Effective Hemorrhoid Suppositories: An Overview of Popular Drugs
Hemorrhoids are a progressive, irreversible pathological condition characterized by impaired regulation of outflow and blood flow in cavernous corpuscles of the rectum.This pathology is chronic and therefore the best remedy for hemorrhoids is the prevention and reduction of provoking factors.Unfortunately, periodic exacerbations of hemorrhoids occur even in those people who strictly adhere to the correct way of life and observe a diet, so that the use of specific medicines can not be avoided.Table of Contents: Overview of the best candles from hemorrhoids Names of candles from hemorrhoids
Overview of the best candles from hemorrhoids
Although patients with hemorrhoids rarely seek qualified medical care, they must remember that self-medication is fraught with complications.Selecting drugs should take into account a variety of factors - the degree of hemorrhoids development, the fact of prolapse of hemorrhoids, the weight of the patient, lifestyle, general health, the patient's age, the functioning of the blood coagulation system and so on.
- If the hemorrhoids are mild and diagnosed as uncomplicated, the doctor will prescribe anticoagulants.These drugs are able to dissolve the already formed thrombi and, thus, stop the process of thrombus formation.The most effective anticoagulants for hemorrhoids are heparin ointment and suppositories with heparin - for example, Nigepan or Hepatrombin G.
- If the patient complains of a pronounced pain syndrome, then ointments and suppositories from hemorrhoids with anesthetics are shown.To this group of drugs are pain relievers Relief Advance, Olestezine, Proctosedil M.
- Often, the hemorrhoids are accompanied by bleeding and in this case the doctor will prescribe vasoconstrictor, hemostatic and venotonic drugs.These include Phenylephrine hydrochloride, Relief and Procto-gliwenol.
- If there is an inflammatory process around the anus on the skin, then it is advisable to use non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, and the most effective and popular in this case are the candles Ibuprofen and Diclofenac.
Note: in the case of a combination of inflammation and itching, the doctor may prescribe the use of suppositories with hormonal agents in the composition( Proctosedil, Ultroprotect), but this is possible only in the absence of contraindications to the use of hormonal agents in each case.
In general, the most appropriate treatment will be complex therapy, when the patient uses candles and ointments as local therapy and takes the pills inside.But, again, the selection of medicines, dosage and duration of the course of hemorrhoids treatment in this case is the prerogative of the proctologist.
Names of suppositories from hemorrhoids
First it is worth studying and remembering the rules for using such specific means:
- It is necessary to observe the hygiene of the anal area.
- It is highly desirable to avoid constipation and if this can not be achieved with a diet, then the use of lactulose preparations in small amounts is possible.
- Doctors recommend inserting candles into the anus two times a day - in the morning and in the evening.This is done only after evacuation of the intestine, and the average course of treatment is 7-14 days.
Please note: if the health deteriorates during the application of the candles from hemorrhoids, unusual symptoms appear, then immediately stop treatment and seek medical advice from a doctor.A strange symptom may be any impairment of health - increased body temperature, persistent diarrhea, bloating, increased pain in the anus and so on.
These luminary candles contain lidocaine and tribenozide.They have an anesthetic, anti-inflammatory and venotonic effect. Application of suppositories Procto-gliwenol in the treatment of hemorrhoids helps patients to get rid of itching and pain in the anal area, reduce the level of skin tension.
Apply the drug in question two times a day for 1 candle in the morning and in the evening.Usually, after 3 days from the beginning of treatment, acute symptoms disappear and then you can reduce the dosage - it will be enough to use 1 candle per day.
The categorical contraindications for the use of suppositories for procto-gliwenol hemorrhoids are:
- 1 trimester of pregnancy;
- hepatic impairment.
If the disease in question concerns a pregnant woman in the 2-3 trimester, then these candles are prescribed by the doctor only after an assessment of the possible risks.
If this drug is used for 7 days or more, you may experience side effects in the form of allergic reactions, increased intestinal peristalsis and light burning - this is an excuse to cancel treatment and seek help from a specialist.
Relief, Relief ultra, Relief Advance
Despite the fact that these candles have a similar effect on the body, their composition is somewhat different:
- Relief: shark liver oil and phenylephrine hydrochloride.Shark liver oil in this preparation has immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory and wound-healing effects.The second component has vasoconstrictor abilities, which helps to reduce edema and the disappearance of itching.
- Relief Advance: shark liver oil and benzocaine.Benzocaine is an anesthetic, so these candles from hemorrhoids have not only a curative effect, but also greatly alleviate the condition of the patient.
- Relief ultra: shark liver oil, hydrocortisone and zinc sulfate monohydrate.Hydrocortisone refers to hormonal substances and has antipruritic, anti-edematous and anti-inflammatory effect.Zinc sulfate accelerates the healing process of erosion and wounds.
The basis for all considered preparations is cocoa butter, which has a softening effect.
Use the candle data from hemorrhoids 4 times a day - in the morning, in the evening and after each emptying of the intestine .Contra-indications of the use of candles from the Relief series include:
- thromboembolic disease;
- arterial hypertension;
- children under 12 years old.
