Apples: good and bad
- They promote the removal of "harmful" cholesterol from the blood - pectin and dietary fiber, which are part of apples, bind and remove excess cholesterol from both the liver and blood.And this serves to prevent the development of cardiovascular diseases.
- Apples have bactericidal and non-intensive anti-inflammatory properties, so they are indicated for diseases of the gastrointestinal tract( for example, in dysentery, colitis).
- Have choleretic effect, laxative - they must be introduced into the diet of those who have problems with digestion in general, and with the functioning of the gall bladder in particular.
- Apples normalize metabolic processes in the body - if you use this fruit every day, carbohydrates are not transformed into fats, which allows you to lose weight.Apples are a very popular product for slimming, there are even special unloading days.
- The content of magnesium salts and ascorbic acid in the composition of apples makes them useful for those who are at risk of developing atherosclerosis - this fruit will serve as an excellent prevention.
- Apples are capable of counteracting many toxic substances - this product must necessarily be on the table of those people who work in harmful production.
- Apples prevent constipation( even if they occur in chronic form), and this serves to prevent rectal cancer.
- If you make tea from apples, you can significantly improve your psycho-emotional background.
- Iron, contained in apples, helps to quickly normalize the level of hemoglobin in the blood and prevent the development of iron deficiency anemia.
Everyone is so used to the fact that apples are useful, that the question of their harm is not put at all.Meanwhile, doctors warn - even the most useful product can harm a person's health. As for apples, you need to remember the following features of this fruit :
- They negatively affect tooth enamel, because the combination of acid and sugar destroy it - after eating apples, experts recommend thoroughly rinsing the mouth with warm clean water.
- Apples can not be consumed in too large quantities and for a long time, as this can lead to disruption of the gastrointestinal tract - this concerns unloading days and mono-diet.
- With peptic ulcer of stomach and duodenum, gastritis with increased / decreased acidity of gastric juice and chronic colitis, the fascination with apples can provoke a deterioration in health, exacerbation of pathologies.
- If a history of a person has any diseases of the cardiovascular system, then red apples should be excluded altogether from the diet - let in the menu there are only green and yellow representatives of this culture.
- There is an opinion that it is in the bones of apples that a lot of iodine is contained.This is true, but there is also prussic acid in them - it is a poison for the body.Therefore, it is not recommended to use apples in general for food, but it is allowed to eat a maximum of 5 seeds a day.
- As a part of apples there is a lot of sugar, so at night they can not be eaten - it will not be diet food, but a direct way to a set of excess weight.By the way, because of the presence of sugar in apples, they should be used with caution and those who have diabetes mellitus.
- Apples contribute to increased gassing in the intestine - this point should be taken into account for those who already suffer from flatulence or have a tendency to this.
How to choose and store apples
To not make a mistake in choosing apples and buy really delicious, useful, you need to know the sorts of this fruit. And they are divided into :
- Summer - fruit trees start from July-August, are not intended for long-term storage, but they yield the most delicious jams, jam and compotes.The summer varieties of apples include: white pouring, chalk, china, mousse and Moscow pear( these are the most common summer varieties).
- Winter - begin to bear fruit at the end of September, well kept for a year.The most common winter varieties of apples are: Antonovka, snowball, Semerenko, Pepin, Orlik and Sinap.
In the outlets there are also actively selling "overseas" varieties - Grenni Smith( derived in Australia, characterized by succulence and sour taste) and Golden Delicious( it has a sweet taste, juiciness and a dark flesh that does not darken for a long time).
The next step in choosing apples is evaluating their appearance. If the varieties have already been defined, then pay attention to the following :
- apples must be elastic and strong to the touch;
- on the peel should not be any stains;
- give preference to not imported fruit - the most delicious and healthy apples are sold from autumn and to March;
- in glossy, bright imported apples there are practically no useful substances and vitamins.
Have bought apples. .. And how to store them correctly?First, they can be dried and for a long time to enjoy compote of dried fruits.Only need to consider that in dried apples the caloric content rises sharply - you can not lose weight with them precisely.Secondly, apples are perfectly stored in a ventilated cool room without light - it can be, for example, a cellar.Thirdly, apples can be laid in a large vessel and simply filled with water - after a while they will acquire the taste of warts, but they will not lose their useful qualities at all.
Note that apples very quickly darken when cutting - this is affected by the large amount of iron in their composition.If you want to cut from apples to the table, then they just need to be sprinkled with lemon juice - it will be possible to "delay" the time of darkening of the pulp.
Apples are not only delicious, but also useful.And, they need to be used by people of different age groups, if there is no contraindication to this.