Nutrition for constipation in adults: diet rules, recommendations
The problem of constipation is familiar to many, because, according to statistics, almost half of the working-age population suffers from this. Regularly occurring stool retention can be the result of diseases of the digestive tract, age-related changes, improper lifestyle, but most often their cause is an unbalanced diet. An abundance of heavy food, lack of fluid, irregular nutrition - all this leads to serious violations of the gastrointestinal tract and discomfort during bowel movements. Treatment is impossible without normalization of the bowel function, and therefore diet is considered the most important component of the treatment process.
Nutrition for constipation in adults
Consider what should be the diet for constipation in adults.
- 1 Features of the diet for constipation
2 Nutrition for spastic constipation
- 2.1 Menu option for the day
3 Diet for atonic constipation
- 3.1 Sample menu
- 4 What to eat for chronic constipation
- 5 What foods should not be consumed
6 Folk recipes
- 6.1 Video - Nutrition for constipation in adults
Features of the diet for constipation
The main task of the diet is to restore intestinal motility, which will normalize the excretion of feces and eliminate discomfort. To do this, the daily diet should include the maximum amount of vitamins, trace elements and vegetable fiber, as well as at least 70 g of fat, 60-80 g of protein and about 400 g of carbohydrates. At the same time, the energy value must not be allowed to exceed 3,000 kcal per day.
- Fiber-rich foods
- The content of vitamins in 100 g of products, mg
- What foods fix and weaken
During the treatment, you should to exclude foods that are digested for a long time cause irritation of the mucous membrane, provoke gas formation and swelling. First of all, these are baked goods, sweets, fatty meat and fish (in any form), spicy dishes and seasonings, onions, garlic, radishes and radishes. Dishes from semolina, rice, pearl barley, and the use of strong tea and coffee are limited to a minimum. Alcohol and carbonated drinks are also excluded until complete recovery.
Advice. It is very important to follow the diet. Servings should be small - about 2/3 of the usual volume, and you need to eat at least 5-6 times a day. And be sure to drink at least 1.5 liters of liquid during the day: this includes not only water or tea, but also healing decoctions, kefir, vegetable and meat broths.
Be sure to drink decoctions, tea, water
Which foods to eat depends on the type of constipation. Experts distinguish two main types - spastic and atonic. They are caused by different reasons, and therefore the diet in both cases has certain differences.
Nutrition for spastic constipation
Constipation of this form usually occurs against a background of stress, with neurovegetative or endocrine disorders, increased physical exertion, and intoxication. They are caused by spasms of smooth muscles in the intestines and are accompanied by sharp pain and bloating. In this state, the intestinal walls can be easily injured, which means that coarse food should be completely excluded. Also, you should not eat foods high in starch and astringent properties that inhibit intestinal motility.
Foods high in starch
It is recommended to eat vegetables and meat in chopped form - mashed potatoes, pates, minced meat dishes.
The diet must contain vegetable fats and natural butter. They act on receptors, enhancing reflex peristalsis, softening feces and at the same time stimulating the secretion of bile. They can be added to food or consumed separately in 1-2 teaspoons before meals.
How to check the quality of the oil
So, what should the diet consist of:
- vegetables - everything except potatoes and white cabbage;
- meat - lean pork and poultry, boiled or steamed;
- fermented milk products - best of all homemade, without harmful dyes and other additives;
- fish - exclusively low-fat varieties;
- cereals - buckwheat, oatmeal, rice every 2-3 days;
- legumes - it is recommended to use small amounts every 2-3 days;
- bread - coarsely ground and rye;
Homemade bread with wholemeal flour
- vegetable fats - sunflower, soybean, corn, olive oil, as well as linseed and pumpkin seed oil;
- fruits and dried fruits;
Fruits and dried fruits
Greens are the first and main source of vitamins and minerals, including proteins
Menu option for the day
|Breakfast||Coarse bread with a lump of butter, a glass of grape juice|
|Lunch||Fruit puree, unsweetened cookies (2-3 pieces)|
|Dinner||Chicken soup, vegetable puree|
|Afternoon snack||Washed and steamed prunes (300 g)|
|Dinner||Pumpkin puree, steamed cutlets (2 pieces)|
An hour before bedtime, you can drink a glass of yogurt or fermented baked milk - this promotes digestion and has a strengthening effect on the immune system.
