Mastitis: treatment with folk remedies
Inflammation of the breast tissue is a problem well known to all women, especially those giving birth and breastfeeding a child.Symptoms of mastitis have a specific characteristic, so with the diagnosis of the disease no problems arise.
Seeking qualified medical attention when the first signs of the inflammatory process in the mammary gland is considered mandatory.Only a specialist will be able to assess the condition of a woman, choose an effective treatment and make some predictions.But official medicine does not exclude the use of folk remedies in the treatment of mastitis - they do have a curative effect, they help preserve lactation and continue breastfeeding.Table of contents: Treatment of mastitis at home Treatment of mastitis: compresses Ointments for the treatment of mastitis at home Unconventional treatments for mastitis
Treatment of mastitis at home
Our ancestors were also "familiar" with the disease under consideration,Therefore, there is nothing surprising in the fact that there are dozens of recipes on which you can prepare a remedy.There are some rules that should be followed if a woman marks the first signs of inflammation of the breast.
If the skin becomes denser, the skin over it has acquired a red tint and becomes hot to the touch, then the woman should observe the following recommendations:
- Breast, which is affected by the pathological process, must be tied up.At least 2 times a day, it should be treated with ichthyol ointment, but do not rub it into the skin, but simply apply a thin layer.
- The place of formation of the seal should be applied gauze cloth moistened with alcohol.The napkin on the breast should be until the time of complete drying, then repeat the procedure.
- Do not apply to the affected breast of a child, but the milk must be decanted to the last drop.Even if such manipulation is painful, a woman must endure - a full expression of milk prevents the development of an abscess.
- If an abscess has already formed in the affected breast, and there is an admixture of pus or blood in the expressed milk, then a compress made on the basis of a 2% solution of hydrogen peroxide must be applied to the compaction site.
Please note: if in the woman's breast there is a seal with purulent contents( abscess), then in no case should the baby be fed even with a healthy breast!Milk should be regularly expressed and poured out - this will prevent the progression of the purulent-inflammatory process and keep lactation, so that after the recovery continue breastfeeding.
Popular treatment of mastitis: compresses
As soon as the compaction in the chest or breastfeeding has been noted in the mammary gland( these are the first signs of mastitis), one of the following compresses should be used:
- Cabbage leaves should be cut off with the blunt side of the knife until softening and the appearance of juice.Then they are applied to the affected chest, and the top is put on a bra made of cotton fabric.Keep cabbage leaves until they become dried, dried up.This compress will help get rid of the heat and swelling of the chest.
- Honey mix with wheat flour until soft test.Then the resulting mass should be rolled with a rolling pin into a thin layer and applied to the affected chest.Such a compress put on at night, from above necessarily tied any warm matter - a scarf, a scarf.Honey with flour perfectly dissolves the compaction and stops the progression of the inflammatory process.
- You need a gauze napkin or any rag soaked in camphor oil, squeeze it to a wet state, but it should not drip the oil from it.Then the tissue is applied to the affected breast, from above, cover it with gauze or a piece of sheet, and leave the compress for several hours( 2-6).Camphoric oil promotes the prompt resorption of the seal.
- Prepare the gruel from the baked onion - just chop the ready-made onion, mix it with milk and honey in equal proportions.The resulting gruel is applied to the affected chest at the location of the compaction, the top is covered with gauze or polyethylene, wrapped in something warm.This compress provides a resorption of the compaction and helps reduce the intensity of inflammation.Compress of the three components is put on 3-4 hours, then take a break for 2-3 hours and repeat the procedure.
- Take 2 tablespoons of dry sweet clover, pour a glass of boiling water and insist for 60 minutes.Then in the received infusion, moisten the napkin and apply to the affected breast for 2-3 hours.In day it is necessary to make 3-4 such procedures.This compress does not need warming, but wearing a bra made of natural material will be appropriate.
- In milk it is necessary to boil the pumpkin until ready( pulp), then it is kneaded into a homogeneous pulp and applied to the breast in the place of compaction.On top of the pumpkin gruel covered with gauze and then make all the layers of the classic compress.If you add a little sugar in the prepared pulp of pumpkin pulp, then a compress from this mush will "pull" pus from the abscess, at least it will speed up the process of its exit.
