No-shpa - instructions for use, active ingredient, dosage
Jul 07, 2018
No-spa, perhaps the most popular drug among the population - it perfectly removes spasmodic pains, relaxing effect on smooth muscles.Many people take No-shp uncontrollably - it is realized in pharmacy chains without a prescription, pain relieves well, "and in general it is used by everyone".In fact, No-shpa refers to a group of myotropic antispasmodics and has some special features in the application - the study of the official instruction for the medication under consideration is necessary.Table of contents: Active ingredient and pharmacological action No-shps How does No-shpa work When can / do I need to take No-shpa Contraindications to use No-shps Application No-shps during pregnancy Allowed dosages No-shps Possible side effects Like No-The ASA interacts with other drugs
Active substance and pharmacological action No-shdi
The drug under consideration is manufactured in two different pharmacological forms :
- TableTKI No-spa. The main active substance is drotaverina hydrochloride , as auxiliary components are povidone, magnesium stearate, lactose monohydrate and corn starch.But-spa in tablets has a rather characteristic appearance - tablets of yellow-green color, biconvex and have "engraving" on one side in the form of three letters "spa".
- Solution for injection.Produced in ampoules of dark glass, which contain 2 ml of the drug.The main active ingredient is drotaverine hydrochloride, only sodium disulphate, ethanol and water for injection are worth mentioning.But-shpa for injection is a solution with a characteristic greenish-yellow hue, transparent.
How does the No-spike
The main active substance of the drug under consideration( drotaverin) not only has a powerful antispasmodic effect, but also reduces the intensity of the progression of the inflammatory process in the muscle tissues, improves the blood supply of the organ in which the spasm occurred, and reducesedema. The most effective No-shpa in the case of smooth muscles, that is, it can relax the muscle fibers located in the organs of the gastrointestinal tract, biliary and urinary systems.
Note: , the main active substance does not affect the mechanism of pain sensitivity, so the No-Shpa never makes a clinical picture for acute lubricated conditions - this distinguishes the drug from classic analgesics( analgesics).
After the patient has drunk the No-shpa pill, the main active substance is quickly absorbed and distributed throughout the tissues, penetrating directly to the smooth muscle.Drotaverin does not enter the central nervous system and has no effect on the autonomic nervous system, but can overcome the placental barrier.The maximum concentration of the drug under consideration during oral administration is reached in an hour.
If the No-shpa was introduced into the body by intravenous or intramuscular route, the maximum effect will be achieved after 30 minutes.
The complete excretion of the main active substance from the body occurs in 72 hours, kidneys and intestines are involved in the process.
When it is possible / necessary to take a No-shdu
If we consider only the official version of the instructions for this medication, the indications for its use are:
That is, No-shpa can be used for spasms of smooth muscle tissue in diseases of the urinary system, bile ducts.But No-shpa can be taken and used as an aid in the therapy with other drugs. For example, it proved to be effective enough to prove itself with spasms of the smooth musculature of the gastrointestinal tract:
- spastic colitis, followed by constipation;
- irritable bowel syndrome;
- spasms of the cardia of the stomach;
- a violation of the functionality of the sphincter of Oddi;
- peptic ulcer of the duodenum and stomach.
No-shpa helps to relieve pain when menstruating, but only if it is not pathological, but accompanying dysmenorrhea.
Please note: is not at all effective for headaches that are caused by migraine or vegetovascular disorders.Tablets No-shpa can be taken from a headache only if it is provoked by excessive stress.
Contraindications to use No-shdi
There are a number of conditions that are contraindications to the use of the drug in question:
- intolerance of hereditary glycosense monosaccharide;
- renal failure occurring in severe form;
- glucose-galactose malabsorption syndrome;
- severe degree of heart failure;
- deficiency of lactase( contraindication refers only to the tablet form of No-shpy);
- is an individual intolerant of sodium disulfate( contraindications concern exclusively solution for injections).
In addition, No-spa should not be used by women in the lactation period - there are no clinical data on whether the main active substance of the drug in question is entering the mother's milk.
