Nasal wash with genyantritis at home
Mar 17, 2018
Treatment of sinusitis is always carried out in complex, and one of the effective components of therapy is the washing of the nose.This procedure helps to liquefy mucus, improve the outflow of the contents of the maxillary sinuses, which automatically shortens the duration of treatment.Table of contents:
Rinsing of the nose for sinusitis - rules for carrying outRecommended reading:
There are several types of solutions that can be used for the procedure under consideration.But whatever solution was chosen as the main one, it is necessary to know the rules for washing the nose in sinusitis.
Features and rules for nasal wash with sinusitis:
- Before starting the procedure, it is necessary to maximally clear the nasal passages from accumulated mucus.This can be done with the help of the usual bluffing, and if the results do not, then you need to use vasoconstrictive drops in your nose.Literally in 3-5 minutes after cleansing the nasal passages, one can start rinsing.
- To conduct this procedure at home, you can use a special kettle "dzhala-neti", syringe or a regular syringe.The choice of a device for washing the nose in the treatment of sinusitis does not affect the effectiveness of the procedure.
- A sick person should bend over the sink( or a wide and shallow basin), the head tilts to the side - in this position one nostril is located above the other.It is into this "upper" nostril that the solution from the chosen device is poured.
Note: if all stages of the nose wash with sinusitis have been performed correctly, then the solution should not be poured out through the mouth - it flows out of the "lower" nostril.
- For one procedure, it is sufficient to use 200 ml of the solution.
- Since there are many types of solutions for washing the nose with sinusitis, they can be alternated, moreover, even for one day.
- During the day, the patient must conduct a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 similar procedures, and the total duration of the nose wash with maxillary sinusitis is a maximum of 15 days.
- The temperature of the solution that is used for the procedure should not be too high or low - the optimum option is 40 degrees.
- Many components that are part of solutions for washing the nose with sinusitis can cause an allergic reaction.Before the procedure, it is necessary to make sure that there is no hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to the substances.
Solutions for the nose wash
It will be perfectly effective to wash even with normal boiled water - the expected result in the form of breathing relief will be achieved.But experts recommend preparing a special solution for the procedure under consideration, which will not only dilute the mucus, but also have bactericidal, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory effects.And, for the preparation of such medicinal solutions you can use absolutely simple substances and products.
This product has mucolytic properties, and during washing it helps to reduce mucosal edema and has anti-inflammatory effect.
How to cook: in a glass of water( 250-300 ml) you need to dissolve half a teaspoon of baking soda.Be sure to completely dissolve the dry matter - when you get on the nasal mucosa, particles of baking soda can cause severe irritation, which only worsens the patient's condition.
You can buy saline in a pharmacy, but also a saline solution prepared at home will have a curative effect.Salt literally "pulls" the accumulated mucus, which quickly solves the problem of the patient with breathing.
How to prepare a saline solution: in a liter of water, you must dissolve a maximum of one and a half teaspoons of table salt.Note that in this case it is necessary to achieve complete dissolution of salt in water, so as not to damage the inflamed, tender mucous nasal passages and sinuses.
This substance can be safely used for the treatment of inflammation of the maxillary sinuses even in young children, but experts do not recommend to prepare the solution independently.It is much more reasonable to purchase ready-made preparations for the procedure under consideration, which are made on the basis of sea salt - for example, Marimer, Aquamaris or Humer.
To prepare the solution you will need to purchase a 10% propolis tincture - this is implemented in the pharmacy.This product of beekeeping has anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antiviral properties, therefore it not only has a diluting effect on mucus, but also simultaneously removes mucosal edema, reduces inflammation and destroys pathogenic bacteria.
How to prepare: you need to mix a half teaspoon of propolis tincture and a pinch( about ¼ teaspoon) of table salt, and then dissolve everything in a glass( 250-300 ml) of water.
