Quail meat: benefit and harm
The quail meat has always been one of the most valuable among game species.
Hunting for quails was arranged by both ordinary and noble people, and dishes of their dark meat of these birds were served on tables of different classes.
In the modern world, the quail, like many other birds, is grown artificially;Although they remained in the wild, and they can still be obtained independently, to supplement the enjoyment of food with pride for a successful hunt.Such a bird will be not only tastier than the one that was born in the incubator, but it will also benefit from it.A useful substance in the quail meat contains quite a lot.
Composition and caloric content
Quail filet, along with chicken breast, can be safely used by athletes gaining weight, as well as slimming people - the calorie content of meat does not exceed 230 kcal per 100 g of product.One carcass weighs 145 g;Thus, to meet the average daily energy requirement, you need to eat at least six birds.
For trained people, high protein content in pure quail meat will also be beneficial - it reaches 22%.
There is little fat in the product, so quail fillet is a dietary meat and is suitable for consumption during weight loss.
Vitamins rich in quail meat also bring benefits:
- B vitamins - riboflavin, thiamine, niacin, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, biotin, folic acid, cobalamin, which improve metabolic processes and strengthen the nervous system;
- vitamin D - promotes the growth of bones, helps assimilate macro-elements, together with thiamine and ascorbic acid improves the body's resistance to catarrhal diseases;
- vitamin A - strengthens bones, improves the skin condition, participates in the work of immunity;
- vitamin K - is involved in the processes of cell metabolism, improves blood clotting, increases the absorption of calcium.
The bird is also rich in minerals, especially potassium and phosphorus, which are also important for athletes, as they improve the condition of muscle and bone tissue. Potassium is also involved in water-salt metabolism, control of its content is very important if you want to quickly get rid of fat and swelling of tissues.In addition to these macronutrients, quail meat includes calcium and magnesium, as well as trace elements - iron and copper.
Interesting! To ensure that the meat remains in the cooking process, it is recommended not to cook or fry the quails, but to prepare meals from them for a couple.
The dietary character of quail meat and the low cholesterol content in it cause the benefit of this product in the presence of cholesterol plaques in vessels and diseases such as atherosclerosis.
Nutritionists recommend adding quail fillets to the diet in the following pathologies:
- Cardiovascular pathologies.Quail is often included in the diet of patients with coronary heart disease and angina pectoris, as well as people who underwent myocardial infarction.This bird is also useful for anemia and other disorders of blood composition - nicotinic acid, which is a part of meat, strengthens blood vessels and improves microcirculation.
- Diabetes mellitus.Biotin( vitamin B12) is involved in the breakdown of glucose, partially replacing the missing insulin in diabetics.In addition, quail meat is easily digested and does not create an unnecessary burden on the pancreas.
- Diseases of the musculoskeletal system - inflammation of the joints, brittle bones, osteochondrosis, skeletal muscle injuries.Regular use of quail meat is a good prevention of gout.
- Diseases of the liver and organs of the gastrointestinal tract.
- Respiratory pathologies.
- Recovering from injuries and surgeries.Meat accelerates the regeneration of tissues, allows you to quickly return your strength.Better quail with this task is coping only turkey.
Important! The greatest benefit of the product will bring people with the body, weakened by pregnancy, old age, recent illnesses.It should also be included in the diet of children in the stage of active growth.
Harmful and contraindications
The main disadvantage of quail meat is the same low calorie and fat content.Because of this, the product is a poor source of energy and can not meet the needs of the organism under active loads.
In addition, it lacks fatty acids, which the body needs to maintain normal life.In order for the ration to be full, it is necessary to supplement it with other types of meat - poultry, beef, pork and necessarily fish.
Like any product, quails are dangerous for individual intolerance.
Tips and Tricks
To make the dish of quail meat as useful as possible, the product must be selected correctly.To do this, you need to evaluate the appearance and smell of the bird fillet - it should not have defects, its color and texture should be even. Carcass should be elastic, when pressed it should not remain dent.
It is worthwhile to evaluate the integrity of the manufacturer - the packaging must be of high quality, without any disruption of integrity, indicating all important information on the label( manufacturing date, shelf life, meat storage instruction ).If game is used instead of processed meat, it must be cleaned of possible parasitic larvae - for this it must be prepared at a temperature above 60 ° C .
Chilled meat is stored at a temperature of + 5 ° C for two weeks.For better safety, it should be wrapped in aluminum foil.In plastic packaging, the shelf life is reduced to 2 days, while freezing it increases to several months.