How to treat cystitis in the home
Mar 21, 2018
Cystitis is an inflammatory process in the bladder that can develop in both men and women.Symptoms of this pathology are always pronounced - pain in the abdomen, burning sensation during urination, presence of blood in the urine, itching in the area of the entrance to the urethra. .. But this does not mean that it is possible to diagnose the cystitis independently and start treatment - there are several types and forms of the disease under consideration, Which may be accompanied by other infectious and / or somatic pathologies.More details about the features of the course of cystitis and the methods of its diagnosis and medication can be found in this article.
What to do with cystitis
Of course, when the first signs of an inflammatory process in the bladder, you should seek medical help.But sometimes it can be impossible because of important reasons, or the patient has already diagnosed chronic cystitis - in this case, you need to take some measures. Specialists recommend:
- Adhere to bed rest - it is best during an acute attack of cystitis to be under the blanket and with a warmer in the lower abdomen.
Note: if the presence of blood is detected in urine( even in minimal amounts!), Then no heating pad on the bottom of the stomach can be used!Additional heating can provoke bleeding, deterioration of health, and this entails the need for emergency medical care.
- Provide yourself with an abundant drink.It can be teas and compotes of cranberries, blueberries and / or cranberries, but you need to give up coffee and alcohol.It is very useful to take as a drink the broths of various medicinal herbs - for example, with cystitis the kidneys of the birch and the dried leaves of the nettle help.You can buy at the pharmacy tablets Cyston, drops Spasmocystenal or paste Phytolysin - this is also a collection of herbs only in a more compact form.
- Adjust diet.It is understood that during an acute attack of cystitis the patient should exclude from the menu sharp, fried and smoked dishes, refuse salt( or limit its amount to the maximum), seasonings and spices.But these days it is very useful to use watermelons, fruits and berries, vegetables and dairy products.Doctors recommend not to load the digestive system in the days of exacerbation of the bladder's inflammation - reduce your portions by one dose, but the amount of food intake can be increased up to 5-6 times a day.
- It is impossible to visit a bath or sauna with any progression of the disease in question and generally perform any warming procedures in the area of the vulva - this can increase the intensity of the symptoms of cystitis.
- Women should be hygienically treated( washed out) regularly using herbal medicinal herbs - for example, chamomile, sage, thyme will be useful in the fight against cystitis.
- Women can perform vaginal douching - this will prevent the spread of infection from the urethra to the reproductive system.But remember - douching the vagina should be done no more often than once a day and using a decoction of chamomile medicinal.
Medications for cystitis
At home, it is possible to relieve the patient's condition with cystitis with certain medications - they should be prescribed by the attending physician. But if there is no possibility to consult a specialist and the presence of blood is not found in the urine, then it is possible to conduct a course of treatment with antibacterial agents and independently:
- Monural - 3 mg once after a meal( approximately 2 hours after a meal);
- Biseptol - 2 tablets twice a day for three days;
- Nolycin - 1 tablet twice a day for 3 days.
Note : all these drugs belong to the group of antibacterial( antibiotics), but without them, the treatment of cystitis is simply impossible - this inflammatory process usually has a bacterial etiology.Before the treatment with the above medicines, it is necessary to exclude hypersensitivity and / or individual intolerance to antibacterial drugs.
Separately it is worth mentioning about a woman's cystitis during pregnancy - if there is no blood in the urine, and the symptoms of the disease are classic( without any unexplained sensations), then treatment of the pathology can be done at home.But!Pregnant is strictly forbidden to use the above antibacterial drugs, it is better to give preference to Amoxicillin and Cefuroxime.Do not syringe and hold a hot-water bottle in the abdomen during the gestation period.
Important! In pregnancy, the appearance of the first signs of cystitis should be the reason for visiting a gynecologist - only a specialist will be able to prescribe an effective treatment that will be safe for intrauterine development of the fetus.
Treatment of cystitis at home is very realistic - in many cases even doctors, after a complete examination of the patient, send it to home treatment.But if the usual symptoms of cystitis is associated with high body temperature, shrouding in the lower back, then you should immediately consult a doctor - most likely the inflammatory process has spread to the kidneys.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category.