Lemon: benefit and harm
Lemon - one of the most popular representatives of citrus, a real storehouse of vitamins and trace elements and, of course, an effective treatment for many diseases.However, you should not abuse this fruit: there are contraindications to the use of lemon.
Interesting! Lemon is a symbol of friendship of 126 countries of the world.
Nutritional value and chemical composition lemon
Nutritional value 100g:
- Caloric content: 34 kcal Protein
- : 0.9 c
- Fats 0.1 Carbohydrates
- c 3 c
Showfull list »
- Dietary fiber: 2 g
- Organic acids: 5.7 g
- Water: 87.8 c
- Mono- and disaccharides 3 c
- Ash: 0.5 c
- Calcium: 40 mg
- Magnesium: 12 mg
- Sodium: 11 mg
- Potassium: 163 m
- Phosphorus 22 mg
- Chloro 5 mg
- Sera: 10 mg
- Vitamin PP: 0,1
- mg Beta-carotene 0.01 mg Vitamin
- A( RE: 2 μg
- Vitamin B1( thiamin): 0.04 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin): 0.02 mg
- Vitamin B5( pantothenic): 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B6( pyridoxine): 006 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic) 9 ug
- Vitamin C: 40 mg
- Vitamin E( FE): 0.2 mg
- Vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 0.2 mg
- Iron: 0.6 mg
- Zinc: 0.125 mg
- Copper 240 mcg
- Manganese: 0.04 mg
- Fluoro 10 mcg Molybdenum
- 1 ug
- Boron: 175 ug
ConsideringThe extent to which all parts of this fruit are widely used in traditional medicine, and how broad the methods of including its elements fall within the pharmacological industry, it is not surprising that research into the chemical composition continues to this day.
Interesting! According to studies conducted by scientists from the University of Ohio, the scent of lemon oil raises the mood.
most frequently used as lemon:
- Cleanser - lemon copes with cholesterol in the blood, removes free radicals, toxins, toxins of kidney stones.
- Antiseptic - this citrus not only kills pathogenic viruses and bacteria, but also prevents the aging of tissues.
- Stabilizer pressure and stimulator of the process of hematopoiesis.
- Toning and restoring remedy - the rich content of vitamins of group C causes saturation of the body with the necessary forces for a speedy recovery with all possible colds.
- Cosmetic - mask and cream based on lemon allow you to whiten the skin, improve its color, smooth wrinkles and cope with acne, freckles.
- Means that improves appetite - the use of lemon juice provokes the production of gastric juice.
- Stabilizer of metabolism - including the useful properties of lemon in the fight against obesity.
- A natural remedy in dentistry - lemon juice makes it possible to whiten tooth enamel, remove plaque, and also get rid of bleeding gums.
Important : such a wide range of beneficial effects on the body makes it possible to use lemon in almost all directions of medicine.
The increased acid content in this fruit causes a number of contraindications to the use of lemon:
- Inflammatory processes in the tissues of the digestive tract.You can not use lemons in the presence of diagnoses of increased acidity of the stomach, with acute form of gastritis, nephritis, hepatitis, with ulcers.
- Excessive exposure to concentrated lemon juice or pulp on the skin can cause superficial irritation and even much deeper damage to tissues.
- This healing fruit has indications for cleansing the liver, but with pancreatitis its use is strictly prohibited.
In large quantities, the lemon can not be treated, but can cause dental problems.In the presence of injuries or cracks in the mouth, its use will be very painful, and long-term use of concentrated juice contributes not to restoration, but to destruction of the enamel.
Important: small children are injected with lemon as an additive to tea not earlier than 1-2 years.In its pure form, it is undesirable to give, since the digestive system of a young child is not yet formed, and the gastrointestinal tract is very tender and can begin to deteriorate under the influence of acid.Pregnant lemons are not forbidden in the absence of contraindications, but you should consider the risk of heartburn or allergies.
- Lemon is a great help for headaches.To get the result, peel off the white matter, apply to the temples with a damp side for no more than 10 minutes.Having decided to try this way of applying lemon, note that at the place of its application, a red allergic stain may appear for a while.
- If you are tired of fighting leg cramps, every morning and evening lubricate your feet with lemon juice.Do not wipe it, but just wait until it dries slightly and wear socks.The disease must pass within 2 weeks.
Given all the benefits and harm of lemon, the main thing is to adhere to the norms of its use and not try to "cure everything" with a product alone, taking it thoughtlessly and excessively.