Savoy cabbage: what is the use and is there any harm?
Savoy cabbage in appearance very similar to the kind of white, but has a more attractive appearance with rich green leaves and a rich set of useful substances.It was this kind of cabbage that the culinary specialists of all Europe preferred, starting from the 10th century.What exactly is the benefit of Savoy cabbage and whether there is harm from it, you will learn from this article.
Interesting! The appearance of cabbage and its cultivation was originally in the Italian county of Savoy.It is from this that the world name of the vegetable has gone.
Unlike the usual white head, the leaves of Savoy cabbage form a loose head.Therefore, its appearance, although beautiful, but quite specific.Due to the peculiarity of the structure of the leaves, such cabbage is acceptable for consumption in raw or stewed.But for the starter is not suitable.
Many varieties of Savoy cabbage can withstand frosts to -15 degrees, so for growing in cold climates it is the only optimal option.But the shelf life is short - only 3 months.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 28.2
- kcal Protein: 1.2 g
- Fats 0.1 g Carbohydrates
- : 6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5 g Water
- : 90 g
Concerning the chemical composition, it is rather difficult to overestimate the benefits of Savoy cabbage. It includes:
- Rich vitamin complex - groups A, B, E, PP, C;
- Minerals - phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, sodium, calcium, iron;
- Nutrient elements for the full functioning of the human body - carbohydrates, proteins, sugars, cellulose, oils;
- Phytoncides and pectin substances.
- Amino acids.
Useful properties of savoy cabbage
savoy cabbage is not only good for the diet because of its low calorie content.It is saturated with a complex of chemicals that helps in the recovery of the body in various diseases.In particular, the use of savoy cabbage is as follows:
- Glutathione and other antioxidants - helps bring the body of toxins, toxins, carcinogens.This has a beneficial effect on the functioning of the nervous and immune systems.
- Ascorbigen( it can be found far from all vegetables) helps to prevent the development of cancer cells.
- Mannitol is a natural sweetener, so the benefit of Savoy cabbage is also that it is an excellent product that stabilizes the body's work in diabetes mellitus.
- Drinking juice from this cabbage gives an excellent diuretic effect and allows you to put the kidneys in order.
- Due to the correct removal of liquid from the body, the use of Savoy cabbage makes it possible to normalize the pressure.
- Calcium, present in large quantities, as well as vitamin D, can prevent brittle bones and strengthen them - both in children and in older people.
- Retinol has the most favorable effect on the skin condition.
savoy cabbage - a real storehouse of vitamin C. By the number of the content of this vitamin in vegetables than in conventional citrus - lemon, orange.At the same time, it does not cause allergies, but it contributes to the rapid recovery of the body during overtaxation, infectious, viral diseases, colds.
Important! savoy cabbage is recommended for inclusion in the diet of elderly people, pregnant women and children older than 1 year, since it is perfectly digestible, it does not cause heaviness.
Possible damage to
Despite the great benefits of this vegetable, the damage from Savoy cabbage can also be present if one does not know about the following nuances:
- an abundance of fiber may not have the best effect on health if they have gastrointestinal diseases:Ulcers, enterocolitis, gastritis;
- endocrine problems are also contraindications for Savoy cabbage;
- is not recommended for use after surgery on the thoracic or abdominal cavity.
Application in folk medicine
There are many useful recipes based on Savoy cabbage in folk medicine and cosmetology, the application of which will allow you to quickly stop the various discomforts in health. We offer a few simple and interesting.
- If you consume twice a day 150 g freshly squeezed juice of this cabbage, you can quickly get rid of the manifestations of vitamin deficiency.
- In case of infection with shingles and with burns, it is recommended to apply slightly wrung leaves of Savoy cabbage directly to the wounds.
- Mixed 30 grams of sugar and 1 glass of juice will relieve the condition with a severe hangover.