Arrhythmia of the heart: symptoms and treatment
Arrhythmia is not a specific disease, but a group of heart rate abnormalities.Arrhythmia can be manifested by a decrease in the heart rate, and an increase, and simply a disorderly rhythm, when patients complain of a short-term cardiac arrest.Table of contents: Classification of arrhythmia Symptoms and causes of arrhythmias Treatment of arrhythmias Reflex effects Treatment of arrhythmia with folk remedies
Classification of arrhythmia
In medicine, there are several types of arrhythmia - each of them is characterized by symptoms and course, so it is necessary to diagnose not just an arrhythmia, but alsoAnd its specific form - the choice of therapeutic therapy will depend on the results.
Types of arrhythmias:
- Sinus tachycardia.The human heart rate increases and is above 90 beats per minute.
- Paroxysmal tachycardia.In this case, the heart works in the usual mode, without pathological abnormalities, but the heart beats very often - from 140 to 240 beats per minute.A distinctive feature of paroxysmal tachycardia is that the attack begins always suddenly and ends in the same way.
- Sinus bradycardia.Arrhythmia of this species is manifested by a decrease in the heart rate - in the patient this figure can be less than 55 beats per minute.
- Sinus arrhythmia.It is most often diagnosed in childhood and adolescence, characterized by a wrong alternation of heart beats.With this type of violation, no specific treatment is required, the patient's condition is not disturbed, and the normal rhythm of heartbeat can be quickly restored by ordinary respiratory arrest for several seconds.
- Fibrillating arrhythmia.Doctors characterize this kind of arrhythmia, like fluttering in the chest - the heart begins to contract faster( up to 150 beats per minute), then even faster( up to 300 beats per minute), the atria contract not completely, and the ventricles do it irregularly.
Note: flutter and fibrillation of the ventricles is considered the most dangerous manifestation of arrhythmia for human life.Usually this occurs against the backdrop of heart pathologies, electric shock, the taking of certain medications.Blockade of the heart..This also applies to the form of arrhythmia - a condition where the delivery of impulses to all parts of the myocardium stops.The pulse disappears, the heart rate decreases dramatically, the patient can enter into an unconscious state, a heart block can provoke a convulsive syndrome.
Note: if the patient develops a complete transverse blockage, this often becomes a provocation of heart failure, which can lead to sudden death.
Symptoms and causes of arrhythmias
Symptoms of arrhythmia can be completely different - from rapid heartbeat and anxiety to slowing heart rate, "fading" of the heart.In some cases, patients complain to the doctor of incomprehensible trembling in the chest - this condition will be characteristic of flickering arrhythmia.
In any case, if there are any violations in the heart rhythm, then this is the reason for the visit to a specialist.If you take lightly to these symptoms, then a banal tachycardia or another kind of arrhythmia can lead to a sharp deterioration in health and even sudden death.
The reasons for the development of any kind of arrhythmias can be excessive physical activity, overweight, severe heart disease, and disruption of the endocrine system.In each case, the doctor will conduct a complete examination of the patient to identify the cause of arrhythmia - so you can select and prescribe adequate treatment.
Treatment of arrhythmias
Physicians in the diagnosis of arrhythmia primarily begin to conduct therapeutic courses aimed at getting rid of the cause of the development of the considered violation of the heart rhythm.Most often, with positive dynamics and arrhythmia disappears, but in some cases it is advisable to prescribe medications with antiarrhythmic effect.There are means that can accelerate cardiac contractions( it is appropriate to use in diagnosed bradycardia), but there are drugs that have a retarding effect on the heart rate( used for flickering arrhythmia, tachycardia).
Drugs used in drug therapy for arrhythmias:
- calcium channel blockers - verapamil / diltiazem;
- beta-blockers - metoprolol / bisoprolol / atenolol;
- potassium channel blockers - cordarone / sotohexal;
- blockers of sodium channels - novocaine / lidocaine.
Cardiac glycosides, adenosine, potassium / magnesium salts can also be used. And when providing emergency care, the following can be used:
- atropine / dopamine / epinephrine - with bradycardia developing with loss of consciousness;
- verapamil / ATP - with tachycardia supraventricular;
- cordarone / lidocaine - ventricular tachycardia.
