Blueberries: good and bad
Blueberry is called surprisingly delicious blue-black northern berry( and berry bushes - too) with a pleasant tart and sweet taste and exceptionally useful properties.
This "original" name was given to this berry for its natural color, as well as the coloring qualities of the juice, due to the presence of anthocyanin in the organic dye.And now even in the "official" tinted classification of the blue palette there is a "blueberry" paint.
Berries and blueberry leaves are applied in:
Bilberry is also used in textile industry for fabric dyeing.
Nutritional value and chemical composition of blueberries
- Calories: 44 kcal
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Fat: 0.6 g
Show the full list »
- Carbohydrates: 7,6 c
- Dietary fiber: 3.1 g
- Organic acids: 1.2 g
- Water: 86 c
- Mono- and disaccharides: 7.6 c
- Ash: 0.4 c
- Calcium 16 mg Magnesium
- 6 mg Sodium
- mg Potassium 51 mg
- Phosphorus 13 mg
- Vitamin PP: 0,3 mg
- Vitamin B1( thiamine): 0.01 mg
- Vitamin B2( riboflavin) 0.02 mg Vitamin C
- 10 mg
- Vitamin E( TE): 1.4 mg
- Vitamin PP( niacin equivalent): 0.4 mg
- Iron: 0.7 mg
Blueberries- healing herb with unique rejuvenating properties.And its composition is entirely useful for the human body matter.Bilberry is rich in sugars, tannins, useful acids( apple, lemon).It has a lot of carotene and vitamin C, there are B vitamins and provitamin A.
And most importantly, all its useful chemical composition the bilberries can store in any form - fresh, boiled, frozen or dried.And not only fruits are useful, but also berries.They are also boiled, steamed and dried for a variety of purposes.
How useful blueberry
The benefits of blueberries are due to its composition and exceptional qualities - astringent, cleansing, anti-inflammatory and, of course, rejuvenating. To the human body, it assists:
- in case of malfunctioning of the digestive system;
- in the process of clearing of toxins and slags;
- in the fight against colds and diseases of the upper respiratory tract;
- in the increase of dopamine( the "happiness hormone").
Blueberry soup or kissel can stop diarrhea.A fresh berries can cure such a terrible disease of the gums, as scurvy. In addition, in dentistry, bilberry is also used in the treatment:
- of gingivitis.
The positive effect of blueberry berries on visual acuity has been proved.They( as well as dishes from them) are included in the diet of patients with various eye diseases.A bilberry extract( in combination with extracts of fennel, chamomile, ovary and sea buckthorn) is used to create a number of ophthalmic preparations. And then the useful properties of blueberries work in their entirety:
- improves the blood supply to the ocular retina;
- promote the regeneration of eye tissues;
- improve vision and increase its field;
- relieve fatigue from the eyes.
Even with the help of blueberry extract, it is possible to effectively treat conjunctivitis of various etymologies.A decoction of blueberry leaves heals small wounds, burns and helps cope with a wet eczema.
Blueberries are actively used in gerontology, including in the rations of the elderly for general improvement of well-being and normalization of blood flow in the brain.It is also suitable for men with diabetes mellitus.And of course, blueberry berries are useful for people recovering from severe illnesses or recovering from previous operations.
What harms blueberries
However, blueberries have not only useful but also harmful qualities. You can not, of course, talk about any noticeable harm to blueberries, but the use of this berry( especially in a dried form) should be limited to patients with problems:
- bile ducts.
Contraindications of blueberries are also relevant for people suffering from severe constipation.
Blueberries are delicious and on its own.But with sugar will taste better.Although less useful - especially for those who are dieting and are going to lose a couple of hated extra pounds.
From bilberry berries cook jams, jams, kissels and compotes.Make jelly and mousse.Just rub through a sieve in puree for baby food.
Fresh bilberries and jam are baked with amazing open pies.Make thin pastille and jam, toppings for ice cream and desserts.
Recommendations for the preparation and harvesting of blueberries
It is recommended to collect blueberries from the middle of July.And immediately cook.And it is better to dry.So it is more useful.Only dry the berries should be correct:
- First thoroughly rinse, dry and dry, peeling the berries crumpled, bursting and moldy.
- Prepared berries are treated first with an aqueous solution of pectin, and then with lemon juice.And drain excess fluid.
- Processed blueberries are laid out in a thin layer on special screens, which are then sent to the electric dryer for dehydration.
- The drying process in the electric dryer lasts from 4 to 12 hours.The berries are dry, but firm.And they keep all their useful qualities in full.
You can dry blueberries in natural conditions, but the process will naturally take longer.It will take several days, subject to good weather.