Spazmalgon: what helps and how to take
Jul 07, 2018
Spazmalgon is a drug that belongs to the category of analgesic non-narcotic substances.Spazmalgon is sold in pharmacies without a prescription, it is widely used by the population for the removal of pains of a spastic nature and few of the consumers get acquainted with the instruction for the use of this drug.And meanwhile, he also has contraindications to admission, he can provoke the appearance of side effects, and the dosage should be observed exactly.Table of contents:
Composition of Spasmalgon, dosage forms and pharmacological action
The present drug is available as a tablet and solution for intramuscular or intravenous administration. Composition of spasmalgone combination:
- fenpiperininium bromide;
- metamizole sodium;
This combination of analgesic and spasmolytic components leads to an increase in their pharmacological action:
- Pitofenone hydrochloride has a direct effect of myotropic nature on smooth muscle, this component acts on the principle of papaverine.
- Metamizole sodium - this substance is a derivative of pyrazolone and has not only an analgesic, but antipyretic effect.
- Fenpiperininium bromide - is able to block choline receptors, which causes the myotropic effect of the component on smooth muscles.
Indications and Uses of Spazmalgone
Many people drink Spazmalgon's tablets "about and without" - the stomach hurts, the heaviness in the head, the muscles "ache". Actually, in the official instruction for the drug in question, there is a clear differentiation of the conditions under which spasmalgon should be taken:
- colitis occurring in chronic form;
- colic intestinal;
- bladder spasm;
- biliary dyskinesia;
- spasm of ureters;
- condition after surgical removal of the gallbladder;
- painful menstruation.
Admission of the drug in question is also acceptable in the acute course of myalgia, sciatica, neuralgia, arthralgia, but only as a short-term treatment.
The doctor may prescribe Spazmangone and during the recovery from surgery, or after performing diagnostic procedures that are accompanied by pain.
Special instructions for use
The acceptance of the drug in question also has some characteristics - these are not just recommendations, but instructions that must be strictly observed:
- If Spazmalgon is taken, it is forbidden to take alcoholic beverages.
- In case of prolonged intake of the drug in question, it is necessary to control blood and liver - their condition may change.If a thrombocytopenia or agranulocytosis is detected during a control examination, Spasmalgon should be discontinued immediately.
- It is strictly forbidden to take the drug with acute pain in the abdomen - such a pathological condition may indicate the development of severe pathologies, and Spasmalgon will lubricate the clinical picture and make diagnosis more difficult.
- Intravenous administration of the drug is permitted only if there are problems with the absorption of Spasmalgon in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract.Spasmalgon solution should be injected very slowly, the patient should be in prone position during the procedure, the medical worker must constantly monitor the blood pressure readings.
- When taking the drug in question, the urine can be colored red - this is not a clinical phenomenon.
- With intramuscular injection of Spasmalgon, a long needle should always be used.
- If Spazmalgon is taken not once but by a therapeutic course, then drivers and people with a potentially dangerous profession need to be careful to ensure that there is no change in physical and mental reactions.
Contraindications to the use of Spasmalgon, possible side effects of
The tablet form of the drug in question is expressly forbidden for the following pathologies:
- renal failure;
- intestinal obstruction;
- hyperplasia of the prostate;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- chronic heart failure;
- oppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- hepatic impairment;
- children under 5 years.
Intravenous Spasmalgon is not given to children under 3 months of age or in the case of a small body weight( less than 5 kg). It is extremely cautious to take Spazmalgon to people who have a tendency to lower blood pressure.
Possible side effects
If the patient has an allergy to the components of the drug in question, he is not assigned. But in the absence of hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to Spasmalgon components during treatment, the following side effects may occur:
- lowering blood pressure;
- impaired renal function( eg, increased urination or anuria);
- increase in body temperature for no apparent reason, difficulty in swallowing, sore throat - signs of agranulocytosis.
If Spasmalgon is administered intravenously or intramuscularly, infiltration( compaction) may occur at the injection site.
The tablet form of the drug in question for adults and children over the age of 15 years is taken in a dose of 1-2 tablets 3 times a day .If you need to take Spazmalgon to children aged 12-15 years, you can take 1 tablet at a time, but not more than 6 tablets per day.Children's age of 8-12 years means taking no more than 4 tablets per day( one for each use), and at the age of 5-7 years the maximum allowable daily dose is 2 tablets( half the tablet 4 times a day).
Injection solution for acute severe colic injection of 2 ml, very slowly - at least 60 seconds per 1 ml of preparation .Intramuscularly injected a maximum of 5 ml of solution three times a day.
Note: daily dose of Spasmalgon solution should not exceed 10 ml, and the duration of treatment by injection can be 5 days and no more.
How to calculate the dose for intramuscular and / or intravenous administration of the drug in question to children:
- 12-15 years - maximum 1 ml intramuscularly or intravenously;
- 8-12 years - 0, 6 ml intravenously, 0, 7 ml intramuscularly;
- 5-7 years - 0, 4 ml intravenously, 0, 5 ml intramuscularly;
- 3-4 years - 0, 3 ml intravenously, 0, 4 ml intramuscularly;
- 1-2 years - 0, 2 ml intravenously, 0, 3 ml intramuscularly;
- 3-11 months - is administered only intramuscularly at the maximum daily dose of 0, 2 ml.
Most often, an overdose of Spasmalgon occurs when it is injected into the body.Symptoms of this condition will be severe pain in the epigastric abdomen, lowering of blood pressure, nausea and vomiting, increased drowsiness, convulsions.
If there is at least one of the signs of an overdose, then Spasmalgon should be discontinued.In the case of a severe overdose in a medical institution, the patient undergoes symptomatic therapy, gastric lavage.
Spazmalgon is an excellent analgesic that will help alleviate the condition in many diseases.But it must be taken in strict accordance with the instructions and then it will be possible to avoid undesirable, and sometimes even dangerous, consequences.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category