Patients with a paroxysmal or sinus arrhythmia attack( they should be diagnosed by a specialist!) Can help to quickly stabilize the condition with reflex effects. You can perform the following actions:
- click on the eyeballs - one click should last a few minutes;
- actively massage the neck with circular movements on both sides;
- press on the abdominal press and hold the pressure for a few minutes;
- make a few maximum deep breaths and shallow expiration;
- induce vomiting.
These "procedures" in almost every case manage to "switch" the attention of the central nervous system from the heart.
Note: any reflex action is strictly forbidden to render to people in old age( 60 years and older), with diagnosed acute myocardial infarction, stenocardia in severe stages, atherosclerosis of cerebral vessels.
Treatment of arrhythmia with folk remedies
There are many recipes from the category of traditional medicine for the treatment of various types of arrhythmias.If the attending physician has nothing against such therapy, and the state of health allows the use of medicinal herbs and various products for the preparation of medicines, then it is possible to safely include traditional treatment in a general set of therapeutic prescriptions.
The most popular recipes for the treatment of arrhythmias by folk methods are:
- Tincture of a cornflower.2 teaspoons of blue cornflower flowers pour 200-250 ml of steep boiling water and insist for 60 minutes.Then the infusion is filtered and taken at ¼ cup three times a day for 15 minutes before meals.
- Tincture made from lumbago.It takes 2 teaspoons of herb lobed grass - they are poured 300 ml of cold water and infused for at least 12 hours in a sealed container.Then the infusion is filtered and taken by 1/3 cup 2 times a day for 30 minutes before meals.
- Infusion from the roots of valerian.A tablespoon of the source is poured with warm water( room temperature is also suitable) in the amount of 200-250 ml and is infused for 10-12 hours.Then the product is filtered and used on a dessert spoon 4 times a day.
- Infusion of flowers of calendula.It will take only 2 teaspoons of this raw material, which is poured 400-500 ml of steep boiling water and insisted in a sealed container for 60 minutes.This drug is taken for 4 tablespoons 4 times a day at any convenient time.Asparagus infusion.It will be necessary to purchase young shoots of medicinal asparagus( it has nothing to do with the food product), grind them and pour 1 cup of boiling water.Infused for 2 hours, taken 2 tablespoons 4 times a day at any convenient time.This remedy is recommended to be taken within 3-4 weeks and it acts as a sedative, which is necessary to get rid of tachycardia.
In addition, in folk medicine, there are several not quite ordinary means for the treatment of arrhythmia.Believe in their effectiveness or not - it is purely voluntary, but you can try. These include:
- Onion + apple.You need to take 1 head of onions of medium size, peel it and chop it with a knife.Then, an apple of sweet and sour varieties is taken and also crushed( together with the peel).The two components are mixed, and a 1 teaspoonful is used 2 times a day between meals.The duration of such treatment is 30 days.
- Delicious and healthy salad.Take the root of the celery and grate it on a medium grater( it is impossible to crush it very much), it is added to it finely chopped parsley leaves, dill and sour cream.This delicious salad should be eaten in the evening, 15 minutes before dinner.
- Rosehip seeds.It is necessary to "extract" the seeds from the hips and completely clean them, but consider - you can not wash seeds!Should be 1 teaspoon of this raw material, which is poured 200 ml of steep boiling water.We insist in a closed container for at least 2 hours, then strain and add to it a teaspoon of honey.It is taken on ¼ cup 3 times daily before meals.The duration of such treatment is 30 days, then you need to take a break for 10-15 days and you can repeat the course.
Important! If you have any history of any kidney or urinary system, you should consult your doctor about the advisability of such treatment.
Treatment of arrhythmia will be more successful if the patient changes his lifestyle:
- will need to stabilize body weight - if obesity is observed, then you need to visit a nutritionist and adhere strictly to his recommendations;
- Excessive physical activity to exclude, but walking and elementary exercises as a morning exercise will prevent the development of hypodynamia;
- if the patient is exposed to stress, he has unmotivated irritation and outbursts of anger, then the help of the therapist will be needed - in some cases medications with sedative effect may be prescribed.
Note: can not perform any physiotherapy with diagnosed arrhythmia - this can provoke another attack.Such treatment is selected on an individual basis and in general is extremely rarely used by specialists in the framework of complex therapy.
Arrhythmias are serious enough irregularities in the heart that can occur with minimal symptoms or have a pronounced characterization.In any case, to stabilize the state of health and prevent the development of life-threatening pathological conditions, one must seek professional medical care.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.