String beans: benefit and harm
The origin of green beans still remains controversial.Some historians claim that it was part of the daily diet of the inhabitants of the ancient civilizations of Egypt and Greece.Others insist that this culture was brought much later and fell into the countries of Europe after the discovery of America.
Today, the product is used for cooking various cold and hot dishes, soups and even as a cosmetic.In total, over 200 varieties of this culture are known.The most popular among Slavs and Europeans are: white, yellow, red and purple beans.
Some of the varieties of green beans( "Akito" and "Ad Rem") have a distinct flavor and taste of mushrooms.They are very unpretentious and give a good harvest even in dysfunctional years.
Interesting fact: was originally suitable for food, only the grains of this bean were considered.And only since the 17th century the Italians introduced a new fashion in connection with the appearance of softer varieties - the use of young shoots entirely.
Composition of the product
In order to understand whether or not there is any benefit to the green beans, it is necessary to consider its chemical composition in more detail.
Nutritional value of 100 g:
- Proteins 5 g
- Fats 3 g
- Carbohydrates 3 g
- Dietary Fiber 4g
- Water 90 g
It contains such elements:
- proteins, fats and carbohydrates;
- water and dietary fiber;
- fatty acids;
- monosaccharides, ash, starch;
- organic acids;
- minerals - potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iron, sodium, calcium;
- is a rich vitamin group - A, B1, B5, B9, B6, B2, C, PP, E.
The caloric content of the product is only 24 units per 100 grams, so it is advisable to include it in dietary food and in the menuThose who aspire to a healthy lifestyle.
The value of culture is not exaggerated. String beans are capable of:
- improve the digestive system;
- beneficial effect on the respiratory system, which manifests itself in the treatment of bronchitis;
- stimulate the process of hematopoiesis in general and the production of red blood cells in particular;
- to assist in the therapy of rheumatism and dermatological diseases;
- to normalize the metabolism;
- maintain a balance of carbohydrates and glucose, which is priceless for people with any form of diabetes.
As part of this legume culture there is so well known to modern ladies arginine, the natural properties of which contribute to the increase of skin elasticity, its recovery, as well as lowering of blood sugar level.Also, string beans can have a soothing and antimicrobial effect.
Interesting fact: is a popular belief among the people that beans are "meat for the poor", as it is a rich source of protein.And Napoleon Bonaparte very much welcomed her on his table, believing that it gives strength to the muscles and sharpness of the mind.
Harm and contraindications
String beans are somewhat specific, albeit familiar to us, vegetable culture. Contraindications to its use or reduction of the amount of the product in the daily menu are as follows:
- is not recommended for acute gastrointestinal diseases;
- is undesirable use if there is gastritis in chronic form or a stomach ulcer, 12 duodenal ulcer;
- is diagnosed with acute / chronic colitis, cholecystitis;
- has cardiac disturbances, in which excessive pressure on the vessels is not permissible.
Excessive consumption of green beans can provoke:
- dysfunction of the digestive tract;
- relapse of cholelithiasis and urolithiasis.
Important! Pregnant and lactating women should use caution with dishes with green beans.Also it is necessary to refrain from introducing it into the diet of children under 2 years old.
In folk medicine, the useful properties of green beans have been noticed for a long time and are used successfully.
Scuffed grains are sprinkled with burns and inflammation of the skin with the aim of prompt healing of wounds.Decoction of pods without seeds, for the preparation of which take 1 tbsp.L.Product for 2 cups of water, used as a diuretic or to improve the condition with rheumatism.The daily norm includes a 3-fold intake of 0.5 cups.
If 15 g of pods are boiled in 200 ml of water, a decoction can be used to restore carbohydrate metabolism and improve the condition in diabetes.
To whiten and tighten the skin, remove inflammation and saturate it with nutrients, make a decoction of white bean varieties.Water after cooking grains used for washing.And the grains themselves can be crushed carefully with a fork so that the skin does not get caught, and this mixture is applied a thick layer on the skin in the form of a mask once a week.