Pike: benefit and harm
Pike was considered a festive dish and delicacy since the days of Ancient Rus.This fish was invariably present during feasts or mass feasts.Do not forget the useful properties of pike today, especially since it has a very pleasant taste, and the value did not decrease at all.Is it worth it to buy, how to choose and prepare?You will learn about this after reading the article.
Interesting fact: The habitat of this fish is the reservoirs of Eurasia and North America, and the environmental conditions for it are not particularly important.The life span of a pike can be more than half a century.These predators are incredibly voracious individuals.Their main food is perch and roach.
- Calories: 84 kcal
- Proteins: 18.4 g
- Fats: 1.1 g
- Water: 79.3 g
The composition of the pike is amazing even for nutritionists. Fats account for only 1 percent, the remaining 99% are:
- easily digestible proteins;
- vitamins - A, C, PP, E, B;
- minerals: molybdenum, nickel, fluorine, chromium, cobalt, iron, iodine, zinc, copper and manganese.
Nutritional value per 100 g of the product is only 84 kcal, and only in the fried form the index reaches 122 units.
With regular use, pike has a beneficial effect on the human body as a whole, contributes to strengthening both male and female health. Among all the useful properties of this fish are:
- Antiseptic action and strengthening of immunity.
- Strengthening the vascular system and stabilizing the heart.
- Normalization of blood glucose level and recovery of the nervous system.
- Beneficial effect on skin and mucous membranes.
- Support for the thyroid and other organs of the endocrine system.
On the basis of this product are effectively working "diet" for weight loss with a fast and long-term results.All this is due to the fact that the pike fillet promotes the breakdown of fats, rapid assimilation by protein and the removal of excess fluid from the body.
Important! Pike use during pregnancy is not desirable, especially if it is caught in small lakes and streams.Because of the widespread contamination of such reservoirs, the fish inhabiting there contain a high percentage of mercury, which is not particularly good for the future mother's organism.
Despite the fact that this fish is useful and tasty with any method of preparation, caution does not hurt.As mentioned above, pike survives even in the worst conditions, and caught in a polluted water body, it will do more harm than good.It is better to buy fish from trusted suppliers or, if there is a possibility and desire, to catch it yourself in a checked place.
It should also be remembered that individual intolerance can serve as a contraindication to pike use.
The pike can be cooked in various ways: fry, cook, stew, bake in foil.Garnish and condiments can also be different.Fish perfectly matches with any vegetables, many kinds of cereals and sauces.
To taste the cooked food is not disappointed, you need to properly choose and cut the carcass:
- Note the color of the gills - they should be bright - or dark red, without unpleasant odor and mucus.
- Pay attention to the eyes - they should not have whitish spots.
- Inspect the carcass, fresh fish - clean, shiny, without mucous secretions.
- If there is a specific river odor, it can be removed by sprinkling fish with lemon juice.
- Cleaning the carcass is better right after purchase - the longer it takes, the more difficult this process will be.