Note: children under the age of 6 years are strictly forbidden to give No-shpa tablets, and up to the age of 18 there is a ban on the use of injection solutions.
Very carefully, doctors prescribe the drug under consideration to people who have been diagnosed with arterial hypotension( low blood pressure) because of the high probability of collapse.Cautions are also being made No-shpy appointments for pregnant women are the prerogative of specialists, it is impossible to take the drug on their own.
Application No-shpies for pregnancy
This drug is often prescribed to pregnant women, but only in the early stages. This is due to the fact that No-shpa is able to reduce the tone of the uterus and reduce the threat of spontaneous miscarriage, but such appointments are only relevant if there is a real risk of miscarriage.Such caution is due to the fact that the active substance is able to penetrate the placenta into the fetus and, despite the fact that clinical trials have confirmed the safety of the No-shpa for intrauterine development, doctors are reinsured.
It is absolutely forbidden to take the medication in question to pregnant women during the period of labor - this can lead to atonic bleeding in the postpartum period.
Allowed dosages No-shdi
Tablets can be taken on their own( which most people do), but not longer than 3 days in a row - if the pain is still present, it is advisable to seek help from specialists. And the usual dosage of taking the tablet form of the drug in question is as follows:
- children age from 6 to 12 years - a maximum of 80 mg per day, this amount should be divided into two doses;
- children age from 12 years - a maximum of 160 mg per day, this amount can and should be divided into at least 2 admission, if convenient, then for 4 admission;
- adults - a maximum of 240 mg per day, divided into 3 doses, but not more than 80 mg per use.
Take No-shpay tablets 60 minutes after the main meal, with plenty of water.
Injection solution No-shpa is administered only by medical personnel and only after the appointment of a doctor.Of course, there are exceptions - patients with chronic diseases of the urinary tract and gall bladder / ducts receive appointments for treatment at home and, in case of an acute spasmodic attack, can inject themselves in the exact dosage prescribed by the attending physician.
Adult patients are injected No-shpy solution in an amount of 40-240 mg per day, dividing this amount by 2-3 injections.If the spasmodic pain is acute, then the No-shp is administered intravenously slowly, the dosage for one administration is a maximum of 80 mg, and the administration time of the drug should not be less than 30 seconds.
The effectiveness of the drug in question can be assessed by the patient himself - in a few minutes the intensity of the pain syndrome will decrease, and after a few hours the condition will return to normal and the pain will go away.
Please note: must be dosed when using / administering the drug in question.Exceeding the concentration of No-shpa in the human body can lead to a violation of cardiac conduction and rhythm, up to cardiac arrest.
Possible side effects
In general, the drug in question is well tolerated by patients, and only rarely can there be side effects:
- lowering blood pressure;
- edema at injection site by injection;
- headache, dizziness;
- disruption of the intestine - constipation.
It is extremely rare for the introduction of No-shpy to react to the body's immune system, but medicine knows cases of the development of an allergic reaction in the form of anaphylactic shock with a fatal outcome.If the patient has a history of bronchial asthma, then after the reception of No-shpa, acute development of bronchospasm is possible.
How the No-Shpa interacts with other medications
When appointing the drug in question, the doctor will definitely ask what other medicines the patient takes - it is necessary to avoid a "collision" between the two drugs, which can have a negative impact on health. If the person himself accepts No-shp from time to time, then he needs to remember the following:
- with the simultaneous reception of No-shpa and other antispasmodics, the effect of such drugs will increase;
- if a person takes No-shpu and Levodopa, then there may be a decrease in antiparkinsonian action, an increase in tremor and rigidity;
- decreased spasmogenic activity possible with a combination of Morphine and No-shpa solution;
- Phenobarbital will significantly enhance the antispasmodic effect of the drug in question;
- if a person takes No-shp simultaneously with drugs that have binding properties for plasma proteins, toxic effects may appear.
No-spa is a medicinal product that is not only well-known to people, but also widely advertised.It really does help to cope with spasmodic pains, but you need to take it carefully and in strict accordance with the official instruction.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category