Scallops: good and bad
Sea scallops - one of the most common overseas delicacies.In France and China, this product is not only a component of the everyday menu, but is also used in folk medicine.What is really the benefit of sea scallops, and what harm they can cause, you will learn from this article.
Interesting fact: to date, there are eight species of this marine life, but only two of them are of industrial importance.Dilution in large volumes is only carried out in the Far East.
Composition and caloric content
Nutritional information 100 g:
- Calories: 88 kcal
- Proteins: 17.5 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Water: 70 g
The chemical composition of the seafood is quite rich and rich.It includes:
- amino acids: arginine, leucine, lysine, glutamine, proline, tyrosine, phenylamine, histidine;
- Mineral substances: fluorine, molybdenum, iodine, chlorine, iron, nickel, calcium, zinc.
What is the use of scallops?
Virtually all seafood is rich in nutrients that have a beneficial effect on human health.And scallops are no exception. Inclusion in the diet of this product will help:
- strengthen and correctly develop bone tissue - especially it is important for children from three years old;
- to improve blood composition;
- to regulate the level of cholesterol, due to this, the cardiovascular system begins to work better;
- to normalize metabolic processes in the body, thereby improving the endocrine system;
- stimulate the processes of the nervous system, thereby reducing the risk of developing atherosclerosis;
- to increase the endurance of the body, its resistance to physical stress and infectious diseases.
Interesting! In Asian countries, scallops are considered a natural aphrodisiac and are used to enhance male potency.
The high concentration of minerals and amino acids has a beneficial effect on the condition of the skin, hair, nails, and therefore scallops are used as a basis for various cosmetic products.
The caloric content of the product is low, so they are used in the compilation of dietary menus.
Harm and contraindications
Despite the undoubted benefit of scallops, use the product with extreme caution.First of all, it is not recommended to use them if there is an excess of calcium in the body.The
A stale product or improper preparation can lead to serious and dangerous consequences:
- the strongest allergic reaction;
- severe poisoning, up to anaphylactic shock and coma.
Important! Pregnant women and children should use sea scallops only if the freshness and ecological cleanliness of the product does not cause any doubt.
Sea scallops have a specific sweetish, very delicate and mild taste.The combination with lemon, olives, garlic, prawns, black beans, mollusks will be successful.They can be fried, boiled, eaten raw, included in salads or main courses, with seasonings and sauces.
In order not to hurt yourself, take a close look at the product when you buy it:
- pay attention to the expiration date - the expired product or with the expiring storage period is very dangerous;
- on the surface should not be blue spots, slimy plaque, and the smell should be pleasant.
Important! Proper storage of sea scallops is also important.Defrost and then re-freeze the product is not recommended, because it accumulates toxins that are harmful to human health and life.