Alaska pollock: benefit and harm
The pollock lives in the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.The length of this representative of cod is usually not more than 45 cm, and the weight of one fish is on the average 2.5-5 kg.Of all the cod fish, pollock is considered the most mined, which leads to a gradual decrease in its quantity in the ocean.In 2009, Greenpeace called on fish producers to reduce the catch of pollock so as not to harm the populations of this aquatic inhabitant.
chemical composition and nutritional value pollock
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Caloric content: 72 kcal Protein
- 15.9 g Fat: 0.9 g
Display a list »
- Water: 81.9 c
- saturated fatty acids: 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 50 mg
- Ash: 1.3 c
- Calcium 40 mg Magnesium
- : 55 mg
- Sodium: 40 mg
- Potassium: 420 mg
- Phosphorus: 240 mg
- Chlorine: 165 mg
- Sulfur: 170 mg
- Vitamin A: 0,01 mg
- Vitamin PP: 1,3 mg
- Vitamin A( RE) 10 ug
- Vitamin B1( thiamine): 011 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) 0.11 mg
- Vitamin B6( pyridoxine) 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic): 4.9 ug
- Vitamin C: 0,5 mg
- vitamin E( FE): 0.3 mg
- vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 4.6 mg
- Iron 0.8 mg Zinc
- : 1.12 mg Iodine
- : 150 μg
- Copper: 130 μg
- 0.1 mg Chromium 55 mcg
- Fluoro 700 mcg Molybdenum
- 4 ug
- Cobalt 15 ug
- Nickel: 7 ug
In pollock contain such fats:
- saturated( myristic, palmitic, stearic acid);
- monounsaturated( oleic, palmitoleic acid);
- is polyunsaturated( Omega-3, docosatetraene, arachidonic, linoleic and linolenic acid).
Also pollock contains interchangeable and irreplaceable amino acids.
Benefits of using Alaska pollock
Thanks to the unique composition of this fish, doctors and nutritionists recommend using it as often as possible.Alaska pollock is often called "younger brother of cod".Particularly beneficial for a human being is the liver of this fish, in which there is a lot of vitamin A, essential fatty acids( they can only be obtained from fish, they are not contained in other foods).What else is useful for pollock? He is credited with the following properties:
- with regular use of Alaska pollack in the body normalizes the sugar level;
- Vitamin A is very useful for eyesight, improves skin condition;
- an abundance of iodine is an excellent prevention of thyroid disease;
- B group vitamins normalize the activity of the cardiovascular, digestive, nervous system, improve the skin condition, activate brain activity;
- Alaska pollock has antioxidant properties( contributes to the removal of free radicals);
- vitamin C improves the condition of ligaments, tendons, gums, increases immunity.
If the fish is quality and fresh, it will not harm a healthy person.Many nutritionists recommend the introduction of fish lure to children already from 8 months( in the form of pollock).
You can not use this product for those who have an allergy to fish products.Peptic ulcers and hypertensive people are not recommended to eat pollock, as this product contains a lot of salt( especially in caviar).In any case, in the presence of chronic diseases before consuming pollock( like any other fish), you should consult a doctor.
What can be made from Alaska pollack
Pollock has a neutral, not very bright taste.Therefore, the cost of this fish is quite affordable, and it can be combined with a wide variety of products.Pollock can be fried, baked in the oven as a separate dish or with vegetables.It also produces delicious soups, pies.