Omez: instructions for use, analogues
Jul 04, 2018
Omez is widely used for the treatment of gastrointestinal diseases and diseases.The drug is sold in different forms and dosages and has a pronounced antiulcer effect.Meanwhile, it has contraindications, therefore it is recommended to be taken only after consultation with a qualified specialist.Table of contents: General information Efficacy of omezes What is Omez used for: indications for admission Form and dosage Adverse reactions Contraindications and additional recommendations Drug interactions Analogues Omeza Storage conditions and shelf life
Omez is an antiulcer medication that belongs toTo a group of proton pump inhibitors, or a proton pump. In fact, the latter is an enzyme that takes an active part in the process of producing hydrochloric acid. It is an excessive amount of hydrochloric acid that often leads to the development of various gastrointestinal diseases.
The active substance of Omeza is omeprazole. It acts as a blocker of the enzyme necessary for the production of hydrochloric acid.Thanks to him, the level of basal and stimulated secretion decreases, regardless of the reasons that provoked it.
Please note! Along with the drug Omez, the preparation Omez D. is also produced. It includes an auxiliary component - domperidone, which has a pronounced antiemetic effect.In addition, the drug tones the lower sphincter of the esophagus, enhances the intestinal motility and promotes the removal of processed masses from it.
In medical practice, Omega is prescribed for a variety of diseases and conditions, beginning with those characterized by mild currents and ending with those that grow into chronic forms.
Effectiveness of Omeza
The effect of the drug is rapid.Relief begins 60 minutes after it has been ingested, and the curative effect persists for 24 hours.The maximum effect is fixed 2 hours after taking the medication.
Important! Absorption is carried out in the gastrointestinal tract, metabolic processes occur in the liver, and the drug is excreted by the kidneys.
After withdrawal, the secretory activity of the glands normalizes within 3 to 5 days.The time of ingestion does not affect the effectiveness of the drug.
What is Omez used for: indications for admission
Omez is prescribed for treatment:
- of hyperacid gastritis - that is gastritis, in which the acidity of gastric juice rises;
- peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach;
- lesions of the mucous tract with anti-inflammatory, analgesic, antipyretic non-steroid drugs;
- gastroesophageal reflux is a condition in which liquid food is thrown into the esophagus from the stomach;
- pancreatitis - inflammation of the pancreas;
- stress ulcers;
- systemic mastocytosis, or skin-visceral, which is characterized by lesions of the intestine;
- polyendocrine adenomatosis - pathology is characterized by the appearance of tumors in the endocrine glands.
Also, the drug is prescribed as part of complex therapy to eliminate the erosive and ulcerative pathologies of the intestines and stomach, provoked by the bacteria Helicobacter pylori.
Important! Despite the wide range of action of the drug and positive reviews, it is necessary to take it only after excluding the presence of malignant tumors.Its active substances can hide the true causes of the ailment and lead to the formulation of an erroneous diagnosis.
Form release and dosage
The preparation can be purchased as:
- Intestinal-soluble capsules, each containing 20 mg of omeprazole, and a number of additional components.They are transparent gelatinous shells with a pink lid and white granules.In each package, 3 plates with 10 capsules are inserted.
- Gelatin capsules Omez D. They are characterized by the presence of white powder in white capsules with a violet cover.Contain 10 mg of omeprazole and domperidone, as well as additional components.They are realized in strips in cardboard packages.
- Powder Omez Insta.Produced in bags, each containing 20 mg of omeprazole and additional ingredients, including mint flavor.Designed for the preparation of a suspension.You can buy the powder in packs of 5, 10, 10 or 30 bags.
Please note! In any pathology, the capsules are swallowed whole, washed down with a small amount of water. It is not recommended to chew or open them, as this reduces the action of the medication. The fact is that enteric capsules are also acid-fast, which provides them with a direct hit in the intestine.Only in case of inability to swallow it is allowed to open the capsule, to mix its contents with 1 tbsp.L.Apple puree and immediately swallow, washed down with boiled water.Mixing granules with other beverages is not recommended.
