Prostate massage: how is it done, indications, contraindications
Today, men are more often diagnosed with prostatitis.For elimination of a problem, apply medicamentous treatment, in a combination to massage of a prostate. The procedure can be performed only by a specialist - andrologist( urologist). Prostate massage is the action of a finger on the prostate gland, providing an outflow of secreted fluid from the body.The procedure is carried out for medical and diagnostic purposes.Massage stimulates the blood supply and lymph drainage, increases the supply of nutrients and oxygen to the body.Table of contents: Useful properties of prostate massage Indications for the procedure Classification Preparation for procedure Technique for performing prostate massage Contraindications to procedure
Useful properties of prostate massage
This procedure significantly improves the health status of men. Properly performed massage allows achieving the following results:
- restores the tone of the prostate;
- normalizes the outflow of secretion and the patency of the ducts of the organ;
- normalizes the outflow of venous blood;
- restores blood circulation, which improves the absorption of medications;
- sexual intercourse is prolonged;
- increases the potency.
Indications for procedure
Prostate massage has proven to be effective in the treatment of the following disorders:
- chronic pelvic pain;
- chronic prostatitis and its prophylaxis;
- inflammation in seminal vesicles;
- problems with potency.
Important! Massage is also used to produce a prostate secret for microscopic and culture studies.
Massage the prostate gland not only with your finger.For this purpose it is permissible to use special devices.
Types of massagers:
- vibrating.A slight vibration in the anus will provide blood flow;
- thermal.Promotes relaxation of the prostate;
- electrostimulating.Tones prostate tissue;
- magnetic.Has anti-inflammatory effect;
- mechanical.Restores tone and normalizes blood circulation.
Preparing for theprocedure
There are certain rules for preparing for a massage of the prostate that must be performed:
- The genitals and the anus must be clean.
- Before the procedure, it is recommended to make a warm enema.
- It is important to take a comfortable position of the body.
- Before the massage, you must wear gloves or a condom.
- To perform the massage, it is recommended to use a special water-based lubricant.Vaseline is not recommended because of its high fat content, and cosmetics can cause irritation.
- Prostate is localized in the rectum, 5 cm from the anus.She is groped with her finger, and performs accurate movements.
- At the first sessions do not recommend pressure on the body, it is enough to limit oneself to easy stroking.
Technique for performing prostate massage
To properly perform this procedure, you should contact a qualified technician.There are two main techniques for the procedure: on the bougain and through the rectum.
During the procedure, the patient occupies one of the following positions of the body:
- standing, leaning on the table and arching his back;
- elbow-knee posture on the couch;
- lying on one side on the couch with legs tucked to the stomach.
The doctor puts on a sterile glove, the index finger treats with a special lubricant and inserts it into the anus. The lower edge of the prostate gland is palpated 5 cm from the anus, in the form of a sensitive seal of a small size.Before manipulation, the doctor evaluates the shape and size of the organ, the symmetry of the lobes, the consistency, and the presence of painful areas.
The procedure starts with a massage of the right half of the organ, and then proceeds to the left lobe.In this case, the finger should move from the sides to the center along the excretory ducts, working through the entire gland.
If the massage is performed correctly, the pain is absent .During the first sessions, light stroking of the body is carried out, gradually increasing the intensity of the effect.
The average prostate massage lasts about a minute, but not more than five minutes.The course of therapy is 10 sessions with an interval of 1-3 days.
The secret is collected in a test tube for study.If the secret can not be obtained, the patient is offered to stand on his feet.
For a prostate massage on a bougie, the patient lies facing the doctor on his side.The specialist introduces bougie through the urethra and massages the gland.Improper performance of the procedure can lead to swelling in the body and delay in urination.
Contraindications to the procedure
Prostate massage is strictly not recommended in the following cases: :
- acute inflammation of the prostate;
- of the prostate cyst;
- presence of concrements in the organ;
- cracks in the anus and hemorrhoids;
- benign and malignant prostate tumors;
- is a tuberculous lesion of the gland;
- bacterial character of prostatitis;
- acute diseases of the genitourinary system;
- urination disorders.
Regularly carrying out this procedure helps prevent and treat prostate diseases.The main thing is to properly perform the massage and take into account all contraindications. Incorrectly performed procedure can lead to negative health consequences.
Radevich Igor Tadeushevich, a sexually pathological andrologist of the 1st category