Potato juice: benefits and harms, properties, treatment for various diseases
Despite the advances in modern pharmacology, many prefer traditional methods of treatment, which have repeatedly proven their effectiveness in the fight against many diseases. Potato juice is widespread among supporters of non-traditional treatment. It has a rich chemical composition, it is considered a storehouse of useful substances, but at the same time, it must be used correctly - this will help eliminate unwanted body reactions.
Before using potato juice, it is important to familiarize yourself with its properties, indications, contraindications, method of use and other important information.
- 1 Composition and medicinal properties
- 2 Indications for use
- 3 Which potatoes are best to use
- 4 Preparation
- 5 Method of use
- 6 How to drink for various diseases
- 7 Harm and contraindications
- 8 Recommendations for use
Composition and medicinal properties
Before considering the beneficial properties of potato juice, it is important to know that young root vegetables should be used for medicinal purposes. They contain a large amount of nutrients for the treatment of a number of diseases. The uniqueness of the prepared drink lies in its composition, which is rich in:
- organic acids;
- proteins and carbohydrates;
- amino acids.
Nutritional value of potatoes
Due to its rich composition, potato juice has antimicrobial, antispasmodic, laxative properties. Proponents of traditional medicine believe that by taking potato juice on an empty stomach, you can get the following therapeutic effect:
- improve immunity;
- reduce pain and inflammation in diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- increase vitality;
- stimulate appetite;
- normalize stool, eliminate constipation;
- accelerate the regeneration process of tissues and mucous membranes;
- normalize blood pressure;
- improve the functioning of the liver, kidneys;
- get rid of heartburn;
- increase hemoglobin;
- improve the functioning of the central nervous system.
Based on all the positive qualities of the drink, we can conclude that this product is a real panacea for all diseases. However, as practice shows, it is used more often in the treatment of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. According to reviews of people who used this drink for medicinal purposes, it helped to cope with many chronic diseases, reduce the intensity of symptoms, reduce the frequency of exacerbations, while not harming health.
Indications for use
The range of application of potato juice is quite large. It is recommended to take it as a prophylactic agent or in combination with medications previously prescribed by a doctor. Among the main indications for the use of a potato drink are the following diseases and conditions:
- gastritis with high acidity;
- chronic constipation;
- stomach ulcer;
- skin rashes, pimples, acne;
- benign tumors of the female genital area;
- type 2 diabetes mellitus;
Potato juice is used to prevent joint pain or to eliminate papillomas. This drink can truly be considered a universal remedy in the fight against a variety of diseases. However, the effect of its use can be seen at the initial stages of the disease or in combination with other pharmaceutical preparations.
Pediatricians do not recommend the use of potato juice for children, as it reduces the acidity of gastric juice and can lead to digestive disorders. It is recommended for expectant mothers to take this drink to eliminate heartburn, constipation or reduce the risk of exacerbation of gastritis.
Which potatoes are best to use
You can take any kind of root vegetable, but many believe that it is better to give preference to red or pink potatoes. The main thing is that a young root vegetable is used to prepare a healing drink.
It is not recommended to use green or sprouted tubers, as well as those that have succumbed to rotting or mold. Experts advise starting treatment in the first months of autumn or winter.
How useful a potato drink will be depends on the method and correctness of its preparation. You can get juice in several ways:
- manually - grate and squeeze through cheesecloth;
- food processor;
In any case, after crushing the root crop and obtaining the gruel, it must be passed through 2 layers of gauze. After receiving the juice, you need to drink it within 10 minutes, otherwise it will lose all its healing properties.
The skin of the potato is also rich in nutrients, so when using young tubers, it does not need to be removed.
Method of use
After preparing potato juice, you need to let it stand for no more than 5-10 minutes. This time will be enough for the starch to settle. You need to consume the drink raw, and it is best to drink it through a straw. After that, it is recommended to rinse your mouth with warm water.
Video: The benefits and harms of potato juice
Standard doses include 1 glass of juice 100-200 ml in the morning on an empty stomach. The course lasts 10 days. You can eat food after drinking a drink no earlier than 1 hour later.
To improve the taste of the drink, it can be mixed with other vegetable juices: carrot, beetroot. But before combining them, you should study the properties of each drink.
You can get more benefits from the drink if you properly prepare the body before drinking it. Some doctors recommend giving up spicy, fatty and fried foods, as well as alcohol, a week before treatment.
How to drink for various diseases
It is recommended to use potato juice for medicinal or prophylactic purposes, but before using it, you should consult a doctor to rule out possible contraindications. The dosage of the drink and the duration of use depends on the purpose of use:
- For constipation. Drink half a glass 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
- With gastritis, ulcers or heartburn. Assign 3 tablespoons on an empty stomach 30 minutes before a meal, until the general condition improves.
- Pancreatitis For the treatment of inflammation of the pancreas, it is recommended to drink a healing drink on an empty stomach, combine it with fermented baked milk or kefir. It is enough to drink 0.5 glass of juice, and after 5 minutes the same amount of fermented milk product. During an exacerbation of pancreatitis, such treatment should be abandoned.
- For migraine. You can reduce headache attacks if you take half a glass of nectar 3 times a day for a week.
Treatment with potato juice is considered safe, but in order to eliminate all sorts of risks, you need to consult your doctor before using it.
Juice from potato tubers is classified as medicinal, so it cannot be consumed uncontrollably.
Harm and contraindications
Potato juice, despite its all-round benefits, has some contraindications for use, and if used improperly, it can even harm health.
Refuse to use this drink is necessary for persons with a history of the following pathologies:
- type 1 diabetes mellitus or its severe forms;
- bloating unclear etiology;
- low acid gastritis;
- acute pancreatitis.
It is not recommended to give this drink to children under 12 years of age. In rare cases, the following symptoms may appear after treatment:
- allergies: itching, rash;
- violation of the stool;
- discomfort and pain in the stomach;
- exacerbation of existing diseases of the digestive tract;
If signs of side effects appear, you need to stop taking the juice or reduce the dose.
Doctors do not advise people who are prone to diarrhea and have chronic kidney disease to drink a drink from this root vegetable. The harm can manifest itself only if it is wrong to carry out the treatment or use it when there are contraindications to it.
The danger from this drink can manifest itself if the drink is prepared from low-quality root crops - those that have green spots, rot or sprouted roots. Drinking this juice can cause poisoning. If the dosage or the treatment course is exceeded, there are risks of damage to the pancreas with the subsequent development of acute pancreatitis.
In order to exclude possible risks from home treatment, the use of potato juice must be agreed with a doctor, its properties and acceptable dosages must be well studied.
Recommendations for use
In the process of preparing and consuming potato nectar, it is important to adhere to some rules that will help increase the therapeutic effect, reduce the likelihood of adverse reactions:
- For cooking, use only homemade and young tubers.
- Start therapy with minimal doses, no more than 50 ml.
- Drink on an empty stomach.
- You should not carry out treatment at the end of winter or early spring, since during this period there is not a sufficient amount of nutrients in the composition of potatoes.
- Use only tubers free of rot and mold.
- It is recommended to use it through a straw, this will help protect the tooth enamel from destruction.
- The juice should be drunk immediately after its preparation in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Strictly adhere to the recommended doses, treatment should be started with 50 ml, with good tolerance, you can increase the amount of drink consumed.
Juice from potato tubers has long been famous for its medicinal properties, but it is still important to understand that this drink is not a panacea for all diseases. If a person is worried about any symptoms or chronic diseases have worsened, you need to see a doctor as soon as possible, who will prescribe appropriate therapy.
Read also: Nutrition for stomach pain