Semolina: benefit and harm
.It was not only regularly included in the menu in preschool institutions.Many parents, believing in the great power of the "manna of heaven" and its utility, literally by force every morning or evening, tried to push the prepared fluid substance into their children.It's good if it works without nasty lumps.What is really useful for semolina and do you really need to use it almost every day to be healthy yourself and grow up "heroes" of your children?
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 333 kcal
- Proteins: 10.3 g
- Fat: 1 gram
- Carbohydrates: 70.6 grams
Show the full list »
- Dietary fiber: 3.6 g
- Water: 14 c
- Mono- and disaccharides: 1.6 c
- Starch: 68.5 g
- Ash: 0.5 c
- saturated fatty acids: 02 c
- Calcium 20 mg Magnesium
- 18 mg Potassium 130 mg Phosphorous
- : 85mg
- Chloro: 21mg
- Sera: 75 mg
- Vitamin E: 2,55 mg
- Vitamin PP: 1,2 mg
- Vitamin B1( thiamine) 0.14 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) 0.04 mg
- Vitamin B6( pyridoxine): 0.17 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic): 23. mu.g
- Vitamin E( FE): 1.5 mg Vitamin PP
- (niacin equivalent): 3 mg
- Iron 1 mg Zinc
- : 0.59 mg
- Copper 70 mcg
- Manganese: 0.44 mg
- Chromium: 1 ug
- Fluoride: 20 μg
- Molybdenum: 11.3 μg
- Boron: 63 μg
- Vanadium: 103 μg
- Silicon: 6 mg
- Cobalt: 25 μg
- Aluminum: 570 μg
- Nickel: 11.5 μg
- Nickel: 11.5 μg
- Tin: 3.2 μg
- Titanium: 8,9 μg
Despite the common opinion about the value of this product, the chemical composition of semolina is much poorer than that of any other grain.In its essence, it is a product of wheat grain processing, but not brought to the consistency of flour, but offered on sale by larger particles.
For the sake of fairness, it should be noted that in a small amount it still contains:
- vitamins - B, E, PP and Kholin;
- minerals - magnesium, iron, sulfur, potassium, phosphorus, nickel, aluminum;
- a huge amount of carbohydrates, as well as starch, due to which it is a cheap way to quickly and for a long time to satisfy hunger.
Interesting! Given such facts about the component composition, it's easy to guess that the useful properties of semolina are clearly overestimated and the propaganda of its use during the USSR was more likely to pursue one goal: to feed the population cheaply.
The use of semolina
However, some value of the product still exists:
In gastrointestinal diseases - gastritis, ulcers, semolina, it has an enveloping and, as a consequence, a calming effect.
- For dental problems or during recovery from severe diseases and surgeries, semolina is the only available way of eating and fast recruiting.
- It is suitable for use in the presence of kidney disease, when a protein-free diet is selected.
- Use such a product as an absorbent to softly remove slag and harmful substances from the body, if they are concentrated in the organs of the digestive tract.
Important: so that semolina has a beneficial effect on your body, you need to use it, boiled on water( not on milk!), Without salt, sugar or any other additives.Such food is unlikely to be enjoyed by small children, and healthy adults, so it is not worth using it as a substitute for full-fledged breastfeeding - this technique took place during the Soviet era.Also, do not abuse such porridge during pregnancy, especially in cases where signs of late toxicosis or excessive weight gain are detected.
If you still like this mess, you definitely need to know what is harmful to semolina:
- Obesity, as it contains a lot of starch, and it is an "empty" carbohydrate.
- The presence of digestive problems, in particular, the body's inability to break down the grain gluten.
Also frequent consumption of semolina porridge leads to the fact that active calcium is removed from the blood, the absorption of nutrients, including fats and iron, is reduced.All this can cause further problems of hematopoiesis.
Important: there is another opinion that semolina can contribute to clogging the stomach, but there is no absolute scientific confirmation of this.One of its components - starch, really has the property of swelling and binding of other substances, but croup is not used in dry form, so this kind of harm is somewhat far-fetched.
Given all of the above "for" and "against" regular use of manga as a food product, it is better to use it for another purpose, where it really will benefit - in cosmetology.Based on mango, you can make good inexpensive scrubs for home use and face masks that will help restore the beautiful appearance and elasticity of the skin.The methods of using such cereals are very simple.
Munk is essentially an abrasive substance, but has a very mild effect.Prepare a scrub at home on the basis of such cereals is not difficult - just mix a small amount of a pure product with vegetable oil or cream.Next - apply to the skin in a small amount and soft circular motions treat all problem areas.
Interesting! After this procedure, the skin condition is noticeably improved - all dead cells are removed, and the living cells are saturated with useful substances.
This mask has a nutritional effect, therefore it is more suitable for dry and fading skin.To prepare you need to mix half a cup of cereals from 3 tbsp.L.Cream and 2 tbsp.L.Honey.On the skin of the face leave this mixture only for 10 minutes.
Now you know the best options for using semolina and all its properties.We hope that this product will not cause you any health problems, but on the contrary - you will be able to extract only the maximum benefit from it.