The course of treatment is determined by a specialist based on the results of the tests and the diagnosis given. Most often in the case of Omezes, it is 2 to 8 weeks, during which the patient drinks 1 capsule once a day in the morning.In severe cases, the dosage is increased 2 times - up to 2 capsules per day.
If reflux-esophagitis occurs again, the course of treatment can be extended for 6 months.For the treatment of Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, the dose of the drug can be increased to 60-120 mg per day, taken in 2 divided doses.
Omez D is usually drunk twice a day on the capsule strictly 15 to 20 minutes before a meal.Omez Insta is bred in 1 - 2 tbsp.L.Boiled water at room temperature and drink half an hour before eating.In view of the fact that its action is aimed at arresting attacks of heartburn, it is recommended to drink 1 time per day at the time of the appearance of unpleasant symptoms.
Despite the fact that the drug is well tolerated by patients, physicians do not exclude the development of side effects from different organs and systems. It is about the appearance of:
- symptoms of pancytopenia, leukopenia, thrombocytopenia and other pathologies of the hematopoiesis system caused by impaired blood counts;
- depression, dizziness, headaches, insomnia, hallucinations, as well as increased excitability of the central nervous system, which are fixed in the presence of concomitant diseases;
- nausea, discomfort, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea, changes in taste, stomatitis on the part of the organs of the gastrointestinal tract;
- functional disorders of the liver, especially in patients with hepatitis;
- exudative erythema, a rash reminiscent of hives, itching, alopecia;
- muscle weakness, myalgia.
Eruptions on the skin are most often due to an allergic reaction to the components of the drug.In severe cases, there may be more dangerous manifestations - anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm or Quincke edema.
Please note! Very rarely, the drug causes general malaise, swelling, increased sweating.
Overdose of omeprazole is characterized by:
- drowsiness or increased excitability;
- visual impairment;
In this case, physicians prescribe gastric lavage and intake of enterosorbents - activated charcoal.Additional medications can be prescribed to relieve symptoms.
Important! Prolonged reception of omeza is fraught with the emergence of grand cysts in the stomach.Meanwhile, they are benign neoplasms and are amenable to treatment.
Some patients report the appearance of intestinal spasms and hyperprolactinemia in women - a condition in which the pituitary gland produces too much prolactin hormone, which results in a disrupted menstrual cycle, frequent headaches.Then the doctor reviews the dosage and course of treatment and, if possible, replaces the drug with analogues.
Contraindications and additional recommendations
Admission of omeza is not recommended:
- In pregnancy and lactation, despite the fact that direct evidence of the harmful effects of medication on the body of pregnant women has not yet been revealed.An exception is a condition in which the doctor can not find a harmless analog.But even in this case, a woman is advised to consult a therapist and gynecologist.
- As a child.For people under the age of 18, taking Omega is undesirable, especially since during this period gastritis is usually treated with diets, and in severe cases - with light drugs such as Fosfalugel and Almagel.In extreme cases, the pediatrician can assign a half-dose to the student of Omese Insta.
- If hypersensitivity to any of the components of the drug.
- With intestinal or gastric obstruction.
- For tumors of the brain.
Important! Very carefully it is necessary to approach to reception of a preparation at a renal failure.The maximum dosage allowed by such a patient is 20 mg.
It should be noted that the simultaneous intake of omeza with iron-containing drugs violates the absorption of the latter.In addition, its active substance may worsen the process of assimilation of ketoconazole, itraconazole, ampicillin.
The following medicines are manufactured on the basis of omeprazole:
In addition, there are a number of medications with a similar effect on the body, but with a different composition.Among them:
Storage and shelf life
Store Omega recommended in a cool dry place away from children.The shelf life of the capsules is 3 years, and the powder is 2 years.
Omega is an effective drug for eliminating pathologies of the gastrointestinal tract.It is issued in different forms and in each individual case is assigned in different ways.The product has contraindications and side effects, therefore it is necessary to take it only after consulting a gastroenterologist and, if necessary, having completed the examination.
Совинская Елена, medical reviewer