Zira: the benefit and harm of spice
Zira, or cumin - a spicy herb, the seeds of which are actively used by people in cooking and medicine.The second name of this seasoning is cumin - the most popular spice in Asian countries, which has a rich, sharp but pleasant aroma.
There are three types of zira:
- white - used mainly in Europe and Eurasia, characterized by a piquant flavor and taste;
- black - used in Asian countries, has a sharper flavor and bitter taste, is not subjected to roasting;
- Bunium is an extremely rare species of zira that grows in Tajikistan.
Virtually all known multi-component spices / spices include ziru-garam-masala, chili, curry, Mexican and Yemeni pepper mix. Experts of this culture claim that it will be useful not only in cooking, but also in the treatment of certain diseases.
The composition of the seed of the
The composition of the product in question is complicated, which determines its useful / therapeutic properties. In addition to vitamins and minerals, the following elements can be distinguished:
- essential oils;
- is a dipentene;
- aldehyde is cumin;
The fact that the seasoning in question has a lot of useful properties has been known to mankind for a long time. Here are just some of them:
- Cleansing the body of toxins and toxins.This is the case if the product in question is consumed continuously.Improves the work of the entire digestive system, and thanks to cleansing, the chair, the kidneys work, the heartburn disappears.
- Prevents the formation of blood clots.This property should be actively used by those people who have a history of heart and vascular disease, including angina pectoris, atherosclerosis, varicose veins, chronic heart failure.
- Increases hemoglobin levels.There is this not immediately, but only with prolonged and regular use of seasoning.It is recommended to introduce in the dishes seeds of zira with diagnosed iron deficiency anemia.
- Normalizes the psycho-emotional background.Zira will help cope with chronic insomnia, stress and unmotivated irritation.
In addition, the product improves the work of the organs of vision, brain activity, serves as the prevention of heart attacks and relates to aphrodisiacs. Seeds of zira contain a large amount of essential oils - they will help in the fight against cellulite and diseases of the respiratory system.Decoctions from the product in question, prepared according to a classic recipe, are used to treat acne and acne.
As part of the zira there is a whole complex of vitamins and minerals, and they have a beneficial effect on the work of all organs and systems.
Despite the huge health benefits of zira, there are also contraindications to its use. Doctors warn that this spice should not be included in dishes and used as a remedy for diagnosed:
- gastritis with increased acidity of gastric juice;
- obesity is 2-3 degrees;
- Hepatosis( fatty degeneration of liver cells).
Important! Very rarely there is an individual intolerance to zira, so for the first time using it, it is worthwhile to conduct an elementary allergotest.First, a small dose of the product is used / applied, then for 15-20 minutes the health condition is monitored and if allergy symptoms are absent, then individual intolerance is excluded.
Zira in cosmetology
Essential oil from the spice in question has a tonic, wound healing and anti-inflammatory effect.Therefore, it is often included in various creams, gels and face masks.
If you cook a weak broth from the zira( 1 teaspoon of raw seeds per 200 ml of boiling water, insist 10 to 20 minutes), then they can remove freckles and age spots on the face and hands skin.To do this, you need to use the broth for washing at least 2 times a day.
How to choose the right
If seeds are purchased in a package, you need to pay attention to its tightness, but the weight of the same product requires attention to its condition - the seeds should not be crushed, with husk or flattened.The smell of seeds of zira is pleasant, the sharpness is felt, but slightly.
The product should not be stored for a long time, since it acquires a pronounced bitter taste.
Zira is a seasoning that is actively used in cooking.And from a medical point of view, these seeds are very interesting.Since the product is not habitual for Europeans, you need to be careful and use only fresh seeds for the purpose.