bacteria that provoke decay.Worst of all, in the course of their vital activity, they release toxins that enter the bloodstream and adversely affect the liver and other organs.After this, hypovitaminosis develops and other diseases are aggravated or develop in a person.
Sample menu for abdominal distension
Day / Eating
Rice porridge, stewed
sandwich with cheese, green tea
soup with spinach, cooked in chicken broth, mashed potatoes, steamed fish, tea
Buckwheat, carrot lettuce
Oatmeal, green tea
Low-fat cottage cheese and sour cream
Vegetable soup, yesterday's bread, chicken and vegetables,compote
Favorite fruit except prohibited
Stuffed cabbage, rice
Steamed rice, egg
Pancakes with dried apricots and yogurt, green tea
Buckwheat soup with chicken broth, steam beef and vegetable stew
Muesli with yogurt
baked potatoes and vegetables, fruit compote
Oatmeal with dried fruits, jelly
Sandwich with cucumber and boiled beef, green tea
Vegetable soup, steamed fish with rice
Crackers and kefir
Salad with vegetables and boiledchicken, seasoned with sour cream
Baked zucchini stuffed with minced meat, tea
Buckwheat soup, shepherd's pie, compote
steamed vegetables with chicken meat, juice
Buckwheat and jelly
Curd with dried apricots
Chicken broth with vegetables, chicken fillet, compote
handful of dried fruit, steamed water
Stuffed peppers, green tea
rice porridge, tea
Sirniki, Baked in the oven, a little non-acidic sour cream and tea
Chicken broth, boiled chicken, stewed vegetables, compote
Buckwheat, stewed carrots,Steamed beef
In general, thoughtful nutrition can reduce the manifestations of flatulence, improve bowel function and significantly improve the person's well-being.Provided that a doctor calls on him in time, no additional therapy is usually required.
Elena Sovinskaya, dietitian