Cauliflower - good and bad
Cauliflower is a delicious and healthy product that can diversify the diet.It contains vitamins, microelements, many useful substances, it is easily digested and has a kind of pleasant taste.But, like any product, it is useful only if you use it in moderation.Excess of cauliflower in food is harmful to health, but this does not mean that it should be abandoned.
Important! When choosing cauliflower, pay attention to the color and arrangement of the inflorescences.The fresh, tasty and healthy vegetable inflorescences are white, located close to each other.The size of a big role does not play.Individual inflorescences( without a head) are stored no more than 2 days, quickly deteriorate.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories 30 kcal
- Proteins 5 g
- Fats 3 g
- Carbohydrates 2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1 g
- Water 90 g
CauliflowerNot very rich in fiber, which does not make it useless in dietary nutrition.The vegetable is low-calorie, so it does not help to gain excess weight.But, thanks to the absence of indigestible fibers, the product is easily digested, well digested.
Vegetable is rich in potassium, phosphorus, manganese, folic acid, B vitamins. Also, the product contains rare vitamin H( biotin) and tocopherol-vitamin E.
- Potassium is involved in water-salt metabolism.
- Manganese is an important structural element of hormones and many biologically active substances.
- Phosphorus is necessary for strengthening bones, maintaining the health of nerve tissue.
- Biotin preserves youth and firmness of the skin.
- Tocopherol controls reproductive function.
- Folic acid is useful for the development of the immune and circulatory system.
Important! Cauliflower is twice as rich in protein as white cabbage.Also far surpasses her in the content of vitamin C - the daily norm is contained in only 200 grams of the product.
This vegetable has a huge range of useful properties:
- Due to fiber helps to cleanse the intestines from toxins, normalizes motor skills, helps fight constipation.
- Vegetable fats can reduce the risk of atherosclerosis, coronary heart disease, heart attacks, strokes.
- Contains many acids that stimulate appetite.This is useful for violations of gastric secretion, appetite, food motivation.
- It is recommended to use in depression, depressed state to avoid eating disorders.
- Included in the therapeutic diet of the recovery period for patients with anorexia.
The natural antioxidants contained in the product will perfectly help preserve youth and beauty.Some of them have anti-inflammatory properties, reducing the intensity of many pathological processes in the body.
Cauliflower is a reliable assistant for those who want to get rid of extra pounds.But to gain muscle mass it does not help - the protein content in the product is quite low.Despite the fact that the vegetable is easily digested, it is not nutritious, does not create a lasting sensation of satiety.
There are special menus for weight loss, consisting mainly of cauliflower.For example, the Italian diet, which is recommended for a quick disposal of extra pounds.
Important! In most cases, cauliflower can be consumed by pregnant women who are nursing mothers.It is necessary to abstain only with chronic problems with the kidneys.As an early supplement for a child who is only accustomed to adult food, this product is not suitable, but will be a useful addition to the diet of a child over 2 years old.
Harm and contraindications
Contraindications to cauliflower use are few:
- Not recommended for high acidity of gastric juice.
- Causes a deterioration in the health of patients with gastritis, peptic ulcer, GERD.
- With urate stone disease( deposition of uric acid salts) can worsen the condition, increase the size of the stones, which increases the risk of developing gout.
Important! Severe heartburn is the first symptom of the fact that eating a vegetable did not work.During the exacerbation of these diseases, cauliflower is excluded from the diet.
Useful advices and application in everyday life
The best way to prepare cauliflower is quenching on water, the most suitable seasoning is turmeric.It is this combination that allows you to maximally preserve the properties of the product.
The brine after the leaven of cabbage helps with problems with the gums.It is necessary to mix it with water in a proportion of 1: 1 and rinse the mouth regularly.
Paste of leaves helps with burns.To prepare the product, you need to grind the leaves in a blender and mix them with a raw egg.Apply a thick layer on the wound and fasten with a bandage.