Urea in the blood: the norms, the causes of the increase, ways to reduce the concentration
Mar 19, 2018
In the human body, the formation of uric acid is caused by the process of metabolism in tissues and cells.Uric acid is necessary in order to carry out the withdrawal of excess nitrogen from the body.If there are any violations in the body, the level of uric acid in the body can rise, which in turn leads to the development of serious diseases.That is why every person who cares about his own health should follow the level of uric acid in the body.And moreover, you need to know how to remove urea from the body folk, medicamental means and with the help of a diet.Table of contents: Causes of increased urea levels in the blood Norms of uric acid in the blood How to remove urea from the body
Causes of increasing urea levels in the blood
First of all, it is worth knowing that an elevated level of urea in the body can be detected only by a laboratoryBlood tests - it is this kind of analysis that makes it possible to diagnose.A high level of urea in the body will indicate a violation of the functionality of the kidneys, it may be indicative of progressive renal failure.Of course, the result of a blood test with a high level of urea immediately gives reason to suspect the dysfunction of the urinary system.
- pneumonia( pneumonia);
- typhoid fever;
- liver dystrophy;
- influenza that occurs in severe form;
- leptospirosis icteric;
- cardiac decompensation.
Note: is also the opposite result of a blood test for urea levels - its amount will be lowered.And such a result of the examination of the patient will indicate a violation of the liver.
Norms of uric acid in the blood
Normally, the level of uric acid in the blood in humans should be as follows( data are given in μmol / l):
- Newborn children -140-340;
- children under the age of 15 years - 140-340;
- men under the age of 65 years - 220-420;
- women under the age of 65 years - 40-340;
- elderly people over 65 years old - up to 500.
Important! These figures are approximate: the exact readings should be indicated in the column "reference values" on the blood test form of a specific laboratory.Usually, the level of urea in the body is determined when performing kidney and liver tests.In this case, the result can also be indicated in mg / dL( 1 mg / dL = 59.48 μmol / L).
How to remove urea from the body
If during the examination the patient has a high level of urea in the blood, then it will be necessary to undergo a complete examination of the body, to find out the true cause of this condition.Only after these activities the doctor will be able to choose methods for correcting the level of urea.
Diet with an elevated urea level
Since a high level of urea in the body is the result of metabolic disturbances, in many cases it is possible to stabilize and normalize the patient's condition only by diet, without using specific medications.And that the diet was effective, you need to know and observe only 2 points - what is allowed with an elevated level of urea in the blood, and that is strictly prohibited.
Products that doctors recommend to exclude from the diet when the condition is considered:
- red meat;
- of the kidney;
- poultry and beef liver;
- tongue of beef and pork;
- lungs and heart;
- desserts and any sweet dishes;
- alcoholic beverages;
- sharp / fatty / smoked products.
It is recommended in the menu to include food of vegetable origin - all kinds of berries, fruits and vegetables, cereals( cereals).
Unfortunately, only correction of the diet in a number of cases to reduce the level of urea, withdraw excess from the body does not work.And in this case, doctors will prescribe medication.
Drug therapy for the excretion of urea
There are a number of drugs that contribute to the removal of urea from the body.All of them are appointed only by the attending physician and only after a full examination of the patient.
Some medications that can reduce urea levels in the body:
Creates optimal conditions for increasing the dissolution of uric acid, and with prolonged use of this drug, dissolution of the already existing uric acid stones is possible.
The daily dosage and duration of use of Blamaren is determined only by the attending physician.The entire course of treatment with the drug should be under regular monitoring of the acid-alkaline state of urine - a special indicator is applied to the drug.
It is strictly forbidden to use Blamaren in the diagnosed renal failure of chronic form and circulatory failure.
Drastically improves the excretion of urea from the body through the intestines.Dosage and duration of the course of admission is determined individually, may be part of a set of therapeutic measures against gout.
The presented preparation, as a rule, is well tolerated by patients, only in rare cases may a disturbance of the digestive tract work - the patient will complain about diarrhea( diarrhea), short-term and non-intensive attacks of pain in the intestine.
It is strictly forbidden to prescribe Benzobromarone during pregnancy, with diagnosed kidney and liver pathologies.
Prevents the reverse absorption of urea, contributes to its excretion through the kidneys.
This medication is taken in courses of 10-12 days, then a break of 7 days is taken and the course of reception is repeated.As a rule, patients are prescribed 0. 35 grams of Etamide 4 times a day immediately after meals, but in some cases the dosage can be increased - this can only be done by the attending physician.
Against the background of treatment with the drug presented there may be disorders of urination and digestive system, but such side effects disappear without external intervention and without stopping the use of Etamid.
Folk remedies for the removal of urea
Of course, in folk medicine there are many tools that help to reduce the level of urea in the body.In no case should they be taken for a panacea - traditional medicine in this case can only be an auxiliary moment in the professional treatment of a pathological condition.It is advisable before using folk remedies for the removal of urea from the body to consult with the attending physician.
The most popular folk remedies used in the present condition:
- Pour a glass of steep boiling water( about 300 ml) 20 grams of cranberry leaf( you can take a fresh or dry product), insist for 30 minutes in a sealed container.Ready-made infusion should be filtered and take 1 tablespoon at least 4 times a day.
- Take a tablespoon of dry nettle leaves, pour them a glass of boiling water( 250 ml) and insist for 20 minutes in a sealed container.Next, the infusion is filtered and taken 1 teaspoonful 3 times a day immediately after meals.
- Dry birch leaves( in crushed form) in an amount of 2 tablespoons pour hot water( 400 ml) and cook on low heat for 10-15 minutes.Then the broth is infused for 15-20 minutes in a sealed container, filtered.This drug is taken at 50-75 ml during each meal.
- Mix in equal amounts of dried flowers of chamomile, officinal, sage and marigold.Take 1 glass of the collection, pour 400 ml of boiling water and insist for 30-40 minutes.Ready to infuse the infusion and add to the foot bath, the water temperature of which does not exceed 34 degrees.The procedure for lowering the legs in the infusion should last for 10-15 minutes, the course of such leg baths is 20 consecutive days, then you need to take a break for two weeks and repeat the treatment.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon chopped bean hulls, pour 1 liter of hot water and boil the product in a water bath for 50-60 minutes.The broth is completely cooled, filtered and taken 1 tablespoon three times a day before meals.
- One should take 1 kg of honey and 1 kg of raisins.In the morning on an empty stomach is eaten a small handful of raisins( pieces of 10-20 berries), then for 2 hours you can not drink water and eat some food.Next day on an empty stomach 1 table spoon of honey is eaten and also within 2 hours it is impossible to drink and eat.Alternating in this way, you need to eat all the cooked honey and raisins.
Forecasts and general recommendations
If the high urea content in the body has been determined in a timely manner, then following the recommendations and prescribing of a doctor, this problem can be solved.In this case, the prognosis will be favorable, no serious consequences are diagnosed. But if the increased urea content in the blood is constantly present, no therapeutic measures are taken, then the following can develop:
- ischemic heart disease.To ensure effective treatment, the following general recommendations should be adhered to:
- Drink a lot of liquid daily-8-16 glasses of clean water a day, which can not be replaced with juice, compote and other drinks.
A high level of urea in the body is a dangerous condition that can lead not only to serious illnesses, but also to irreversible processes, in some cases - to death.Only an attentive attitude to one's own health and strict compliance with all the prescriptions / recommendations of a specialist can prevent both the actual increase in the level of urea and the development of severe consequences.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category