Salt / Soda / iodine
A very effective remedy is to wash the nose with a sinusitis with a solution of salt, soda and iodine.This composition is truly unique - it removes puffiness, reduces inflammation, acts as an antiseptic, accelerates the healing of microcracks on the mucous membrane( they are formed during the bluffing), relieves stagnant phenomena( removes purulent contents from the nasal sinuses).
How to prepare: in 300 ml of water you need to dissolve table salt and baking soda in equal amounts( by 0. 5 teaspoons) and add 2-3 drops of iodine to the resulting product.
Decoctions of herbsRecommended to read:
There are many medicinal herbs that will help to cope with sinusitis more quickly.But specifically for washing the nasal sinuses, you can safely use the following plants:
- Chamomile Pharmacy;
- St. John's wort;
- Oak bark.
Decoctions from these medicinal plants are prepared according to the classic recipe: 1 tablespoon of dry raw materials for 300 ml of steep boiling water, the product should be infused for 20-30 minutes, then it is filtered and used for the intended purpose.
Decoctions of medicinal plants can be alternated.
It is this tool that perfectly helps with purulent inflammatory processes, that's why doctors often recommend it for washing the nose with sinusitis.You can buy a ready-made solution of furatsilina for the procedure, but if you have tablets of this drug in your home medicine cabinet, then it's really possible to prepare the solution yourself.
How to cook: you need to take two tablets of furatsilina, grind them into a powdery state and dissolve in a glass( 250-300 ml) of water.
You can not experiment with the preparation of solutions for nasal washing with sinusitis, and you can buy ready-made products in the pharmacy. What the industry offers:
- Elecasol is the collection of medicinal herbs from which the broth is prepared and only then used for washing;
- Rotokan - hydroalcoholic extract, prepared on a vegetable basis, before use, it must be diluted with water according to the instructions.
These drugs have anti-inflammatory, decongestant, regenerative properties.
Nasal rinsing with the help ofspecialists. We recommend that you read:
For the procedure under consideration, you can contact the specialists for help - even on an outpatient basis, you can get professional help and wash your nose using special equipment. The most popular methods of performing the procedure under outpatient conditions:
- "Cuckoo" is a popular name for a procedure, in medicine it is referred to as a nose wash on a Proetz.The principle of action: in one nostril, the olive is placed, through which the solution enters the sinuses, and aspiration( suction) of the contents takes place in the second nostril.The patient, during the rinsing in this way, should pronounce "ku-ku" with a certain periodicity, which will prevent the solution from entering the oral cavity.
- A pit-catheter is a device that is also often used in ENT cabinets for washing the nose with sinusitis.Essence of the method: a pressure difference is created when the contents of the maxillary sinus enter the nasal passage and its further aspiration.By the way, with the help of this type of catheter, a doctor can introduce antibacterial drugs into the bosom, antiseptic agents - thus local treatment will be provided.
When you need and when you can not do a nose wash with sinusitis
The procedure under consideration is quite healing.Therefore, for her, there are certain indications and strict limitations.
Nasal wash will be suitable with:
- diagnosed antritis;
- rhinitis of allergic etiology;
- rhinitis of vasomotor character;
- stinking rhinitis( ozona).
Very effective washing of the nose will also be used as a prophylaxis during seasonal colds, and even in chronic sinusitis, when the patient already knows the periods of exacerbation of his disease, it will be possible to carry out preventive maintenance with the procedure under consideration.
It is strictly forbidden to wash the nose when:
- has an inclined tendency to nosebleeds;
- inflammatory process in the middle ear;
- diagnosed malignant and / or malignant neoplasm in the nose;
- full obstruction of the nasal passage - in this case, only a referral to the doctor will help.
Note: categorically can not be used to wash the nose with solutions that have an allergic reaction to the components of the patient.
Rinsing of the nose with genyantritis and official medicine, and folk healers is recognized as one of the most effective methods of alleviating the condition of the patient and accelerating the complete cure.Such unanimity is rare, so you can safely trust the recommended recipes and the specified rules of procedure.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category