Papaya: good and bad
Papaya is an exotic product, many look at it with caution and almost do not know anything about the beneficial properties of this tropical fruit.But papaya is known for a long time - it is actively used in medicine, cosmetology, ropes are made from bark and tree branches.High taste qualities of this fruit allow you to combine it with different kinds of cheeses, add to fruit salads mixes, eat them raw and baked.By the way, if you bake papaya, then there will be a scent of fresh bread - the second name of the tree, which gives these fruits, "bread."
It is interesting that each papaya fruit contains a huge amount of seeds - their number can reach 700 pieces!
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Calories: 39 kcal
- Protein: 0.61 g
- Fat: 0.14 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.01 g
Show full list»
- Dietary fiber: 1.8 g
- Ash: 0.61 c
- Water: 88.83 grams
- Mono- and disaccharides: 5.9 c
- saturated fatty acids: 0.043 c
- Beta-carotene: 0.276 mg
- Vitamin A( RE): 55 μg
- Vitamin B1( thiamine): 0.027 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboavalanches): 0.032 mg
- Vitamin B5( pantothenic): 0.218 mg
- Vitamin B6( pyridoxine): 0.019 mg
- Vitamin B9( folic): 38. mu.g
- Vitamin C: 61,8 mg
- Vitamin E( TE): 0.73 mg
- Vitamin K( phylloquinone): 2.6 ug
- Vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 0.338 mg Choline
- : 6.1 mg
- Calcium 24
- mg Magnesium 10 mg Sodium
- 3 mg Potassium 257 mg Phosphorous
- 5 mg
- Iron: 0.1 mg
- Zinc 0.07 mg
- Copper 16 mcg
- Manganese: 0.011 mg Selenium
- : 0.6 ug
Viewed fruit not only taste like all familiar melon, but also on the chemical composition. During the research on papaya, was found in its composition:
- vitamins in large quantities;
- phosphorus and other useful substances.
But the most useful component that is part of the fruit in question is papain.In its composition, it resembles gastric juice, so immediately after entering the stomach, papain actively cleaves proteins, starch and fats.Also in the papaya, there is an enzyme that directly affects the work of the heart and the condition of the blood vessels.
Papaya is an ideal dietary product because it contains no carbohydrates and fats, and the calorie content per 100 g of the product is only 39 kcal.
The use of papaya
In general, the exotic fruit in question has many useful properties, but only the most important will be considered in this material. These include :
- Serves as the prevention of bowel cancer.This property is provided just papain, which in composition resembles gastric juice.Papaya should be present on the table of those people who are at increased risk of developing bowel cancer.
- Cleansing the body.It's about removing harmful, toxic substances from the body - this is due to the presence in the dietary fiber, which simply binds harmful compounds.
- Possesses regenerating properties.Both the flesh and the peel of the exotic fruit under consideration are excellent for healing small wounds.This property can also be used for rejuvenating procedures - masks based on papaya( extract or extract from fruit) have a rejuvenating, moisturizing effect.
- Provides normal development of pregnancy.The papaya contains a large amount of folic acid - it provides fresh blood to the uterus, prevents the development of anemia during the period of gestation and "responsible" for the correct formation of certain fetal systems.
- Restores and strengthens reproductive function in men.This is due to the enzyme arginine, which is part of the papaya.Of course, eating even a ton of exotic fruit will not help restore the reproductive function lost as a result of serious pathologies.But to prolong the sexual life of a man is likely.
- Improves the performance of the cardiovascular system.For this property, the enzyme carpain "responds" - it positively affects the condition of the walls of the vessels, strengthens them and raises the tone.
- Improves the work of the organs of vision.Typically, doctors recommend using carrots to solve some vision problems.But recent studies have confirmed that papaya has a much greater impact on the health of the organs of vision.For example, with the constant use of the exotic fruit under consideration, prevention of vision loss due to age, preventing the destruction and aging of the retina occurs.
- Has anti-inflammatory and bactericidal properties.The cream from the extracts of papaya is produced by the pharmacological industry and is actively used in dentistry - it helps to speed up the treatment of viral and bacterial diseases of the oral cavity.Some doctors say that if you eat papaya 2-3 times a week, then this will serve as a preventive maintenance of periodontitis and superficial caries.
- Relieves of herpes.Juice and papaya pulp will help to get rid of cold sores faster, so-called "cold on the lips" - it is enough to lubricate herpes as often as possible with the flesh or juice of the fruit in question during the day.
Papaya can reduce pain in arthritis and osteoporosis, help to recover faster after treatment of the intervertebral hernia.If you drink papaya juice every day in the amount of 100-150 ml, it will contribute to the destruction of infection in the large intestine, purification from parasites( worms).
It is recommended to use fresh papaya in order to strengthen immunity and even to reduce the increased body temperature - this fruit contains salicylic acid.
It is very useful to use papaya and women - this will help to normalize and stabilize the menstrual cycle, relieve the pain and other manifestations of premenstrual syndrome.
Harm to papaya - to whom the fruit is contraindicated
To say that the fruit in question can harm the human body, there is no sense - doctors did not reveal such influence. But there are specific contraindications to the use of papaya :
- individual intolerance and / or hypersensitivity;
- immature fruit - the juice of them.
To make sure that there is no allergy to papaya, just take a little juice or fruit pulp and apply to the skin for 20-30 minutes.Through this time it will be clear how the body reacts to the new product.But the juice of unripe papaya can not be used in any case - it contains poisonous substances.
How to choose papaya
To get really tasty and healthy papaya, you need to remember only one rule - ripe papaya has a bright yellow color, but even a small presence of green color will definitely indicate that the fruit is not yet ready for use.
By the way, the unripe fruit of the fruit in question can be eaten, but only after heat treatment - it is added to hot meat dishes, casseroles are made from flesh.
Papaya - quite unusual, but this is not a less useful, exotic fruit.