Root of parsley: useful and harmful properties
Parsley leaves are the habitual greens for each table.But that many root crops have no less valuable properties, many forget.Nevertheless, they are grown independently on country sites and on an industrial scale.What is the use of the root of parsley and whether there can be any harm from its use, you will learn from this article.
Interesting! Parsley is considered one of the oldest plants.It was cultivated in ancient Rome and Greece.
Composition and calorie
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- calories: 51 kcal
- Proteins: 1.5 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
- Carbohydrate: 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber: 3.2 g
- Water: 83 g
The complete chemical composition of the root crops is very saturated .It contains:
- food fibers;
- organic acids;
- Ash and starch;
- mono- and disaccharides;
- essential oils;
- vitamins - A, B1, B6, B2, B9, C, E, PP, K;
- mineral group - iron, potassium, phosphorus, sodium, magnesium, calcium.
For 100 g of the product there are only 51 calories, so such a vegetable will be a real treat for those who strive to maintain their physical form or lose weight.
The benefits of parsley roots have long been noticed by both ordinary consumers and folk healers. Their beneficial effect is manifested in the following qualities:
- effective means for whitening face and remove the inflammation of the skin;
- rapid treatment of fungal diseases of the skin and lichen;
- normalization of metabolism, which has a beneficial effect on blood composition and weight;
- improving the digestive system;
- normalization of the excretory system and kidney function;
- elimination of toxins, slags, heavy salts;
- elimination of symptoms of prostatitis and effective therapy of this disease;
- relief from scarlet fever and measles;
- normalization of the level of glucose and cholesterol in the blood;
- is a mild but effective diuretic;
- prevention of vision loss and cardiovascular diseases.
Interesting! It is believed that parsley, like no other product, promotes masculine health and increased potency.Therefore, its presence in the diet of the strong half of humanity should be regular.
also useful properties of parsley root were observed in the treatment of:
- allergies of various origins;
- inflammatory processes of mucous gums, tongue;
- bad breath;
- acne and other facial skin defects.
You can apply parsley roots in fresh as well as in dried form.They perfectly retain their properties and are easily suitable for the preparation of vitamins for the winter.
Traditional healers also use juice and teas for different recipes on the basis of parsley root in the treatment of:
- renal spasms;
- malfunction of the menstrual cycle;
- diarrhea and constipation.
Important! Broths from parsley are an excellent stimulant for lactation, therefore they are recommended to be introduced into the diet by nursing mothers.But pregnant women, on the contrary, should limit the use of this product, especially in the second and third trimester.
contraindications to the use of parsley roots can be diseases such as nephritis and cystitis.
If the kidney or other organs of the urogenital system, there are stones, before the inclusion of such product in the daily menu should consult a specialized physician.
Useful advices for
There are quite a lot of recipes based on parsley roots, from them you can pick up the one that is useful for a particular case.
- If you suffer from bloating, 2 tbsp.L.Dried root roots, pour 0.5 liters of boiling water.Cover the container, and let it stand in this form for 15-20 minutes, then strain and take as a cup of tea half a cup 4 times a day.
- If you are susceptible to edema formation, 1 tbsp.L.Fresh crushed root pour 1 tbsp.Hot water and boil on low heat for about 10 minutes.Take such a decoction in half a glass 2 times a day.
- From hair loss, you must rub the broth from the roots after each washing into the scalp.You can also rinse hair with this composition.
- Juice from the roots of parsley will help to smooth out the complexion, remove any rash, make less visible the scars, remove excess fat if it is rubbed lightly into the skin and left for 15 minutes.To enhance the effect, you can add 2 tablespoons to a glass of juice or decoction of the roots.L.Lemon juice.