What you can eat with gout
Gout is a chronic, recurrent disease characterized by a violation of purine metabolism.With such a disease, the body accumulates salts of uric acid - urate.It is noteworthy that, first of all, such deposits concentrate in the kidneys and joints, leading to a violation of their functionality.We recommend reading:
Of course, the diet for gout is not a panacea, without the help of doctors, without taking certain medications the patient's condition is invariably worsening.But if you ignore the recommended diet and diet, gout will progress.Table of contents: Basic principles of diets for gout What can not be eaten with gout What can I eat with gout Most useful foods for gout Food for exacerbation of gout
Basic principles of diets for gout
To competently follow a diet for diagnosed gout, rememberIts basic principles.
- First, you need to significantly reduce the level of protein supplied to the body.The optimal daily amount of protein for a patient with gout is 1 gram of substance per 1 kg of the patient's weight.This is due to the fact that the protein contributes to the formation of just the uric acid in the human body, and her with gout and so an overabundance.
- Secondly, it is necessary to limit the use of salt - it will be enough 6 grams per day.And, this amount is included in marinades, soups, second dishes.
- Thirdly, it is absolutely necessary to drink 2, 5 liters of water a day and even more - it helps wash away the salts of uric acid from the body.But before you start drinking so much fluid every day, be sure to check that there are no diseases of the kidneys and urinary system.
Specialists say that patients with gout diagnosis should in no case be overeaten, and all foods should be eaten in a boiled form.
What can not be eaten with a gout
To stop the progression of gout, the patient must clearly know which foods are strictly contraindicated for consumption.And, doctors say that the list below should not be adjusted. So, that it is absolutely impossible to eat with gout:
- meat of young animals - for example, veal, lamb, chicken;
- any offal - language, brains, kidneys, liver, heart, lungs, pork legs, head, ears;
- any products containing cocoa and coffee tree fruits - chocolate, coffee drink, cocoa;
- fish of certain varieties - pike, sprat, herring, sardines;
- legumes - beans, lentils, beans, peas and peanuts;
- products with a high content of oxalic acid - spinach, sorrel, rhubarb, eggplant, radish, salad;
- sausage and smoked products;
- mushrooms and any dishes using these products, including those grown under industrial conditions;
- alcoholic beverages, including wine and beer;
- yeast and baked pastry;
- canned fish and meat;
- soups and broths from meat;
- cabbage colored and Brussels;
- cranberries and cranberries;
- salty salted, boiled, fried;
- cheeses of salted varieties;
- fish eggs of different varieties, including red and black.
You must definitely limit the number of the following products:
- jam from any berries and fruits;
- cookies are buttery, short-baked, dry;
- candy chocolate and caramel;
- salted and pickled vegetables;
- fats of animal origin - beef, pork.
What you can eat with a gout
Judging by the above list, the patients have the impression that from now on the food will be a boring and tasteless event.But this is not so!There are a lot of products that can be eaten with a diagnosed gout. These include:
- milk, all fermented milk products and milk soups in unlimited quantities;
- eggs quail and chicken in any form - boiled, fried, scrambled eggs;
- bread and pastry products from a yeast-free dough;
- zucchini, potatoes, carrots, cucumbers in unlimited quantities;
- cabbage in fresh, stewed and sour cream;
- various berries - watermelons, blueberries, cherries, cherries;
- many fruits - peaches, apples, pears, oranges, plums, apricots;
- chicken meat in boiled form;
- fish boiled, but except for those species that are included in the list of prohibited foods for gout;
- fruit compotes and juices, berry, vegetable;
- squash and eggplant caviar( although roasted and baked eggplants are prohibited);
- dill, parsley, bay leaf;
- tomatoes and pumpkin in unlimited quantities;
- vanillin and citric acid;
- vegetable oils, and preference is best given to flaxseed.
Doctors recommend a patient with diagnosed gout to drink alkaline mineral water - for example, Borjomi, Luzhanskaya, Essentuki 17, Semigorskaya.
The most useful food for gout
The list of allowed products for use in diagnosed gout is quite large, but experts identify only a few items that will be particularly useful. These include:
- Squash.They accelerate the excretion of water, uric acid and salts from the body.
- Potatoes.Has a diuretic effect, because the composition of this vegetable contains a high amount of potassium, but sodium in potatoes is very small.
- Pumpkin.It not only improves metabolic processes in the body, but also prevents the formation of urate stones in the kidneys.
- Cucumbers.They contain a lot of potassium and water, which together provides a diuretic effect - so the body derives salts and uric acid.
- Tomatoes.This is generally considered the most useful product for a patient with gout - they contain so many vitamins, microelements and active substances that they can be considered a medicine.
Food for exacerbation of gout
During the period of exacerbation of the examined disease, the doctor prescribes the patient specific medications and bed rest.But it will also be necessary to adjust even the diet that has already been observed. The correction is as follows:
- The basis of the food is liquid and semi-liquid food: mashed soups, viscous cereals, vegetable and fruit juices, dairy and sour-milk products, vegetable broths with mashed vegetables.
- From the menu you need to completely exclude meat and fish, including broths from these products.
- You can eat kissels and compotes in unlimited quantities.
- It is necessary to spend unloading days, during which you can consume only alkaline mineral water, vegetable and fruit juices, compotes and lemon juice diluted in water.
Nutrition for gout is an important part of a complex of therapeutic measures, so you must strictly adhere to the recommended diet.If you strictly follow the recommendations of a dietitian, gout enters the period of prolonged remission, which greatly facilitates the patient's condition.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category