Peony tincture: instructions for use, contraindications
Jul 04, 2018
When a peony is mentioned in thoughts, an image of a gentle flower immediately emerges, which pleases with its flowering in the beginning of summer.But not everyone knows that the closest relative of the decorative flower is the peony evading( marjin root), which belongs to medicinal plants and has a mass of useful properties.
The curative properties of the deviant peony were familiar to both Tibetan and Mongolian healers, and the first mention of the plant was found in the ancient Greek myth.Peony tincture has found its application in modern medicine - it is used as a sedative, hemostatic and anti-inflammatory agent.Maryin root is able to provide adaptogenic action, so drugs made on its basis help to recover faster after trauma or surgical treatment.
Despite the mass of positive properties, it is necessary to know all the features of taking the tincture of the pion, since this plant is poisonous.
Ingredients of tincture of the deviant
It is noteworthy that useful substances that can influence human health are contained not only in the roots of the deviant peony, but also in leaves and flowers.
- methyl salicylate - has analgesic effect;
- essential oils - have aromatherapy and weak antimicrobial effect;
- benzoic acid - provides the antifungal properties of the pion tincture;
- salicylic acid - has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect.
In addition, the drug under consideration contains glycosides, saponins and flavonoids.
Application of peony tincture
Thanks to its multicomponent composition, the drug under consideration is used in almost all directions of medicine. We will single out only a few moments when the appointment and reception of the pion tincture will be appropriate :
- complex treatment of vascular diseases - post-insult condition, cerebral circulatory disorders, pre-infarction and post-infarction;
- disorders of the gastrointestinal tract - peptic ulcer of the stomach and duodenum, hemorrhoids, gastritis with low acidity, intestinal colic of different origin, diarrhea and poisoning symptoms;
- removal of symptoms characteristic of central nervous system pathologies - anxiety, neuroses, headaches, insomnia, vegetovascular dystonia, phobias;
- with bruises and sprains, pains of rheumatic and articular nature;
- mitigating climacteric neuroses and manifestations of premenstrual syndrome;
- complex therapy for diseases associated with metabolic disorders - gout, thyroid dysfunction, urolithiasis.
In addition, pion tincture is recommended for use when it is necessary to increase immunity and performance - for example, if a person is often concerned about acute respiratory viral infections, there is a syndrome of chronic fatigue or asthenia.
Note: despite the many useful properties of the drug in question and the variety of its uses, peony tincture will never become a fundamental component of treatment.This tool can act only as an auxiliary element.
Pion tincture in gynecology
This drug is often prescribed for the treatment of gynecological diseases:
- Inflammatory processes and neoplasms.More often, tincture of the peony is recommended to be taken with the ovarian cyst, fibroids and / or uterine myoma, inflammation of the appendages, cervical erosion, polycystosis.In some cases, this drug is taken and within the framework of therapy aimed at getting rid of cancer.
- Problems with conception.Maryin root actively affects the hormonal system and metabolic processes in the body, so the plant will be useful in the treatment of infertility, the cause of which were hormonal disorders.Pion tincture can stimulate the increase in female hormones, and it also removes anxiety, which acts as a factor of psychogenic infertility( an obsession to become pregnant, strong experiences).
- Climax.Tincture of the peony will help to normalize and stabilize the menstrual cycle in the premenopausal and / or climacteric period.This same drug perfectly removes irritability and nervousness, relieves anxiety.
- Mastopathy.Tincture of the peony evasive has anti-inflammatory and resorptive properties, so it is useful to take it with mastopathy.
Peony tincture for men
This medicinal plant will be useful not only for women, many doctors recommend tincture of the peony of the deviant to use and men.
Firstly, marjin root refers to aphrodisiacs of plant origin and can be used to enhance the sexual activity of men .Secondly, pion tincture is able to regulate hormonal balance and therefore it will be useful to men who have too high a testosterone content.This hormone can provoke excessive sexual activity and even aggression, and the drug in question perfectly relaxes the nervous system and is shown to men with strong physical exertion or constant stress.
Use of pion tincture in cosmetology
This agent can be used to cleanse the face before applying the mask to it.Only you should know that in its pure form, the peony tincture can not be used for these purposes - there is a high risk of exfoliation and redness of the face, therefore it is diluted with ordinary water in a 1: 1 ratio.Pre-prepared tincture of the peony should be wiped face and those women who have acne and acne - the plant will have an antiseptic and drying effect.
This medication is also used for hair care, because the peony eliminates greasy shine, eliminates dandruff and stimulates blood circulation / nutrition of hair follicles. Applying the peony tincture as a hair care is easy and simple: it needs to be diluted with water in equal proportions.Then it is heated and warmly rubbed into the roots of the hair and scalp, aged for 10 minutes and shampooed the head with shampoo.A mask of pion tincture beauticians recommend doing no more than 3 times a week.
There are several rules for calculating the dosage of pion tincture, the duration of the course of admission. Things to remember:
- Peony tincture should be taken 15-20 minutes before eating.
- There should be a maximum of 3 doses per day, but usually two times a day is enough.
- Single dose is 30-40 drops, which is approximately 1 teaspoon.
- The course of treatment for peony tincture can be 2-4 weeks.
- The action of tincture of a peony after the use begins in an hour-one and a half, but this indicator depends on individual features of an organism and a degree of expression of symptoms.
- The duration of the peony tincture is 3 hours.
- The repeated course of taking the peony tincture is possible only after a few months, but its usefulness is determined by a specialist.
Note: no studies have been conducted on the effects of pion tincture on children's bodies, therefore in pediatric practice this drug is used only from 12 years.The principle of dosage in this case will be as follows - one year of age = 1 drop of pion tincture.
Overdose and contraindications
Peony evading, on the basis of which the tincture is prepared, refers to poisonous plants, so this drug is strictly contraindicated for use by pregnant women and breast-feeding mums .Particular attention should be paid to the inadmissibility of taking the pion tincture in pregnant women, since there are known cases of miscarriage at early stages and premature births.By the way, official medicine does not confirm these facts, but folk healers are sure of them, so it's definitely not worth risking future mothers.
There are a number of other contraindications:
- gastritis of a hyperacid nature and all diseases of the digestive system, accompanied by high acidity;
- hypotension( low blood pressure);
- obesity( tincture of the peony increases appetite);
- liver and kidney disease;
- Hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of the plant.
It should be noted that the tincture of the peony can cause a slight dispersion of attention, drowsiness, so it should not be taken to those people who are forced to be behind the wheel, or are engaged in labor activity, concentration of attention and concentration of ( for example, rescuers, doctors"First aid", industrial climbers and so on).
If the peony tincture is incorrectly applied, an overdose of the peony is possible, which will be evidenced by:
- increased drowsiness and general weakness;
- dizziness and aching headache;
- lowering blood pressure;
- abdominal pain on a background of nausea and rare vomiting;
- rashes, redness and itching of the skin.
If any of the above symptoms appear, immediately stop using the peony tincture and seek qualified medical attention.
Peony tincture is considered an effective sedative, sold in pharmacies without a prescription and is absolutely affordable.But this drug has no therapeutic effect, but can only support the body and accelerate the restoration of its functionality.Therefore, the independent reception of tincture of the pion is strictly not recommended, you need to consult a doctor and get recommendations on the appropriateness of using this sedative.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category