Pangasius: Benefit and Harm
In the shop windows you can find a pangasius fillet - a Vietnamese fish called a "catfish".The low cost of the product is of interest to the public, but one should pay close attention to the quality of this product.The matter is that in December, 2013 the Russian veterinarians checked pangasius, as a result of which a decision was made to ban the import of this product to Russia.The reason was the presence in the fish of antibiotics, hormonal and antibacterial agents.
Pangasius: chemical composition and properties
This aquatic creature is not large in size - one fish weighs approximately 1-1.5 kg.There are two kinds of pangasius: Siamese and Bokorta.
- Calories: 89 kcal
- Proteins: 17.2 g
- Fat: 5.1 g
Show the full list »
- unsaturated fatty acids: 1.2 g
- Water: 76.7 g
- Cholesterol: 70.0 mg
- Ash: 1.0 g
- Vitamin A: 0.010 mg
- Vitamin B1: 0.2 mg
- Vitamin B2: 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B6: 0.1 mg
- Vitamin B9: 17.0 g
- VitaminC: 1.2 mg
- Vitamin E 1.0 mg
- Vitamin PP: 2.0 mg
- Iron: 1.0 mg
- Potassium: 240.0 mg of
- Calcium: 50.0 mg
- Magnesium: 20.0 mg
- Sodium: 50.0 mg
- Sulfur: 180.0 mg
- Phosphorus: 210.0 mg
- Chlorine: 50.0 mg
- Iodine: 50.0 g
- Cobalt: 20.0 g
- manganese: 60.0 g
- Copper: 60.0 g
- Molybdenum: 4.0 ug
- Nickel: 6.0 ug
- Fluorine: 25.0 g
- Chromium: 55.0 g
- Zinc: 450.0 g
If the canned catfish is grown in good conditions and received a balanced feed, the chemical composition of the fish contains vitamins A, C,E, group B, as well as micro- and macroelements( magnesium, iron, potassium, sodium, calcium copper, zinc, selenium, chromium).In addition, in pangasius there are fatty and organic acids, enzymes, amino acids.The lack of carbohydrates and the presence of complex fats and easily digestible proteins allows people to lose weight by eating this fish.
pangasius Benefits: Myth or Reality
believed that pangasius is useful for people suffering from cardiovascular diseases and diseases of the gastrointestinal tract.Of course, we are talking about fish that grew up in natural conditions, and not on a farm.After all, in the latter case, the ratio of benefit and harm directly depends on what food and additives were used for the rapid growth of pangasius. In general, this fish is attributed such useful properties:
- mineral substances improve memory, restore brain activity, regulate pressure;
- vitamins normalize skin condition;
- Organic acids promote vision improvement, help in the fight against nail brittleness and hair loss;
- calcium strengthens bones and joints, restores the functionality of the musculoskeletal system;
- fatty acids help prevent early development of osteoporosis, atherosclerosis;
- antioxidants are involved in the removal of free radicals, thus preventing the early aging of cells, tissues and organs.
Nutritionists say that regular consumption of pangasius will relieve chronic fatigue, improve the quality of sleep and allow you to withstand stress.
Harm from the use of pangasius: be on your guard
Pangasius itself is not a harmful product.This is evidenced by numerous tests and tests.
However, the conditions in which it is grown on fish farms in Vietnam are often unfavorable:
- contaminated water bodies;
- Failure to comply with basic safety measures;
- use of chemicals to accelerate the growth of fish( ie to increase the turnover);
- application of low-grade feeds.
Therefore, when buying pangasius, you should pay attention to its quality( appearance, smell).Too low price should alert you: a good product can not cost a penny.
There is a category of people to whom pangasius is contraindicated:
- persons who have intolerance to marine products, fish;
- people with severe gastrointestinal diseases;
- small children( risk of accidental ingestion of small bones).
However, these contraindications are general in nature and can be applied to any variety of fish.During pregnancy, you can use pangasius in your diet if you are sure of the good quality of the product.
How to distinguish pangasius from other fish
Sometimes pangasius fillets are given for marine language( in fact, the last seafood is more expensive). To distinguish these types of fish, you should familiarize yourself with the characteristics of Pangasius :
- fillet has a color from white-pink to gray( a darker shade indicates a poor quality of fish);
- Pangasius has a not very pleasant mild odor;
- in the middle of the fillet( from the ridge) is a noticeable strip of pink-brown color;
- on the sides of the fillet there is a fatty layer.
How to cook pangasius: recipes and recommendations
There are a lot of recipes for cooking this fish.Pangasius can be boiled, baked, fried, stewed, cooked in a multivark or a double boiler.This product is often used for preparation of jellied, salads, fish soup.
Pangasius perfectly combines with such products:
- vegetables( fresh, boiled, fried, braised, canned);
- grain bread;
- cream, sour cream.
The dishes are best seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice and spices.It should be remembered that this fish is prepared very quickly, so do not use long-term heat treatment: so you can lose most of the nutrients.