Edam: benefit and harm
Edam - one of the varieties of soy vegetable culture.Its main difference is that the fruits are harvested before their full maturation.In the rest( regarding the places of growth and care), all the rules are identical with the other soybean varieties.So what is useful to edam and how can there be harm from it, if it is often used.Let's understand together.
Interesting! Due to the peculiarities of edamam cultivation, fruits from it can be obtained more than once a year, as in the cultivation of many other varieties of soy.Harvesting with the right approach and planting is stretched for quite a long time.
Edam is widely used in kitchens in Korea, Japan, China - in those countries where they want to establish the most healthy diet.
Interesting! On the territory of the countries of Europe and the CIS, soy edam are included in the lean menu.It is capable for some time to replace the volume of elements entering the body from nourishing and "fast" foods: meat, milk.But experts still do not recommend completely rejecting these products in favor of edamam.
Edamam contains many valuable elements that determine its useful properties:
- fats, fiber, omega-3 acids, water;
- a wide range of vitamin B;
- ascorbic acid - vitamin C;
- niacin is a vitamin of the PP;
- calciferol - vitamin D;
- tocopherol - vitamin E;
- calcium, potassium, selenium;
- copper, iodine, manganese;
- iron, zinc;
- phosphorus, sodium.
Depending on the method of preparation, the calorific value of edamam is from 125 to 147 units per 100 g of product.
Useful properties of edamam is manifested in the following directions.
- Lowers cholesterol level, which is an excellent prevention of clogging, thinning of blood vessels and at times reduces the risk of heart failure.
- A huge amount of iron in the biochemical composition determines the value of this product for women.With regular use, the hormonal background is leveled, the menopause is easier to tolerate, and in general the girls feel more vigorous and vigorous.
- Useful for edam and those who seek to correct the shape of their figure and to establish a balanced diet.Based on this vegetable culture, many diet programs are based.
- The product improves the functioning of the intestines, cleans from slags, prevents constipation, since it contains a lot of fiber.
- Corrects carbohydrate metabolism and fatty acid balance, which is very useful for people suffering from the second form of diabetes mellitus.
Important! It is believed that in the soybean variety, edam has isoflavones that prevent the development of breast cancer.
It is also recommended to use edamas and other soybean varieties if there is or a high risk of development:
- ischemia of the heart;
Harmful and contraindications
The value of this legume is undeniable, but do not forget the contraindications of edamam if you decide to include it in your diet.
Important! It is undesirable to give such a product to children - it is able to depress the work of the endocrine system, which is still being formed.Deviations can manifest themselves in completely different directions - both premature months in little girls, and slow physical development in boys.
Unambiguous contraindication to the use of edamam by adults - the malfunctioning of the endocrine system organs .Violation of this prohibition can cause a slowdown in the production of hormones, a feeling of weakness and decline in strength, the appearance of non-localized pain.
Damage to edamam can also occur if you use this sort of beans in case of urolithiasis.The presence in the composition of oxalic acid provokes the formation of additional stones in the kidneys.
Important! Pregnant women are also not recommended to include edam in their diet, despite its value.The presence of hormone-like compounds can give complications and slow the development of the fetus.
On the basis of edamama, a wide variety of dishes are prepared: soups, salads, second courses, sauces.Apply the product in folk medicine.Here are a few common recipes.
The beans are germinated on the same principle as any other seeds.On day 4, on the seeds there are already sprouts up to 5 cm long.They are ground and eat 1 tablespoon per day.
Disposal of toxins
To remove radioactive substances from the body, edama beans are cooked and eaten 2 times a day for 1 tbsp.L.The frequency of reception does not depend on the usual meal.The course of such therapy lasts from 2 weeks.
Means for anemia and fatigue
A miracle cure is a decoction.Proportion for cooking - 1 tsp.Seeds per 1 tbsp.Boiling water, which after the compound is insisted for about 30 minutes.The filtered liquid is drunk in small portions throughout the day, not focusing on meals.The duration of the course is from 10 days to 3 weeks.