Levitra: brief instructions for use, analogs, side effect
Jul 04, 2018
Violation of potency can occur for many reasons.However, most men do not go to the doctor, but prefer to get an instant result with the help of various medications.Levitra is one of the most popular. But before taking the drug or its analogs, you need to carefully study the instructions, or even better, consult a specialist. Principle of operation Brief instruction for use Contraindications to use Side effects Combination with other drugs Analogues Levitra
Principle of action
Nitric oxide stimulation produces nitric oxide, thereby achieving an erection.CGMP is activated, which helps to relax the smooth muscles and improve the blood filling of the genital organ.
Important! The main component, which is part of the Levitra analogues in one or another concentration, is vardenafil.
Levitra is used to treat disorders of potency associated with the difficulty of achieving and maintaining a firm erection.
Quick Instructions for Use
Levitra is taken at least one hour before intimacy.On average, the drug begins to act after 20 minutes.The initial dose is 10 mg of
When using analogues, the dosage is selected individually depending on the chosen preparation.
Important! Tablets can be taken in advance.Studies have shown that the effect will be pronounced if the agent is used five hours before intimacy.
Patients with moderate renal and hepatic impairment should be taken at a dosage of 10 mg, gradually increasing the dose, if no side effects occur.
Take the drug no more than once a day.The product is compatible with alcoholic beverages, but in some cases the effect of the drug may begin later.
Contraindications for use
Levitra is well tolerated and rarely causes side effects.To minimize this factor, it is necessary to carefully study the instruction.
The contraindications list includes the following conditions:
- hypersensitivity to the drug components;
- reception of donors of nitrogen and nitrates;
- hereditary degenerative diseases of the retina;
- recently suffered a heart attack or stroke;
- limitations of sexual activity in heart pathologies;
- arterial hypotension;
- severe liver pathology;
- hemodialysis at the initial stage of kidney disease.
The drug is not recommended to be taken on an empty stomach with peptic ulcer and increased tendency to bleeding.
Side effects of
Generally, when dosage is maintained, Levitra does not cause side effects. The instructions give side effects that can be observed in men:
- increased sweating and sensation of fever;
- decreased visual acuity;
- sleep disorders and headache;
- general malaise;
- ringing in the ears;
- bleeding from the nose;
- stomach pain;
- rash, erythema;
- allergic reactions;
- shortness of breath, nasal congestion;
- dry mouth, nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting;
- heartbeat, tachycardia, angina pectoris.
These side effects manifest themselves in a mild form and eventually pass.However, it is worth remembering a possible overdose.In this case, symptomatic therapy is performed.
Combination with other drugs
Before proceeding with the drug, it is necessary to obtain information with other medications.
Some features of taking Levitra with other medicines:
- is not recommended to be taken concurrently with Erythromycin, as it doubles the concentration of vardenafil;
- Levitra is incompatible with Nicorandil;
- Rionavir disrupts the metabolism of liver cells and almost doubles half-life.Therefore, the recommended dose of Levitra is not more than 10 mg;
- Levitra is not recommended for use with ketoconazole, since it increases the concentration of the components fourfold;
- the process of removing vardenafil is significantly slowed down by the use of drugs that suppress HIV protease.
No careful studies of the compatibility of vardenafil and nitrates have been carried out, therefore Levitra and its analogues with nitrates are prohibited.
It's worth noting that Levitra is quite an expensive drug.However, there are many analogues, in the composition of which the same active component.The drugs have the same effect, they have identical contraindications, but are much more affordable.
The most famous analogues of Levitra are:
- Awitr.Tablets with a dosage of 10, 20 and 40 mg.Used to stimulate the erection and increase the duration of the act.The effect lasts 12 hours.
- Lovevitra.A popular analogue of Levitra.The content of the active ingredient is in the same dosage as in the original.The effect is manifested after a few minutes after administration and lasts up to 10 hours.
- Snovita.Contains 10 mg of vardenafil.Has a similar effect.It is combined with alcoholic beverages.The drug lasts up to seven hours.
- Snovita Vardenafil.The dosage of the active ingredient does not exceed the standard dosage, however, the drug lasts much longer.
- Levitra gel.Produced in the form of a gel.Packed in disposable bags.Take a quarter of an hour before sex.The drug remains for 12 hours.
The above analogs have the same contraindications and side effects.When hypersensitivity to the main component is recommended to abandon the drug and use other means to improve the potency.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, the doctor of the sexopathologist-andrologist of 1 category