Gemstone: symptoms, diagnosis, bowel cleansing from stones
Gemstone is a new formation formed from hardened clusters of stool.Appear in disorders of stool and irregular emptying of the intestine. Stool stones give their owner a lot of discomfort, pain and extremely unfavorable effect on the state of the immune system.Contents: How are they formed?From what arise?Cavity stone: symptoms What is the danger?Diagnostic measures How to get rid of fecal stones
How are they formed?
The calculus is formed in intestinal bends.The fact is that getting into the intestines, the food is subjected to active absorption processes, carried out thanks to a beneficial intestinal microflora.
In case of severe overeating, disturbances of microflora and other pathological conditions, human food does not have time to be processed, as a result of which some amount of stool is delayed in the intestinal area of .If this happens often, then the intestinal surface is filled with calves, and decay begins to develop actively.The remains of stools gradually become harder, turning into stone neoplasms of oval or round shape.
Note: The size of stool stones increases over time and can reach 15 centimeters in diameter!
What are the causes of?
There are a number of factors that can lead to the formation of fecal stones. It is customary to include the following:
- consuming a large amount of food( overeating);
- sedentary, sedentary lifestyle;
- frequent stressful situations and nervous shocks;
- improper drinking regimen;
- abuse of meat dishes and preservatives;
- long-term and uncontrolled reception of analgesic and antibiotic drugs;
- Parkinson's disease;
- hypotonic bowel disease;
- pathology in the structure of the rectum;
- disorders of intestinal peristalsis;
- increased susceptibility to constipation;
- disorders in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract;
- penetration into the intestines of foreign objects( hair, fish and berry pits, etc.);
- hemorrhoidal disease;
- polyposis of the rectum;
- Mental pathology;
- is a tumor of a benign or malignant nature localized in the intestinal region.
Important! One of the main causes of the formation of stool stones is improper nutrition with a large percentage in the diet of fatty and salty foods!
Gum stone: symptoms
The presence of stool stones in the intestine is usually manifested by the following clinical signs:
- unpleasant odor from the oral cavity;
- appearance in the language of the plaque is white;
- stool disorders;
- bitter taste in the oral cavity;
- bloating, flatulence;
- weakened immune system( increased tendency to catarrhal, infectious, respiratory diseases);
- appearance of an allergic rash;
- increased fatigue;
- anxiety, irritability;
- attacks of dizziness;
- increased sweating.
Important! Painful symptoms begin to appear more vividly as the size of stool stones increases.
When the calves are large in size, the patient's condition deteriorates noticeably.
The following symptoms begin to appear:
- painful sensations localized in the abdominal region;
- intestinal obstruction;
- Intestinal bleeding( manifested bloody impurities and clots in the feces masses);
- attacks of vomiting;
- disturbances of the process of urination;
- febrile state;
- strong constipation( defecation may be absent for more than two days);
This condition is a serious threat to the health and life of the patient, and therefore requires the provision of immediate professional medical care!
What is the danger?
Stool stones lead to impairment of intestinal functions and slowing of intestinal peristalsis.
This pathology leads to the development of the following complications:
- constipation occurring in chronic form;
- autoimmune diseases;
- allergic reactions;
- general intoxication of the body;
- appearance of malignant tumor lesions localized in the rectum.
Among the most dangerous for the patient complications of stool stone, doctors are allocated internal bleeding, intestinal obstruction.
Note: according to statistical data, more than 15% of cases of intestinal obstruction are due to the presence in the intestine of fecal calculous neoplasms!
An experienced expert can reveal large stool stones by the method of palpation, during the examination of the patient.
For the diagnosis of minor stone lesions, the following types of studies are required:
- computed tomography of the abdominal cavity.
Such complex diagnostics gives the specialist the opportunity not only to put an accurate final diagnosis, but also to get ahead of the size of stool stones, their exact localization.Based on the results obtained, the patient is assigned the optimal, most effective treatment for a particular clinical situation!
How to get rid of fecal stones
With a small amount of stool stones, doctors prefer to use conservative methods of treatment.
