Diet with acetone in a child: allowed foods, menus
Few parents have not yet heard of the concept of acetonemic syndrome, or ketoacidosis, which implies a pathological state of the organism, mainly child, associated with a high content of acetone( ketone bodies) in the urine.
According to pediatricians, most often this pathology occurs in healthy children due to a temporary disruption in the metabolic processes of .However, quite often high indices of acetone in the urine can also indicate the presence of severe chronic diseases( intestinal infection, liver damage, hormonal disruptions, concussion, etc.).And yet, despite the causes of acetonuria, it is important to understand that this condition is very dangerous and can quickly become a threat to the child's life in a short period of time.To adjust( normalize) the state of the baby effectively helps a special diet and drug therapy.Table of contents: Main causes and symptoms of increased acetone in children Drinking regime of a child with increased acetone Diet for acetone in children: menus during the acute phase of the disease Permitted foods and basic rules for feeding a child with elevated acetone Prohibited foods with increased acetone in childrenBasic dietary rules for acetone in the urine Variants of the children's menu with acetone in urine
The main causes and symptoms of increased acetone in children
Ka generally high concentration of acetone occurs in consequence of disorders of lipid and carbohydrate metabolism. If the body spends more energy than it receives glucose from outside, then at first glucose of blood, glycogen of the liver starts to be converted into energy, and then the fission of fats, from the molecules of which not only glucose but also ketone bodies is formed.It is the high concentration of ketones, consisting of such compounds as acetone, acetoacetic and b-hydroxybutyric acids, in the body that produces the development of acetone syndrome.
A huge amount of energy the children's body spends with:
- Excessive physical activity.
- Prolonged crying and hysterical.
- Infectious diseases of various nature, accompanied by high temperature.
The risk of increased acetone in a child is significantly increased when:
- unbalanced diet;
- dehydration of the body( drinking regime violation).
In addition, acetonuria may result from an individual's intolerance to fatty foods or products containing various flavors.
The obvious symptoms of increased acetone in the baby's urine include:
- The aroma of acetone from the whole body.Odor
- acetone in urine.
- of recurring vomiting.
- Exhausting diarrhea.
- Increased body temperature.
- lethargy or excitement of the child.
Naturally, when these symptoms appear, you should immediately seek help from a doctor who diagnoses and prescribes appropriate treatment, adjusts the drinking regimen and the baby's diet.
Drinking regimen of a child with elevated acetone
Virtually any kidney disease needs to be "washed out" from the body, and acetone is not an exception.Therefore, drawing up and observing the right drinking regime plays a very important role here.
According to most pediatricians, the best drink for a child with acetone are:
- Compotes from dried fruits, which help to improve glucose;
- Infusion of raisins is an excellent source of fructose, which is several times better assimilated than sugar, and at the same time gently and gradually increases the level of glucose in the blood.Method of preparing the infusion: a little more than a tablespoon of dried berries should be filled with a glass of boiling water and insist 15-20 minutes;
- Alkaline drink that will help to neutralize the ketones already accumulated in the body.With this task are well managed:
- Alkaline mineral water - "Borjomi", "Essentuki №4"( or №17), etc.
- Electrolyte solutions( for example, Regidron).
Important drinking rules for increased acetone:
- The proposed drink should only be in a warm form, because in this state the liquid is absorbed more quickly by the digestive tract;
- A child should drink a small amount of liquid and often( 10 ml every 10-15 minutes is recommended).This approach will not overload the kidneys and will not provoke the appearance of vomitive reflexes;
- Compotes, teas, infusions should be sweet, but it is worth considering that the maximum amount of glucose received by a child per day is limited to 5 mg per kilogram of weight.
Diet for acetone in children: menus during the acute phase of the disease
As a rule, the first days of illness to a child are given very hard with repeated vomiting, diarrhea and deterioration in overall well-being.During this period, the body is intensively trying to purify itself of toxins, this is an important stage on the way to recovery.It is quite natural that the child completely refuses to eat.To maintain the child's body in this acute period, it is enough to provide the baby with an abundant drink in accordance with the above recommendations.
On the first day after cessation of vomiting and temperature stabilization, the child can be offered several domestic bread crumbs of white or gray bread.
The next day, you can supplement the child's menu with baked apples and rice broth, for the preparation of which you should boil 100 g of white rice in three liters of water without salt and other spices.
Next, you can offer the child a cooked rice porridge( for the best, if it is completely digested), which, if desired, can also be rubbed with a blender.
Approximately on the fourth day after the end of the crisis period, a light vegetable soup is allowed in the baby's diet. He, as in principle, and all food during this period should not contain heavy products( such as legumes and mushrooms) and fats, with which the digestive system is not yet able to cope.