Since Candlelight Relief has a hormonal substance, they must be used with extreme caution in case of diabetes, tuberculosis, viral or fungal infections, pregnancy and lactation.
These candles from hemorrhoids include iodine, zinc oxide, methylene blue, tannin, resorcinol and bismuth subnitrate.Neo-anuzole refers to combination medicines that have a wide range of action - for example, these candles will be effective against the inflammatory process in the anal area, they will have a powerful antiseptic effect, relieve pain.
The only contraindication to the use of these candles from hemorrhoids is hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of the components.
A combined preparation with astringent, antispasmodic, drying, antiseptic, analgesic and anti-inflammatory action.The composition includes zinc sulfate, an extract of belladonna leaves, a complex of bismuth oxide and bismuth tribromophinolate.
Apply candles Anusole 1-2 times a day for 1 candle, but it is possible and additional use for severe pain.The maximum permissible number of candles used per day should not exceed 7 pieces.
The categorical contraindications to the treatment of hemorrhoids with candles Anuzol include:
- the period of bearing and breastfeeding of the child;
- intestinal atony;
- hypersensitivity or individual intolerance to components;
- adenoma of the prostate;
- heart failure;
- myasthenia gravis.
If this medication is used for a long time, or the recommended daily dosage is exceeded, side effects may occur:
- diarrhea or constipation;
- dilated pupils;
- increased heart rate;
- burning in the anus;
- headache and dizziness;
- increased and constant dryness in the mouth;
- allergic reactions;
- transient visual impairment.
In some cases, an overdose can cause seizures, nausea, vomiting, urinary retention and reduced sweating - these conditions require emergency medical care, so treatment in a medical institution should be immediate.
As part of these candles from hemorrhoids contains sodium alginate - hemostatic agent, which has pronounced reparative, anti-inflammatory and haemostatic effects.Candles from hemorrhoids Natalsid can be used during pregnancy, during lactation, and in the treatment of hemorrhoids in childhood( 6 months - 14 years), you can use the child's form of the same drug, which is issued under the name Alginatol.
Contraindication to the use of Natalside is only hypersensitivity or individual intolerance of its component, since it refers to natural polysaccharides from brown seaweed and can provoke a powerful allergic reaction of the body.
Applicable candles are used in the usual mode - 1 piece twice a day in the morning and in the evening.The course of treatment is a maximum of 2 weeks, but a more specific time interval will be indicated by the attending physician.
Composition of this preparation, which is available in capsules, combined:
- Hydrocortisone is a glucocorticosteroid that can quickly relieve pain, itching and swelling.
- Framecitin is an antibacterial agent( antibiotic) of a wide spectrum of action.
- Esculoside - reduces the increased fragility of capillaries.
- Benzocaine and butamben are anesthetic and antipruritic agents of local action, reduce spasm of the anal sphincter and prevent the prolapse of hemorrhoids.
Note: should be injected into the rectum 1 capsule 2 times a day, the effect of the drug comes quickly, almost instantly, but the course of treatment with Proctosedil M should be short( not more than a week), and the abolition - gradual.That is, 2-3 days after the beginning of the application, it will be necessary to switch to the 1 capsule regimen per day.
Categorical contraindications to the use of the drug in question for the treatment of hemorrhoids are:
- any viral and fungal diseases with localization in the anorectal zone;
- pregnancy and the period of breastfeeding;
- heart failure;
- tuberculosis of any organs;
If the patient uses Proctosedil M capsules in the correct dosage, there will be no side effects.Otherwise, there is a dryness of the rectal mucosa, burning and discomfort in the anus, allergic reactions.
Betiol, Extract of belladonna
These herbal preparations with anti-hemorrhoidal action, are able to exert anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic effect.Apply a maximum of 3 times a day for 1 suppository rectally, the maximum daily dosage is 10 suppositories.Candles are contraindicated in diagnosed prostatic hypertrophy, zakratougolnoy glaucoma and hypersensitivity to the plant belladonna.
In case of prolonged use or excess daily dosage, some side effects may develop:
- dry mouth;
- heart palpitations;
Please note: during treatment with these drugs should be careful when working with mechanisms, activities that require concentration of attention, excellent vision and good response.
Separately it is worth mentioning such candles as Ultraproject, Gepatrombin G, Gebreolon.These funds belong to the group of hormonal drugs, so the advisability of their use in the treatment of hemorrhoids should be evaluated only by the attending physician. They are categorically contraindicated when:
- pregnancy( 1 trimester is not even discussed, in the second and third - at the discretion of the gynecologist and proctologist);
- syphilis;Propensity to bleed;
- viral / bacterial / infectious skin lesions.
Candles for hemorrhoids are effective remedies for treating this unpleasant disease, many of them are available for free sale, but experts strongly recommend that you first consult a doctor who will accurately supply the diagnosis and choose a safe but effective medicine.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapist of the highest qualification category