- If the problem of mastitis has occurred in the summer, then it is necessary to apply fresh leaves of mother-and-stepmother to the affected breast.Rip off the plant you need large and fleshy leaves, thickening on them is better to beat off a little.Mother-and-stepmother has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, so the process of recovery will proceed in a short time.
Please note: all compresses can be placed only after it has been received by the doctor's permission.In any case, at an elevated body temperature a woman is not allowed to have any warming procedures, and so the compresses are prohibited.
Ointments for treatment of mastitis at home
Ointments for the treatment of mastitis have a certain popularity - they are prepared easily, applied without any effort.A woman should remember that ointments can not be rubbed into the skin of the affected breast, they need to be applied with light circular motions.Prescriptions of such agents for the treatment of inflammation of the breast, in fact, a lot. We offer only a few of these:
- Take the seeds of caraway seeds and dried mint leaves, mix in equal amounts and crush.Now you need to add a little rye flour and water to the collection - "on the way out" you should get a creamy mass.The finished product is applied to the affected chest and left there until completely dry, rinse with warm water.Before the next application, the ointment from the seeds of caraway seeds and mint should be simply heated in a water bath.Use ointment 2-3 times a day until complete recovery.
- Rice starch must be sieved through a sieve( to remove debris), add vegetable oil to it in such quantity that a viscous mass is obtained.It is applied to the affected chest and left to dry completely.Rice starch can be replaced with potato starch, but not desirable.
- Take the leaves of celandine( they can be fresh or dry), grind them and add to melted butter.Proportions of ingredients: a teaspoon of vegetable raw materials per tablespoon of melted butter.All carefully mix and spread the affected breast with a thin layer at least 3 times a day.The ointment is stored in a cool place.
The above are the most popular methods of treatment for mastitis, which are known not only to folk healers, but also to official representatives of medicine.But there are also not quite traditional methods that deserve attention, especially since they are approved by official medicine.
Unconventional treatments for mastitis
As soon as the first signs of mammary inflammation( redness of the skin, tightness or pain during the baby's feeding), it is necessary to take an isotonic solution, moisten the gauze pad and apply it to the problem chest until it dries completely. Such applications must be made at least 5 per day.Instead of an isotonic solution, you can use a strong saline solution made from 200 ml of water and 2 tablespoons of common salt.
From ordinary beets you need to "get" 150 liters of juice, mix it with 50 ml of vegetable oil( preference is given to the sea-buckthorn), 1 tablespoon chopped golden root and 100 grams of grated carrots.The resulting mass should be applied to the skin of the affected breast, focusing on the location of the localization of the inflammatory process.
If the mastitis happened in the spring and early summer, then you need to find the flowers of the potato( they can be white and purple), collect them in the amount of 1 tablespoon and pour 200 ml of boiling water.Insisted for 20-30 minutes, then used on ¼ cup 2 times a day.
Note: potato flowers can provoke an exacerbation of chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, so you need to be extremely careful when using this remedy.
If the mastitis is just beginning, and there is still no compaction, and the woman only senses the stagnation of milk in the chest, it will help the gruel from the boiled beet, the crumb of black bread( in equal proportions) and 3-5 drops of oil from the sesame seeds .This remedy is applied to the problem chest, aged for 2-3 hours and then washed off with warm water.
If the disease is already actively progressing and is in a neglected stage, you will need to prepare the following remedy:
- 30 grams of melted wax mixed with 5 drops of camphor oil, 4 drops of rose oil and 10 grams of wood ash;
- all carefully mix and warm in a water bath so that the mass was "good, but tolerably hot."
The weight is applied to the affected chest three times a day.
Mastitis is a well-studied disease that can be completely cured by folk remedies.It is important to understand that you will first need to visit a specialist and only after that already use for therapy something from folk remedies.It is not necessary to change the remedy every day - a curative effect is unlikely to take place in this case, but it is appropriate to consult a physician about the choice.In this article, we have described the tested ones.Safe and approved by the official medicine for the treatment of mastitis from the category of "traditional medicine, so you can use them without fear of complications and / or undesirable consequences.
Tsygankova Yana Aleksandrovna, medical reviewer, therapeutist of the highest qualification category