What to take with pregnant women with headache
Pregnancy is certainly not a disease, but almost every woman in this position is periodically forced to take medications.One of the most common reasons for taking a medication is headache, which it is in a pregnant woman that can occur for a variety of reasons and at any time of the day.By the way, headaches in general can be the first symptom of pregnancy, when a woman still does not know about her new position.Moreover, a headache in a pregnant woman is not always a sign of developing pathology, often this state simply indicates changes in the body.
The problem is not the appearance of a headache, but the fact that during the gestation period a woman is forbidden to take most of the medications.The usual painkillers are banned, so you need to know about what you can do to help yourself with the development of headaches during pregnancy.Table of contents: Causes of headache in pregnant women Than to treat a headache during pregnancy What causes an urgent medical attention Tablets for a headache for pregnant women
Causes of headache in pregnant women
The most common syndrome occurs in a pregnant womanWomen for the following reasons:
- Lowering blood pressure.This condition is associated with the fact that in the body of a woman during pregnancy the level of progesterone rises significantly, and it acts relaxing on the muscle cells of the whole organism and on the walls of the vessels, among others.The result of this action of progesterone is the expansion of blood vessels and lowering of arterial pressure.The brain thus lacks oxygen, which causes the appearance of a headache.
Appropriate drugs for lowering blood pressure should appoint a specialist, since it is necessary to take into account the influence of each drug on the fetal development of the fetus.A pregnant woman herself can ease her condition a little by raising her blood pressure with a cup of coffee( unless it is contraindicated by a gynecologist due to pregnancy).
- Hormonal changes.As soon as conception and the fetus began its development in the body of a woman, changes in the hormonal system begin to occur.Such fluctuations aggressively affect the functioning of the central nervous system - that's the reason for frequent headaches in pregnant women.
Treatment of the condition in question against the background of hormonal changes is not carried out, as the health stabilizes / normalizes during the first three months of pregnancy.But if a woman complains of persistent and intense headaches, a specialist can prescribe an anesthetic medication that accurately improves the psycho-emotional background( irritation, bad mood and insomnia can adversely affect fetal development).
- Increased blood pressure.This condition occurs because of the increase in the volume of circulating blood in the body of a woman.If the patient has a tendency to hypertension, then preventive measures will have to be taken at the earliest stages of pregnancy.
Headache against the background of high blood pressure is removed with specific medications that are able to lower blood pressure and not affect the fetal development of the fetus.As a prevention of the condition in question, a pregnant woman is recommended to reduce physical activity and control her own diet.
- Mental overwork.It's about a pregnant woman who continues to work and spends a lot of time, for example, at the computer.The headache, as a rule, in this case disappears after a full rest, but the woman should adjust her whole way of life - to observe the regime of the day, to have a rest in time, to do physical exercises in the morning.
- "Hungry" headaches.Pregnant women often have a deficiency of nutrients - for example, glucose in the blood.It is quite easy to solve the problem - a pregnant woman should often eat, but in small doses.
In addition to these factors, to provoke the appearance of a headache in a pregnant woman can:
- changes in weather conditions;
- fast set of weight;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- is a stress factor.
Than to treat a headache during pregnancy
The first and the main thing that it is necessary to remember: to use any medicines during pregnancy without prescriptions of the doctor is strictly forbidden. The fact is that many drugs have a teratogenic effect, that is, they can disrupt intrauterine development of the fetus and this can lead to an intrauterine pathology incompatible with life.Such a dangerous effect may have some medications taken in the first half of pregnancy, but in the second and third trimester uncontrolled use of drugs for headaches can lead to impaired functionality of the fetal organs, or to premature birth.
What the experts recommend:
- If the first symptoms of a headache appear, then the pregnant woman needs to lie down and rest.In most cases, this simple "measure" effectively removes the problem in question.
- It is allowed to take infusion or decoction from mint, valerian or lemon balm - these medicinal plants will have a soft, gentle analgesic effect.
- If you have a headache against the background of hunger( for example, the woman was busy and did not have time to take food), you should drink hot and certainly sweet tea and eat something( it can be a cookie, a piece of bread).
The above recommendations will help to get rid of a headache in a pregnant woman without the use of medications.But what if the intensity of the pain syndrome increases? There are 3 rules:
- First, a pregnant woman can take one pill No-shpy: this drug is able to remove spasm of cerebral vessels, relax the muscles and lower blood pressure.Therefore, No-shpa can be used only if the pregnant woman is sure that she does not have a tendency to lower blood pressure.
- Secondly, to remove a headache to a pregnant woman will help children's Paracetamol.This drug is absolutely safe for intrauterine development of the fetus, so the future mother can take it without first consulting a doctor.
- Thirdly, if a pregnant woman knows for sure that the headache is caused by lowering blood pressure, then you can take Panadol Extra.This drug contains caffeine, which will restore the work of the vessels of the brain and relieve the pain syndrome under consideration.
Important! Aspirin and Analgin should be categorically contraindicated in women during pregnancy!These drugs have a very negative effect on the fetal development of the fetus.
A woman should understand that only a doctor can select a truly effective treatment - this will help get rid of the true cause of the headache.
What causes an urgent call to a doctor
Despite the reason or duration of a headache, a pregnant woman must tell her "his" gynecologist about such an unpleasant condition, and the doctor, if necessary, will send the patientTo a neurologist or a therapist for examination.
A pregnant woman must definitely consult a doctor in the following cases:
- The headache became permanent.
- Every morning, after a full sleep, the headache appears with the same intensity.
- Over the past 3-4 days, the nature of the headache has changed - for example, earlier the pain was blunt and aching, and then began to be pulsating and harsh.
- Headache is not only permanent, but also has a clear localization in a specific area of the head.
- Headache in a pregnant woman is accompanied by a violation of speech and / or vision, motor functions.
- This pain syndrome is always accompanied by fluctuations in blood pressure - it either rises or falls.
Headache Tablets for Pregnant Women
Pregnant woman should remember which pills and at what headache can take certain medications:
- If headaches are worried in the second half of pregnancy, it is allowed to take Paracetamol for infants - the placenta during this period begins to act as a natural protectiveBarrier, does not allow to penetrate active active substances of medicines into the fetus.
- If the gestation period is 12 weeks or less, the headache can be removed with a quarter of the Citramon pill.At later stages of pregnancy, a woman is allowed to take the same medication, but at a higher dosage, half the tablet.
- It is possible to stop an intense attack of a headache with Effergangan, which is not addictive.
- In case of increasing intensity of the headache, you can take 1 No-shpa tablet.But it is worth remembering that this tool belongs to the group of antispasmodics, therefore it is advisable to take it only with migraine and against the background of stable blood pressure within the limits of the norm.
Please note: special medicines for migraine, as well as Baralgin, Spasmolgan are strictly prohibited for use during pregnancy.Often the patients claim that from the pain syndrome in question they are relieved by Actovegin, but here one must be extremely cautious - this medication will help only in cases of circulatory disorders, and it should be prescribed exclusively by a specialist.
Of course, the headache during pregnancy can not be foreseen, but it can be prevented!It is worth to prepare in advance for pregnancy: to undergo a complete examination, get treatment for diagnosed diseases, get rid of excess weight.And as soon as a woman learns about the onset of pregnancy, she needs to adjust her diet and day regimen, do light physical activities and try to have more and more rest.Still, take medications during pregnancy, even if they are the safest, can only be in the most extreme cases.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category