The following therapeutic methods are used for these purposes:
- Siphonic enemas.
- Taking laxative preparations( it is used only periodically, to avoid the development of addiction).
- Cleansing enemas, improving intestinal patency.A good effect gives microclysters and enemas with decoctions of such medicinal herbs as motherwort, lime blossom, chamomile pharmacy.Enema is recommended to be done daily for a week, after which to do a weekly break and again to repeat the treatment course.
Special attention should be paid to such an effective procedure as hydrocolonoscopy, which helps to maximize the removal of stool from the intestinal walls and allows cleaning the intestines of .A good effect is the use of glycerol suppositories.This method of treatment is especially recommended in the presence of stool stones in small patients.
Important! In some cases, carrying out hydrocolonoscopy with fecal calculi is strictly forbidden to patients!
This procedure is not applicable for the treatment of stool in the following cases:
- presence of calcaneous growths localized in the kidneys;
- oncological processes;
- alcoholism in chronic form;
- waiting period for the baby and lactation.
Large fecal stone lesions are removed surgically, and if the stone has reached the area of the rectum, the specialist can carefully remove it without performing the operation.An important stage of the therapeutic course is colonization of the intestine with a useful microflora, after getting rid of the patient from fecal stones.For this purpose, patients are given probiotics.
Important ! Methods of treatment of stool stones are prescribed by the doctor strictly individually!Only a doctor can prescribe to the patient some laxatives or recommend therapeutic procedures!
In the treasury of folk medicine, there are also recipes designed to combat caloric stone.
The most popular of these are:
- Orange treatment.For 2 weeks, the patient should consume two oranges a day.
- Castor oil cleaning.To prepare the product, it is necessary to warm the castor oil slightly, taken from the calculation of 1 gram per kilogram of weight.Squeeze a little lemon juice( half of the total amount of castor oil).In the morning drink warmed butter, drink it with lemon juice.Refrain from drinking and eating for the next 10 hours.This technique facilitates the emptying of the intestines, due to the laxative properties of castor oil, effectively cleanses the body of accumulated toxins and toxins, stimulates the immune system.
- Oil with apples effectively cleanses the body, has a laxative effect.This method is a finding for patients who have contraindications to the setting of enemas.On an empty stomach you need to drink a tablespoon of any vegetable oil.And then for a day to eat on the apple every couple of hours.Other food can not be taken, but from drinking only use heated water.Such cleaning of the body is recommended to be done once a week, for several months.
- Castor oil, famous for its laxative effect, softens stool stones and facilitates the process of removing them if you take a couple of tablespoons before going to bed.
Important! Folk recipes can be effective only with insignificant sizes of fecal stones!Before resorting to folk treatment, be sure to consult your doctor!
For successful disposal of stool stones, the patient must always follow the therapeutic diet recommended by the doctor!
During the therapeutic course, the patient should eat exclusively plant foods, preferring the following products:
- beets, cabbage, greens, carrots, cucumbers;
- juices are freshly squeezed;
- dried fruits;
- apples, peaches, grapefruit, orange.
Once a week, you can arrange a cleansing day, eating only fruits or juices.
Prophylaxis of fecal stones begins with the principles of proper nutrition .It is recommended to limit the content of fatty and meat dishes in the area to the maximum.Every day you need to eat vegetables and fruits, rich in vegetable fiber.
Moderate use of products such as eggs, rice, pastries, pasta and chocolate, as they can provoke the appearance of fecal stones.But green tea, nuts, oatmeal and bran - should always be on your table!
In addition, the following doctor's recommendations should be observed:
- drink at least 2 liters of fluid throughout the day;
- avoid overeating;
- timely to deal with constipation, if necessary use cleansing enemas;
- to engage in sports, lead a lively lifestyle;
- do not use medications without a doctor's prescription.
Compliance with these recommendations and regular visits to the gastroenterologist for preventive purposes will protect you from such an unpleasant disease as stool!
Elena Sovinskaya, medical reviewer