The transition to a familiar lifestyle should be a very gradual : after four days, provided that the child's condition is normal, the menu can be expanded, but only within the limits of a special diet with increased acetone.
Prohibited products with increased acetone in children
When acetone appears in the urine from the baby's diet, it is necessary to exclude all high-calorie, fatty, digestible products, including:
- Meat and fish of fattyVarieties.Meat and fish broth.
- .Meat offal. .
- Smoked and canned food, including marinades and vegetable pickles.
- Fatty sour-milk products.
- Seafood, in particular shrimp.Mayonnaise and various spices.
- Vegetables: aubergines, mushrooms, tomatoes.
- Sour fruit.
- Semi-finished and fast food.
- Greens: parsley, sorrel, spinach.
- All sweet and buttery pastries, including fresh bread.
- Beverages: juices of high concentration and carbonated drinks, broth of dogrose, coffee.
These products not only can complicate the course of the disease, but also adversely affect the overall well-being and condition of the child.
Authorized products and basic rules for feeding a child with increased acetone
When compiling a diet menu for your child, you should consider not only the basic postulates, but also its taste preferences. Do not make the baby eat those foods that he refuses to not cause new emetic reflexes.
List of products that can be included in the diet menu:
- Milk and dairy products with a fat content of up to 5%, without the addition of sugar( cottage cheese, fermented baked milk, curdled milk, kefir).
- Porridge: "Hercules", buckwheat, rice, pearl barley, wheat and corn.At first, it is advisable to offer the baby a porridge of liquid boiling consistency.
- Vegetable soups.
- Vegetables can be eaten in stewed, boiled, baked or raw form.It is best to give preference to pumpkin, carrots, beets, potatoes, zucchini, fresh herbs, cabbage and cucumbers.
- Fruit and berries of sweet varieties.
- Eggs: only in boiled form - not more than 1 pc.in a day.
- Meats of low-fat varieties: chicken, rabbit, turkey and veal.
- Fish of sea varieties( pollock, flounder, hake, etc.), and it is also allowed to include brown and green algae in the menu.
- Dried fruits, nuts, biscuits, biscuits.
- Compotes, teas in a warm form.
- Sweets: jam, honey, marshmallows, jelly and marmalade.When offering a child sweets, do not forget about moderation.
Basic nutritional rules for acetone in urine
- Baby food should be divided: food intake every two to three hours, with portions of food should be small;
- diet food can be cooked steamed, boiled, baked or stewed;
- meat and fish is better to offer the child in the form of meatballs, meatballs or soufflé;
- dinner should be at the maximum light and not later than 6-7 pm.Immediately before going to bed, a glass of fat-free fermented milk product is allowed;
- vegetables with high fiber content - an indispensable component of every meal.
Variants of children's menu with acetone in urine
Menu option №1
- Breakfast - liquid oatmeal with a handful of a mixture of nuts and dried fruits, fruit tea.
- Lunch - baked apple and a glass of low-fat yogurt.
- Lunch - steamed vegetables, vealballs, dried fruit compote.
- Snack - boiled egg, cucumber. Supper - cream soup with cauliflower.
Menu option №2
- Breakfast - rice porridge on milk, tea with croutons.
- Lunch - two pears.
- Lunch - vegetable soup, boiled chicken breast, infusion of raisins.
- Snack - fruit jelly.
- Dinner - fish cutlets, steamed, boiled buckwheat porridge, a glass of compote.
Menu option №3
- Breakfast - boiled egg, salad of baked beet, grated, with walnuts and raisins, green tea with biscuit biscuits.
- Lunch - defatted cottage cheese with berries.
- Lunch - rabbit soufflé, boiled potatoes, cabbage and greens salad, fruit jelly.
- Snack - a cup of yogurt, a sweet apple.
- Dinner - cream soup with pumpkins and rusks, compote.
Menu option №4
- Breakfast - corn porridge with milk, a pair of baked apples, compote.
- Lunch - fruit salad with yoghurt.
- Lunch - vegetable soup with the addition of pearl barley, chicken meatballs, tea, 2 pcs.Marshmallow
- Snack - semolina porridge with a spoon of jam.
- Dinner - salad "Venigret", a glass of curdled milk.
Menu option No. 5
- Breakfast - buckwheat porridge, boiled egg, cabbage and cucumber salad, tea with croutons.
- Lunch - berry jelly.
- Lunch - stewed cabbage, mashed potatoes, souffle from a rabbit, compote.
- Snack - curd balls with berry syrup.
- Dinner - baked fillet of Alaska pollack with vegetables, steamed, compote.
Adhering to this diet and simple rules of nutrition and drinking, you will help your baby to get rid of increased acetone faster, and also to prevent the possible development of many ailments of the gastrointestinal tract.
Tokareva Larissa, pediatrician