Diet for atonic constipation
This type of constipation is due to weak intestinal peristalsis, and the cause of this condition is most often is unhealthy diet, unjustified diet, abuse of laxatives and enemas. Atonic constipation is characterized by a large accumulation of feces, painful emptying, a feeling of heaviness in the abdomen. Very often, when stool exits in the anus, microcracks form, which significantly increases the discomfort.
To normalize the condition, daily intake of vegetable fats and fiber is required. Here, the diet is not so sparing: the basis of the diet is vegetables and fruits, the fibers of which irritate the intestinal receptors and thereby increase peristalsis. For the same reason, there is no need to grind food very much and prepare mashed soups and purees.
- vegetables - all types of cabbage, beets, tomatoes, carrots;
- meat - lean pork and poultry;
Steamed chicken breast
- fish - low-fat varieties, mainly boiled;
- cereals - buckwheat, oatmeal, millet, in small quantities rice and pearl barley;
Useful properties of barley
- bread - bran, gray, rye;
Rye bran bread
- fruits - apples, apricots, plums, figs;
The benefits of dried figs
- dairy products;
All types of dairy products are good for our body
- dried fruits.
How to choose the right dried fruit
|Breakfast||Bread with butter or hard cheese, a glass of tea (not strong).|
|Dinner||Beetroot, chicken or turkey fillet, fruit juice.|
|Afternoon snack||Low fat yogurt, dried fruit.|
|Dinner||Vegetable stew, steamed cutlets, apple.|
For a snack between main meals, fresh fruit, bran crispbread, unsweetened biscuits with tea or broth are perfect.
Diet bran bread
What to eat for chronic constipation
If constipation occurs regularly, the diet should include the maximum amount of foods with laxative properties:
- beets in any form;
- plums and apricots;
- prunes and other dried fruits;
- pumpkin dishes;
Rice porridge with pumpkin
- fermented baked milk and yogurt.
In addition, bran should be consumed daily and the amount of liquid drunk per day should be increased.
The menu must be discussed with the attending physician, because when drawing up a diet, it is necessary to take into account the causes of constipation and the state of the body so as not to harm health. But the diet itself is not enough: physical activity is very important to restore intestinal motility.
What foods should not be consumed
In order not to aggravate the condition, the usual menu will have to be seriously corrected. First of all, excluded everything that does not benefit the body: chips, carbonated drinks, alcohol, instant food with artificial additives. It is forbidden there are fried, smoked, overly sweet, spicy and salty foods. Such food puts an increased load on the pancreas and liver, and causes irritation of the mucous membranes.
You need to remove all the most harmful foods from your diet.
All flour dishes, baked goods, fatty fish and meat, mushrooms, fried and boiled eggs are also excluded, since they take a long time to digest and load the stomach.
Scrambled eggs are also included in the stop list
The same applies to semolina and rice, which have enveloping properties and have a depressing effect on peristalsis. Absolutely excluded the use of products that contain tannin:
- Black tea;
- pomegranates and persimmons;
- dark grapes;
It is better not to buy grapes and pomegranates temporarily and do not eat
The astringent effect of these foods has the most negative effect on intestinal motility and can cause constipation even in a healthy person.
In the fight against constipation, folk remedies help many, most of which have no contraindications and side effects. Consider some of the most popular and effective time-tested recipes.
- Taken in equal parts walnuts, prunes, raisins, dried apricots and natural honey. Nuts and dried fruits are crushed in any convenient way, and then mixed with honey. You need to take a tablespoon every night before bed. You need to store the mixture in the refrigerator, in a tightly sealed container.
- 1 carrot and 2 medium-sized beets should be grated on a fine grater and fry a little in vegetable oil along with the chopped onion. Then add a couple of tablespoons of tomato paste, finely chopped herbs and salt and stew under the lid until soft. The resulting beetroot caviar eaten with bread 2-3 times a day, as a snack between main meals.
- Ripe rowan you need to sort out, wash and grind with sugar. Take a tablespoon of this mixture before meals. This remedy not only relieves constipation, but also has a beneficial effect on the immune system.
Rowan, mashed with sugar
- It helps very effectively flax-seed. It needs to be ground on a coffee grinder and consumed in 2 tablespoons, washed down with plenty of water. Can be added to food during cooking.
Flax seed and its uses
Please note that it is impossible to use such funds for a long time, so as not to disrupt the function of the intestines. These diets are also not intended for long-term use, because they lack many useful substances for the body. And in order to get rid of constipation for a long time, you should pay more attention to physical activity and give up bad habits.